Situated at the far end of the Aldeburgh High Street close to the sea, this deceptively spacious cottage oozes character and warmth. A real home-from-home, this bright, fun and inviting property has everything you could need for a holiday by the sea. Just seconds from some of the best local eateries and shops.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km) ORFORD 12 miles (17 km) WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km) SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
The Property: A large detached cottage at the south end of Aldeburgh High Street, complete with a generous, private courtyard garden. The cottage has been decorated with a homely feel and has the holidaymaker at the centre. From the numerous books, board games and DVDs provided to the copious storage space in both the kitchen and bedrooms, there is everything you could need here for a family holiday.
The first floor is split by two landings, with the benefit of a separate cloakroom. An attractive feature is the Jack and Jill Family Bathroom. Accessed through both the Master and the Twin Bedroom, it acts as a large en-suite to both rooms. The bedrooms themselves are comfortable and bright, perfect after a long day walking along the coast.
Grounds: A private, walled courtyard garden with an outside dining area for four. Perfect for summer dining, light up the barbecue and enjoy the long, mild evenings. A gate leads to the High Street which can be locked, an important security feature for families with inquisitive little ones. It also makes the ideal place for leaving bikes and beach equipment.
Parking: There is on-street parking outside the cottage on the High Street (limited to 2 hours). Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
Sleeps: 4 in 1 king and 1 twin.
Minimum Hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Changeover is usually a Friday. Long weekends and midweek breaks available, except from early July until the end of August, and the Christmas and New Year period.
Exploring: The cottage is really close to a vast selection of shops and local eateries so you need not wander far before finding something to fill the shelves. Just a hop, skip and a jump from the famous Aldeburgh Fish and Chip Shops, you may have to queue but we can assure you it is worth the wait! The beach too is only a 2 minute walk away, perfect for teens who may want a bit more freedom. Take the little ones to the miniature boating lake to sail their vessels or hire a rowing boat at the nearby Thorpeness Meare (1.5 mile drive). The yacht and sailing clubs at Slaughden as well as the Aldeburgh tennis courts also have summer appeal. For golfers, there are courses in both Aldeburgh and Thorpeness. Wildlife enthusiasts will love exploring the marshes and the surrounding area which are home to hundreds of birds including some rare ground nesting breeds.
Don't forget to pack your walking boots as a walk along the selection of coastal and heathland footpaths are a must. There is also a good choice of relatively flat cycle paths.
Eating and drinking: For full details of pubs and restaurants please click on the following links - restaurants and pubs.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door opens into the large hall with stairs leading to the first floor. A door to the left leads to the sitting room and to the far end, doors lead to the kitchen and outside into the private courtyard. There are coat hooks for storing coats, as well as an under stairs cupboard housing an iron, ironing board, clothes airer and hoover.
- The generous sized sitting room contains a tall free-standing lamp, easy chair, L-shaped corner sofa with seating for 4, side table, telephone with access to incoming calls and emergency calls only, wood burning stove (a starter pack of wood is supplied), flatscreen TV showing Freeview, and a DVD player. A bookcase in the corner contains a vast collection of books, DVDs and board games, suitable for all ages. Views onto the High Street.
- Fully fitted kitchen with large fridge/freezer, dining table with retro seats for four, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, 4 slice toaster, kettle, 4 ring electric hob and oven, USB plug sockets and bluetooth speaker. Plenty of cooking equipment supplied along with adequate storage for food and extras. Views onto the private courtyard. There is a fully fitted wooden stairgate on the entrance to the kitchen.
- Stairs from the hall lead to the
- First part landing leads to the cloakroom with w.c., hand basin and small under sink cupboard.
- A small step in the hall leads to the second part of the landing with doors leading to the Master and Twin Bedroom.
- Master Bedroom with king sized double bed, walk in wardrobe with hanging space, bedside drawers and lamps, telephone for incoming and emergency calls, chest of drawers, feature fireplace and free standing full length mirror. Views of the High Street. A door from the Master Bedroom leads to the Jack and Jill Family Bathroom, which can also be accessed through (and is shared with) the Twin Bedroom.
- Jack and Jill Family Bathroom with w.c., handbasin, bath with overhead shower, heated towel rail. Doors leading to the Master Bedroom and the Twin Bedroom.
- Twin Bedroom with full sized single beds, bedside table and lamps, feature fireplace and built in wardrobe with hanging space. Views to the private courtyard.
- Private courtyard with access to the High Street, with outside table and 4 chairs and BBQ (please provide your own charcoal). Plenty of room for bikes and beach equipment, can be locked from the inside for security. There is a ramp for motorcycles if guests wish to store these in the courtyard.
- Gas fired central heating provided throughout. A starter supply of logs are provided for the wood burning stove in the Sitting Room.
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of the owners and other guests, smoking is not permitted in the property.
- Dog owners are kindly asked to keep their dogs in the kitchen area only.
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- There is public parking on the High Street outside Gosfield Cottage, however this is limited to 2 hours. Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.