This luxurious modern property is just a short stroll away from Aldeburgh beach, an ideal base in which to explore the town and the surrounding area. Beautifully furnished, the house scores high on the environmentally friendly scale with discrete solar panels and a heat exchange system as well as a log burning stove. Spacious double bedrooms, a charming kitchen dining area and a delightful garden featuring a pergola make this property a perfect choice for an extended family or a group of friends.
SNAPE 5 miles (8km), ORFORD 12 miles (17km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39km)
About this Suffolk Cottage Holidays Property: This contemporary holiday home combines a modern aesthetic with a classic homely feel. A perfect intertwining of convenience with a dash of old world charm - all in a new, reliable build. At Bertuna, you are perfectly positioned to explore the beautiful seaside town of Aldeburgh with the beach just a 5 minute walk away. The property boasts 3 gorgeous double bedrooms, two of which include ensuites, and 2 twin bedrooms. The lucky couple that lands the master bedroom can also expect a balcony, looking out onto a scenic shingle bank. Accommodation is arranged over three floors, the comfortable sitting room and large open plan kitchen dining room and cloakroom on the ground floor, three bedrooms and two bathrooms on the 1st floor and a further double bedroom and single/small twin and bathroom on the 2nd floor.
Highlights include the lovely kitchen diner area, beautifully furnished with a duck egg blue colour scheme. An island feature allows more space for catering, and the dining area is situated perfectly, looking on to the gorgeous garden with floral pergola. The living room features a classic wood-burner, fantastic for those chillier evenings by the sea. On warmer days, enjoy the outside sitting area, perfect for glorious evenings soaking up the sun (perhaps even with a barbecue!).
The Grounds: Bertuna has a south-facing walled garden with patio and a table and chairs, from which steps lead up to lawned areas surrounded by shrubs. There is a pergola at the end of the garden with additional seating, ideal for anyone wanting a quiet read.
Parking: Parking for 2 cars, one in the garage (9ft, 2.7 m wide) and one in the drive. There is further un-restricted parking on the street.
Sleeps: Up to ten in three king sized doubles, one twin and a single bedroom with additional pull-out trundle bed on the 2nd floor (this room also makes a comfortable nursery with baby changing facilities).
This property is ideal for: One or two families, or groups of friends. With two floors of bedrooms to choose from you can enjoy some privacy whilst sharing the kitchen and sitting room.
Exploring: Aldeburgh and neighbouring Thorpeness have so much to offer whatever your holiday interests; for sailors there is both a yacht and sailing club with sailing on the estuary and the sea, whilst those with an occasional interest in boating can enjoy boating on the Meare at Thorpeness (rowing boats, punts, canoes, sailing dinghies or a trip on one of the boats plying up and down the estuary from Slaughden). The near by tennis courts are available to members of the public. Walkers, cyclists and bird watchers can enjoy a myriad of unique habitats from coastal landscapes to heath and meadow land, estuary mudflats to woodland footpaths in a single walk. Fishermen should bring their rods; there is fine fishing on Aldeburgh beach from cod in winter to sole, flounder and school bass in the summer. Bikes can be safely stored in the garage.
Aldeburgh is famed for its annual music festival, but there is a year round programme of arts events from documentary and poetry festivals to art exhibitions and of course the summer theatre - not to be missed. Dive right into the multitude of opportunities that this beautiful area of Suffolk has to offer; from local history to dog- friendly scenic walks, as well as annual events such as the Aldeburgh music festival, soak up the cultural delights of this wonderful location.
Self Catering Eating and Drinking: You won't need to travel far to stock up on the essentials. Aldeburgh High Street is packed full of independent local food shops and cafes. On the approach to the town there is a Co-op and Tesco Express Store offering a wide range of familiar goodies, as well as Friday Street Farm Shop, selling home-grown fruit and vegetables. For fresh, locally sourced food, simply walk down the High Street, stopping off at Salter and King butchers, Aldeburgh Market (also with a small cafe), Lawson's Delicatessen and Adnams for a bottle of wine.
