DescriptionPerfect for families with kids who want a holiday by the sea that won't break the bank, The Pink House is handily located on the way in to Aldeburgh.
ALDEBURGH BEACH AND HIGH STREET less than 1 mile, SNAPE 5 miles, SOUTHWOLD 22 miles, ORFORD 13 miles, WOODBRIDGE 17 miles
About this property: Recently refurbished to a good standard, The Pink House is conveniently situated on the road into Aldeburgh. Highlights include the delightful dining area, light and airy featuring a lovely original fireplace, with room for a high chair if necessary. The garden is lush and spacious, wonderful for evenings outside enjoying a tasty summer barbecue.
A walk of only ten minutes or so will find you in the high street, where there is a great selection of small shops and boutiques as well as bars, cafes, tea rooms and restaurants, close enough to have a meal out in the evening, maybe even take in a film at the independent cinema, and not have to worry about finding a taxi home. One minute further will find you on the beach, blissful in the summer (especially at low tide, when a precious strip of sand is exposed, not easy to come by in these parts) and wonderfully bracing in the winter.
This property is ideal for: A family of 4 or a small group of friends seeking a seaside retreat, with room also for a child under 2. The property also allows for one well-behaved dog. If you're seeking a location that allows you to holiday on the beautiful Suffolk Coast without breaking the bank, The Pink House is for you. The property is perfectly placed to venture into Aldeburgh with ease, ideal for exploring this delightful seaside town and all it has to offer. Visitors are also in close proximity to the neighbouring towns and villages of Snape, Southwold, Orford and Woodbridge if you wish to explore the area further.
Parking: Parking space is usually available at the front of the property on the main road, if not there is also a nearby Co-op carpark nearby, free of charge.
Exploring: Aldeburgh and neighbouring Thorpeness have plenty to offer whatever your holiday interests! If you're a keen golfer, the Aldeburgh Golf Club is just up the road. For sailors there is both a yacht and sailing club with sailing on the estuary and the sea, whilst those with an occasional interest in boating can enjoy boating on the Meare at Thorpeness.
Fishermen, make sure to bring your rods; there is fine fishing on Aldeburgh beach from cod in winter to sole, flounder and school bass in the summer. Walkers, cyclists and bird watchers can enjoy a myriad of unique habitats from heath and meadow land to coastal landscapes, estuary mudflats to woodland footpaths, all in a single walk.
The cultural hub of Aldeburgh offers a year round programme of arts events from documentary and poetry festivals to art exhibitions. There is also the ever-popular summer theatre - not to be missed! For yet more arty offerings there's Snape, with its wonderful convertedMaltings housing - the world famous concert hall. Make sure to check out the Aldeburgh Music website to see what's on whilst you're in the area.
Don?t be hesitant to dive right into the multitude of opportunities that this beautiful area of Suffolk has to offer! Do take a look at our Visit Suffolk Coast and Visit Aldeburgh websites for some ideas of other ways to spend your time in Aldeburgh.
Self Catering Eating and Drinking: Just over the road from The Pink House is The Co-op, very useful if you want to be able to do your holiday shop in one go or to nip to when you suddenly decide you really fancy a fry-up for breakfast. (There are also two lovely delicatessens to choose from in the high street, Lawsons and Aldeburgh Market, as well as some fabulous farm shops a little further afield, including Friday Street Farm Shop at Farnham, which it is quite possible you would have passed on your way in.)
Eating and Drinking Out: A stay in the Pink House will certainly leave you spoilt for choice on where to eat out. The Brudenell, an AA two rosette winner has panoramic views of the sea and provides a wonderful setting whatever the occasion. Regatta or The Lighthouse are also fantastic options for fine dining. For an evening pint, head to The White Hart; whilst there be sure to try one of their pizzas, cooked in a wood-fired oven. However, no trip to Suffolk could be complete without trying the town?s world-class fish and chips: there are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street, both with a fantastic reputation... you may have to queue at busy lunchtime periods but it will be well worth the wait.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Saturday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The stained-glass front door brings you into the hallway, with a large coir mat for wiping grubby boots, stripped wood floors, and space and hanging hooks under the stairs.
- To the right is the dining room, with a good-sized table and seating for four, lovely stripped wood floors, and a pretty fireplace (unused).
- The living room, which runs the width of the house, has two two-seater sofas, a flatscreen TV, DVD player, Freeview+ and CD player. There is also a folding breakfast table which extends to seat 4. French doors overlook the terrace.
- The good-sized galley kitchen houses almost every appliance you should need on your holiday - fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board, electric fan oven and grill, four-ring (plus wok ring) gas hob, cafetiere, microwave, kettle and toaster.
- A door leads from the kitchen to the patio area, with planted borders.
- A carpeted stairway, straight other than one turn at the bottom, with handrail on the right as you ascend, leads to the first floor.
- The twin room overlooks gardens to the rear and consists of two standard-sized single beds, each with a bedside unit and 'touch dimming' lamp. There is also storage space by way of a wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- The main bedroom has a king-sized bed with a bedside table and 'touch dimming' lamp on each side. The room also features an easy chair, flatscreen TV, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- The bathroom features a double-sized shower, short (but wide) bath with handheld shower attachment, corner-unit w.c., handbasin and heated towel rail.
- There is a small, fenced patio area to the rear of the property and beyond that, a fenced lawn with decorative borders and mature fruit trees.
- Gas central heating, powered (along with hot water) by combi boiler.
- Bed linen and towels are included (but please bring your own beach towels).
- An unlimited broadband Wifi connection available.
- In consideration of other visitors smoking is not permitted at this cottage.
- Travelcot, stairgate and highchair provided. Please bring your own bedding for the travelcot. There is also a hoover and a hairdryer at the property.
- Ye Olde Cross Keys - tel. 01728 452637
- The Mill Inn - tel. 01728 452563. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
This is second time we have stayed at this property. It is on a main road which may be a bit off putting, but it is not busy and did not cause concern. Location is excellent with a Tesco and Co-op opposite, within a few minutes there is a lovely park and children's play area which you can walk through to the sea, about 15/20 minutes. House has plenty of room and a lovely secure garden ideal for young children or dogs. There is also a nice outdoor eating area. The cottage was spotless and obviously well cared for, this is a lovely area and a very nice cottage. I think you are better off than right into Aldeburgh as no parking issues and not so busy would well recommend.Mr Phil Barker - 8th August 2017
The Pink Cottage has been the ideal place to return to after exploring the Countryside of Suffolk, cosy, comfortable and welcomingA previous customer - 11th September 2015
Our second visit to the Pink House and we enjoyed it just as much as the last time. Â A lovely home from home in beautiful Suffolk.A previous customer - 18th June 2015
There was nothing we could fault about The Pink House. Delighted with the property and the area. We plan to return.Frances E, Essex - 18th March 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.