In the very centre of the classic seaside town of Aldeburgh, Correggio Cottage is a really spacious Victorian holiday villa with uninterrupted views over the beach and the sea. Perfectly located for self catering holidaymakers, Correggio is just a dozen steps from the beach and within a very easy walk of the majority of Aldeburgh's amenities - it will suit all the family.
SNAPE 5 miles (8km), ORFORD 12 miles (17km), WOODBRIDGE 20 MILES (33KM), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
About the Property: Correggio Cottage is a charming Victorian family holiday house perfectly situated for the beach (just across the road) and Aldeburgh's High Street and shops.
One of the few properties in Aldeburgh with a south facing frontage, Correggio's sitting room and dining area are filled with sunlight in good weather. The house is a fascinating mix of traditional furnishing and 70s chic! The bathrooms have been completely refurbished for holiday letting in 2015, the kitchen re-fitted to incorporate charming antique light oak units alongside brand new contemporary kitchen equipment for a comfortable self catering holiday. The spacious reception room and master bedrooms include a fascinating mix of family antiques and classic Conran. With a superb selection of books and great sea views; this is the ideal holiday escape for anyone with an interest in literature and the arts.
In the mid 20th century, composer Benjamin Britten lived just a few doors down the road on Crag Path. His sister owned Correggio and for a century or more the house has hosted musicians, artists, photographers and writers alongside their families and friends, visiting Aldeburgh for inspiration and to simply relax and holiday.
Behind the garden wall is a south facing seating area in which to read the papers and watch the great and good of Aldeburgh pass by, the perfect place for croissant and coffee. At the rear of the house is a private courtyard garden with table, chairs and barbecue. Bikes can be stored in the courtyard.
About the location: Aldeburgh is a very special seaside town, held in a time warp by generations of families delighting in its Edwardian elegance, its timeless feel and its relaxed atmosphere. Writers, artists, composers, musicians, actors and those who hanker for the simple pleasures of holidays in their youth return to Aldeburgh year after year. In the past half decade Aldeburgh has become home to a number of smart boutiques and excellent local shops selling fresh local produce and organic food. Several super restaurants have been established and the visitor can now enjoy anything from Aldeburgh's world famous fish and chips to a top quality gourmet meal.
The boating lake remains a draw for even the most sophisticated 21st century youngster and you can still stroll down to Slaughden for sailing or a boat trip on the Alde. There are tennis courts open to the public, a wonderful golf course, quiet coastal and heathland walks and cycle ride.
Despite Aldeburgh being one of the east coast's most famous holiday destinations, the town is only really crowded during the Carnival in mid August. Even then just a short stroll along the beach or across the water meadows towards Slaughden or Thorpeness will give you the opportunity to leave the people behind and commune with the area's outstanding natural beauty, with its plethora of birdlife and unspoilt coastal landscape.
Eating out: Extremely good restaurants produce mouth watering menus which are likely to attract you back time and again; make sure to visit The Lighthouse and Regatta. There are also excellent restaurants at The Brudenell, The White Lion and The Wentworth hotels. Of course, you cannot mention Aldeburgh without alluding to fish and chips! The town has, arguably, the two best fish and chip shops in East Anglia if not the UK!
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Lobby with stable door, hooks for hanging coats, boot space and mirror.
- Sitting room with sea views, window seat with cushions, flat screen TV and DVD, book case with books, lamps, sofa, two easy chairs, a child's chair and several occasional tables. To the rear of the room is a circular dining table with seating for 6.
- The kitchen is fully fitted with fridge, gas hob, electric oven, small breakfast table and chairs, floor to ceiling cupboard storage, washing machine, dishwasher and Belfast sink. A door leads from the kitchen to the courtyard.
- Ground floor bathroom with large circular shower, w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail and slate floor.
- An easy staircase leads to
- Family bathroom with bath with over-head shower, w.c., wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
- Bunk bedroom, with full sized bunk beds and side table.
- Master bedroom with king sized double bed with bedside tables and lamps, bay window with views of the sea, full length mirror, hanging, dressing table and large dresser with drawers. The area beside the window has a table and chair. With wonderful views of the sea it is ideal for beach watching or reading
- Twin bedded room with side tables, chest of drawers, coat stand, chair and mirror.
- Courtyard garden with planting with garden table and chairs, barbecue
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please do bring your own beach towels.
- One well behaved dog is welcome please keep the dog on the ground floor. The courtyard is fully fenced.
- Sorry, but smoking is not permitted at Correggio Cottage.
- Gas central heating and electricity are provided.
- Wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for intensive work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
It was such an interesting and comfortable home, with a very welcoming ambience. We would loveÂ to stay again.A previous customer - 4th January 2016
We enjoyed Correggio in Aldeburgh. It's a lovely house and a lovely location.Wendy S, London - 24th May 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.