SADLY WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING BOOKINGS FOR THIS PROPERTY.
A well appointed modern apartment in the heart of Aldeburgh, close to the sea-front - perfect for those endless summer days.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
About the Property: Set on the edge of the High Street, Admiral's Rest is a contemporary holiday apartment just a stone's throw away from the beach. Furnished to a high standard, the property is full of colour with clean and modern accessories throughout, as well as an LCD electric fire with moving flames and the sound of crackling wood. Both bedrooms are of a good size, each with an en-suite bathroom. If you look closely enough you can even see the sea from the first floor master bedroom! So cosy in winter after bracing winter walks and such fun in summer - enjoy morning breakfasts on the terrace as you bask in the sun!
This property is ideal for: A family with two children, two couples or a group of friends. For young children, a travel cot, high chair and stairgate are provided. With the benefit of off-street parking you needn't worry where to park your car. The beach is only a two minute walk away, perfect for daytime picnics and evening walks. The countryside walks continue along the marshes, which can be seen from the kitchen and twin bedroom. You can even walk to Snape Maltings via the sailors path.
Please note, Admiral's Rest is accessed via stairs and as such is not wheelchair friendly.
Exploring: A visit to Thorpeness is a must. You can reach the coastal village by walking along the seafront for around 40 minutes. Children (and adults too) will love having a boat on Thorpeness Meare, covering 60 acres, with little islands on which you can stop and explore. Keep your eyes peeled for crocodiles!
For day trips, the coast at Southwold is a 30 minute drive, packed full of independent shops. Make sure you take a brewery tour at the famous Adnams, and pay a visit to the pier.
Of course for a historical experience you must try out Orford Castle and Sutton Hoo, both under an hour's drive away.
Self Catering Eating and Drinking: You won't need to travel far to stock up on the essentials. Aldeburgh High Street is packed full of independent local food shops and cafes. On the approach to the town there is a Co-op and Tesco Express Store offering a wide range of familiar goodies as well as the Friday Street Farm Shop, selling home-grown fruit and vegetables. For fresh, locally sourced food, simply walk down the High Street, stopping off at Salter and King Butchers, Aldeburgh Market (also with a small cafe), Lawson's Delicatessen and Adnams for a bottle of wine.
Eating and Drinking Out: Aldeburgh High Street is full of eateries - you certainly will be spoilt for choice. The Brudenell is the closest restaurant to Admiral's Rest, only a two minute walk away. This AA two rosette winner has panoramic views of the sea and provides a wonderful setting whatever the occasion. For an evening pint, head to The White Hart; whilst there be sure to try one of their pizzas, cooked in a wood-fired oven. A holiday to Aldeburgh is not complete without a trip to one (or two) fish and chip shops on the High Street. Owned by the same family, you may have to queue but it will certainly be worth the wait!
For more information on the local area, please visit our sister sites, Visit Aldeburgh and Visit Suffolk Coast.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Door opens on to small hallway with hooks for hanging coats and leaving shoes. Stairs lead up to the first floor
- A door on the left opens on to the open plan sitting/dining area. Bright and colourful with sofa, egg chair and easy chair, TV with Freeview, DVD player, electric feature fire, coffee table, iPod dock and floor lamps
- Dining area with modern dining table and chairs, seating four
- A door behind leads to the well-equipped kitchen with six-ring hob, electric oven range with heating tray, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, kettle, toaster, radio and cafetiere. Views out to the countryside and the river marshes beyond
- Twin bedroom with full-sized single beds, easy chair, chest of drawers, bedside table and lamp. Views to the countryside and river marshes beyond. En-suite bathroom with w.c., washbasin, shower cubicle and heated towel rail
- Wide staircase with rail
- Master Bedroom with king-sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, easy chair, hair dryer, plenty of hanging space in wardrobes and shelves, a selection of books and window seat. The sea is visible from the room
- En-suite bathroom with w.c., washbasin, bath with hand-held shower attachment and heated towel rail
- Covered balcony area on the first floor level with small table and chairs and bench.
- Off-street parking for one car in the private car park. For any additional cars, parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class; we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon - Wed 8.45am - 5pm, Thurs 9.30am - 5.30pm, Fri 8.45am - 4.30pm
- Please note, Admiral's Rest is accessed via stairs with hand rail
- Gas central heating throughout
- Cotton bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- Smoking is not permitted in the apartment
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided
- Equipment for a baby is provided, including a stair gate, travel cot and high chair. Please bring your own linen for the cot
- Other equipment provided: an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and hoover
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 21st July 2017||£681.00|
|21st July 2017 - 18th August 2017||£867.00|
|18th August 2017 - 25th August 2017||£909.00|
|25th August 2017 - 1st September 2017||£867.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£681.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£504.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£681.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£504.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£867.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
We had a lovely stay here at Admirals Rest - a weekend of shopping, eating and relaxing. We had a great meal at the Lighthouse and brunch at Aldeburgh Market. Great accommodation with everything we needed.A previous customer - 20th November 2015
Our second stay at Admirals Rest and just as enjoyable as the first time. We will miss our morning walk along the seafront. Enjoyed fish and chips from both shops as well as quiche, cheese and salad from Lawsons Delicatessen. We look forward to our next visit.A previous customer - 18th May 2015
Most enjoyable walk into Thorpeness and back. Evening walks great too - just a couple of minutes from the sea front, breezy at times but invigorating. We will be back.A previous customer - 8th May 2015
Had a great week. Visited some good local places especially Thorpeness, Southwold, Sutton Hoo and Dunwich. Nice apartment, very good location, close to sea and town. Brudenell Hotel nice for drinks in the evening.A previous customer - 31st October 2014