Working for Us
Suffolk Cottage Holidays is a great compay to work for, even if we do say so ourselves. We occasionally have opportunities avaialble to join our team. Please see below the current job vacancies with Suffolk Cottage Holidays.
Recruitment - Suffolk Countryside
A Little bit About us at Suffolk Cottage Holidays…
Suffolk Cottage Holidays is part of the largest independent cottage agency in Suffolk which has been established for more than 25 years. We have offices in Woodbridge, Southwold and Aldeburgh, and offer marketing, sales and property management for more than 700 properties throughout Suffolk.
And we are part of a family too, The Original Cottages Family…
Suffolk Cottage Holidays is one of a nationwide family of locally managed brands owned by the Original Cottages Company. Being part of this family gives us a very special offering of
being both local and national. We really have the best of both worlds, our local teams have local knowledge, and with Original Cottages we have a national audience and refined
Having our local brands means we can give that local, personal touch to our homeowners and holidaymakers alike. We believe this gives the best of both worlds and is unique in our
industry. We foster universally high standards and take an ethical approach when dealing with our employees. We believe in playing to people's strengths and are proud of our reputation for flexibility and fairness as an employer, providing a professional, innovative and fun place to work. This is reflected in the fact that many of our employees are long-serving and thus very experienced.
We take delight in seeing our employees develop and grow within the business. We are proud to be a true family business with a strong set of values which guide and inform the
way we work.
- Family owned - Honest - Flexible
- Local - Customer focused - Progressive
- Friendly - Innovative - Fun
Job Description Overview
This is a really exciting job; if you love property, people and working in a fun and ambitious team then read on! This role is an integral part of the recruitment team at Suffolk Cottage
Holidays, with the opportunity to help shape the future of the business and development of the portfolio – both new and existing.
The ideal candidate
We are looking for a fun, friendly, enthusiastic person with a can-do attitude to join the Property Recruitment Team. You will be confident, motivated and a self starter with a view of
growing our Suffolk Countryside portfolio. A confident personality is imperative as you will often be the first person that our homeowner’s contact during their journey from idea to
reality. In addition to homeowners you will also be a confident networker, comfortable working existing and new contacts and leads. You will be happy working individually or as
part of a team. Attention to detail is vital as is an empathetic manner when liaising with homeowners and it goes without saying that you need to be well organised, with great time
management skills. Excellent computer skills, a good standard of written communication and a friendly and helpful telephone manner are all important parts of a fantastic role.
You will need a flair for property, possibly with current experience in this field, and also some sales experience. You will be meeting prospective owners and ‘selling’ Suffolk Cottage Holidays to them, so you will need to be confident and persuasive whilst adapting to individual personalities and customer expectations. Our recruiting numbers each year are going from strength to strength and you will be expected to participate towards an annual recruitment target. With a busy office and constant demands on your time we require a person who can organise their time to maximum effect. You will also need to be computer literate with good Microsoft Skills, have good admin and telephone skills and enjoy talking to people from all walks of life. As part of your training you will be shown our TABS booking system.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Carry out homeowner visits in all areas of Suffolk, dealing with initial enquiries professionally and working with potential homeowners to meet our company
- standards for holiday lets to ensure properties maximise bookings and reach quality guidelines.
- Contribute to plans for business growth through property recruitment and retention within existing areas as well as new priority areas in the county.
- A key representative of ‘Suffolk’, develop local relationships and ensure visibility locally.
- Identify ways to develop new business and opportunities to generate enquiries.
- Help plan and then implement advertising and promotional strategy and activities related to recruiting and maintaining properties.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity,pricing and tactics.
- Attend business networking and breakfast meetings to increase brand awareness.
- Set up properties on the website & through TABS adhering to our current brand processes including relevant knowledge and application of property letting legislation.
- Arrange meetings with local property developers and estate agents in Suffolk.
- Target independent property owners to introduce Suffolk Secrets, coming up with flexible arrangements to gain additional properties for the Suffolk portfolio.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to develop recruitment campaign for geographical areas identified for increased recruitment.
- Proactive in suggesting improvements to the recruitment process.
We offer attractive working conditions and a very strong team working ethos in which people are encouraged to feel part of “the family”. The hours of work will be 37.50 hours a week working 5 days Monday - Saturday. Place of work will be in Woodbridge and Bury St Edmunds. 22 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays) and nobody works on their birthday! The
longer you work with us then the better holiday and conditions you receive – we value longevity and loyalty. We operate a company contributory pension scheme. In a steadily growing company such as this, the career opportunities are there for further advancement into any part of the business – promoting from within being a major part of our business philosophy and values. Company car provided.
Interested? This is how to apply…
Please send a CV and covering letter (this is important to us) with a little bit about you and
why the job appeals to you. This should be addressed to Angie Brown and sent to us using
the contact details below.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Email Address - email@example.com
Telephone Number - 07508167833
Office Address - 19 Market Place, Southwold, Suffolk, IP18 6EA