Eating and Drinking Out: Aldeburgh High Street is full of eateries; you will certainly be spoilt for choice! The Wentworth is the closest restaurant to Bertuna, only a short walk away. This Michellin recommended restaurant offers the best in locally produced food and drink with panoramic views of the sea and provides a wonderful setting whatever the occasion. For an evening pint, head to The White Hart; whilst there be sure to try one of their pizzas, cooked in a wood-fired oven. However, no trip to Suffolk could be complete without trying the town's world-class fish and chips: there are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street, both with a fantastic reputation... you may have to queue at busy lunchtime periods but it will be well worth the wait.
Minimum Hire: Three nights, except in high season when it is a week. Changeover is usually a Friday. Long weekends and mid week breaks available, except from early July until the end of August, and the Christmas and New Year period.
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
The Ground Floor
- The front door opens into the hallway where there is plenty of space to hang coats etc
- A spacious inner hall with large hall table and coat hooks and plenty of space for shoes etc, leads to the sitting room, kitchen and dining room, cloakroom and to the integral garage.
- Spacious, light and airy kitchen is of modern design with beautiful hues. The kitchen units include a double sink unit, dishwasher, washing machine and a number of cupboards as well as a large range master gas cooker with a six ring hob as well as grill and fan oven. In addition there is a large island unit which provides copious space for food preparation along with additional storage cupboards, and two fridges and a freezer
- The dining area overlooks the south facing rear garden and includes an extending dining table to seat up to 10 and further unit with a range of books, glasses etc
- Outside dining area for sun soaked evenings, ideal for barbecues
- Comfortable living room with large sofas, easy chairs, coffee table, lots of lamps and love seat by the window. There is a lovely wood burning stove for the winter and a large flat screen TV with Youview package.
- Complimentary board games such as Scrabble and Chess for entertainment on quieter or rainy evenings
- There is a ground floor cloakroom with w.c. and wash basin. Control to ground floor underneath heating in garage, as well as electrical boards and tumble dryer.
- The large master bedroom includes a king size double bed, bedside tables and lamps and has the advantage of two large storage cupboards with loads of hanging space and shelving. French doors lead from the bedroom to a large balcony. There is a small coffee table and two chairs suitable for indoor or outside use, perfect for a morning coffee or relaxing glass of wine. The en suite bathroom includes a bath, shower, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- The twin bedroom has two full sized single beds, bedside chest and lamp, chest of drawers and hanging hooks
- The double bedroom has a king sized double bed and bedside tables and lamps, built in wardrobe and large shelving unit with storage cupboards below.
- The spacious family bathroom includes a bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- This spacious dual aspect double bedroom has spectacular coastal views towards Thorpeness and includes a king size double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and fitted cupboard, easy chair. There is an en suite bathroom with bath and over head shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
- A bedroom in the eaves, limited head height at either side. The bedroom has a single bed with further trundle beneath (please specify in advance if required). This room is ideal for a single adult or one or two children. There is a fitted cupboard at one end with shelving and baby changing area.
- The double length garage (width 9 feet, 2.74 m) can be accessed both from the drive and the house. To the rear of the garage is a freezer, log store and utility area. A door leads from the garage to the south facing rear garden.
- There is space for a car in the drive. The rear garden is fully enclosed and includes a patio area with table and chairs, steps lead up past areas of lawn with shrubs and fruit trees. The path leads through an attractive rose covered pagoda to a further seating area with benches and a small table.
- Underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, there is gas central heating throughout the house. A starter pack of logs is provided for the log fire in the sitting room
- Babies are very welcome and a travel cot (please bring your own bedding for the cot) and high chair are provided.
- Broadband wi fi is provided
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|A||21st April 2017 - 4th May 2017||£1,710.00|
|B||5th May 2017 - 25th May 2017||£1,950.00|
|C||26th May 2017 - 1st June 2017||£2,230.00|
|B||2nd June 2017 - 20th July 2017||£1,950.00|
|C||21st July 2017 - 17th August 2017||£2,230.00|
|D||18th August 2017 - 24th August 2017||£2,559.00|
|C||25th August 2017 - 31st August 2017||£2,230.00|
|B||1st September 2017 - 28th September 2017||£1,950.00|
|A||29th September 2017 - 19th October 2017||£1,710.00|
|B||20th October 2017 - 26th October 2017||£1,950.00|
|A||27th October 2017 - 21st December 2017||£1,710.00|
|C||22nd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£2,230.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.