Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 7 people, using 4 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFHAN7.
In the very heart of Aldeburgh, on the Suffolk coast, Hanover House has wonderful views over Aldeburgh beach and the sea. Fully refurbished, it provides delightful accommodation for 7 to 9 people. Friends or family, the self-contained garden flat gives your group added flexibility.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
About the Property: Hanover House is a delightful, bay-fronted property in the heart of Aldeburgh. With the property facing Aldeburgh High Street in one direction, the sea in the other, it?s perfectly positioned for a seaside holiday. Set over three floors, there are two lovely ground floor bedrooms and shower room, a large open plan sitting room leading into the kitchen dining room on the first floor and two bedrooms and bathroom on the top floor. Sea views from both the 1st and 2nd floor, so if the youngsters decide to go on the boating lake you can keep an eye on them from the house. The bright and beachy feel throughout the house, with painted floors, modern furnishings with lots of thoughtful touches makes for a stylish break by the sea. The ground floor shower is a bonus for anyone coming back from the beach. Below the house is an additional cosy little apartment for 2. (Total Sleeps 9). The garden apartment will not be available to other holidaymakers when Hanover House is in use.
The Grounds: Hanover House has a small courtyard garden for al fresco dining, whilst the beach is just a few metres away.
Parking: Park up in the High Street to drop off bags etc. Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
Sleeps: Sleeps 9 in 3 doubles, 1 twin , 1 single (+1 with pull out bed)
Ideal for: One or two families, or groups of friends. With two distinct sleeping areas you can have some privacy whilst sharing the kitchen and sitting rooms. There?s something for everyone to enjoy in Aldeburgh and Thorpeness. Just along the high street is a fantastic selection of boutiques, shops, galleries, Aldeburgh?s lovely old independant cinema and a magnificent choice of fine eateries and pubs. For any keen sailors there is both a yacht and sailing club with sailing on the estuary and the sea. If you fancy a more leisurely boating experience there?s always The Meare at Thorpeness. In the heart of the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldeburgh is also ideal for bird watchers, cyclists, walkers and photographers. Fishermen should bring their rods; there is fine fishing on Aldeburgh beach from cod in winter to sole, flounder and school bass.
Eating and Drinking out: There are plenty of pubs, restaurants and tearooms to choose from, all within a stones throw of Hanover House.The White Lion Hotel has sea views and a traditional menu and Prezzo provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for all ages. For slightly more formal dining try Regatta or The Lighthouse but no trip to Suffolk would be complete without trying the world-class Aldeburgh fish and chips. There are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street with 'The Times' describing them as 'possibly the finest on the East Coast?.
Self Catering Eating: In the High street you will find all the holiday provisions and treats you need; butchers, bakers, greengrocers, Lawson's Delicatessen, a Co-op general store and, of course, there is no shortage of fish sheds dotted along the beach, selling freshly-caught seafood throughout the day. Alternatively, most of the major supermarkets will deliver to this address.
Snape Maltings is only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
For more ideas on places to visit and things to do, please see our information websites Visit Aldeburgh and Visit Orford
- Sleeps 9
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
Upper ground floor
- The front door opens into a hall area with coat hooks and understair space for pushchairs, buckets and spades etc and doors to
- A double bedded room with stripped wood flooring, bedside table and lamp, hanging space, chest of drawers, fitted cupboard with shelving, easy chair and French Windows with a sea view
- A cosy single bedroom with a single bed and additional pull out (2ft 6ins). There is a chest of drawers, dresser, hanging space, Victorian fireplace and shutters to the windows.
- A shower room with deep shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Stairs lead directly into the sitting room with large French doors overlooking Aldeburgh beach, the boating lake and the sea. Sofas, easy chairs and cushions, lamps and coffee tables, shelving with books, a flat screen TV and DVD, Victorian fireplace
- The large kitchen / dining room has a large stripped pine table and chairs. Stylish fully fitted the kitchen has gas hob, and electric oven, dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine and microwave
- Once again the double bedroom has excellent views over the beach and the sea, with stripped pine floors, there is a double bed, bedside table and lamps, a large walk in hanging cupboard, chest of drawers, chair and shutters to the windows
- A twin bedroom with two single beds with bedside table and lamp, large fitted cupboards with hanging space and shelving, and a wooden cot
- The bathroom has bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c., and radiator
Lower ground floor
- The garden flat has its own front door which leads into
- The sitting room with sofa and easy chairs, coffee table and lamps, TV and DVD, shelving and books
- There is a fitted galley kitchen with electric hob, oven, fridge, microwave
- Shower room with shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- The double bedroom has double bed, bedside tables and lamps, inset ceiling lights, shelving and fitted cupboard with shelving and hanging space
- There is a gate from the street to the house entrance and the garden. Hanover House has a tiled patio courtyard garden with table and chairs, charcoal BBQ, shrubs and pot plants
- Central heating, bed linen and towels are included (please bring own beach towels) If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as Booking Conditions are met.
- Immortalise your special occasion with A photo album of your holiday
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- Ye Olde Cross Keys - tel. 01728 452637
- The Mill Inn - tel. 01728 452563. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£1,635|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£1,299|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£1,635|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£1,299|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£2,150|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£1,335|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£1,480|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£1,335|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£1,680|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£1,480|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£2,090|
|1 Jun 18 - 15 Jun 18||£1,680|
|15 Jun 18 - 22 Jun 18||£1,910|
|22 Jun 18 - 13 Jul 18||£1,680|
|13 Jul 18 - 20 Jul 18||£1,910|
|20 Jul 18 - 17 Aug 18||£2,090|
|17 Aug 18 - 24 Aug 18||£2,150|
|24 Aug 18 - 7 Sep 18||£2,090|
|7 Sep 18 - 14 Sep 18||£1,910|
|14 Sep 18 - 21 Sep 18||£1,680|
|21 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£1,480|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£1,680|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£1,335|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£2,150|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
A wonderful break - the children loved the proximity to the sea and my parents were delighted to have their own quiet space downstairs. Works really well for a 3 generation break.Sophie B, Oxford - 4th September 2016
The house was well equipped, warm, comfortable and the layout worked well for our extended family.Jane K, Lincolnshire - 18th August 2015