From September 2017 Pantiles will be available as a sleeps 7 with a loft conversion being refurbished. To book this property as a sleeps 7 and to get further details please call.
Deceptively spacious, Pantiles has been renovated to provide contemporary and luxury accommodation for 5 people. Just off the high street and 200 yards from the beach, Pantiles enjoys the benefit of an enclosed south facing patio garden and off-street car parking.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
About the property: Just a couple of minutes walk up the hill from the High Street and the beach at Aldeburgh, Pantiles is the perfect base for exploring all that this gorgeous seaside town has to offer. The property has been beautifully refurbished to provide spacious and comfortable holiday accommodation; the two sitting rooms and substantial kitchen/dining room ensures that there is plenty of space for the whole group. With Sammy's seal of approval, the property is an ideal choice for those looking for a relaxed and carefree holiday for all the family to enjoy. Visitors are also in close proximity to the neighbouring towns and villages of Snape, Southwold, Orford and Woodbridge if you wish to explore the area further.
This property is ideal for: A family or a group of friends, or a group of musicians attending one of the many events at the Aldeburgh Festival.
Setting: A wonderful beach, Edwardian boating lake, great pubs, fine restaurants, cooking school, sailing and yacht club, boat trips and fresh fish sold daily from the little fishing huts overlooking the sea - Aldeburgh has it all. The town has long been a favourite seaside escape for the artistically inclined, the setting for fine writing and great opera, and inspiration for world renowned artists, Aldeburgh plays host to concerts, film and poetry festivals, art exhibitions and has been the holiday resort of choice since the early 1900s.
In the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldeburgh is an ideal location for bird watchers, walkers and of course sailors. The estuary, marshes and shingle banks are home to a wide variety of wildlife. Nearby Thorpeness is well worth a visit, and there are boat trips from Slaughden on the Alde Estuary as well as opportunities for golf at the the famous heathland golf courses in Aldeburgh and Thorpeness.
Parking: Off-street car parking year round.
Exploring: Aldeburgh offers a wealth of activities just waiting to be explored, whatever your holiday interests! If you're a keen golfer, the Aldeburgh Golf Club is just up the road. Fishermen, make sure to bring your rods; there is fine fishing on Aldeburgh beach from cod in winter to sole, flounder and school bass in the summer. For sailors there is both a yacht and sailing club with sailing on the estuary and the sea, whilst those with an occasional interest in boating can enjoy boating on the Meare at Thorpeness. Walkers, cyclists and bird watchers can enjoy a myriad of unique habitats from heath and meadow land to coastal landscapes, estuary mudflats to woodland footpaths, all in a single walk.
Eating and Drinking Out: With Pantiles being such a short distance from the high street, you really are spoilt for choice when it comes to options for dining out; Aldeburgh offers a variety of pubs, restaurants and tearooms to choose from. The White Lion Hotel has sea views and a traditional menu and Prezzo provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for all ages. For slightly more formal dining try Regatta or The Lighthouse. However, no trip to Suffolk could be complete without trying the town?s world-class fish and chips: there are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street, both with a fantastic reputation... you may have to queue at busy lunchtime periods but it will be well worth the wait.
Self Catering: Aldeburgh has two Co-op stores with one situated on the High Street. Several shops sell top quality local produce - Lawsons delicatessen is a must as is Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on Aldeburgh beach. With an Independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is also only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
- Sleeps 5
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
Pantiles is a single storey detached cottage with loft conversion (available in September)
- Two steps lead up to the porch where there are pegs for coats and jackets and a large shoe and boot store
- The hall has stripped wood flooring and doors to:
- Sitting room with L-shaped sofa, easy chairs, book case and books, TV with Freesat, DVD player and a selection of DVDs, occasional tables and lamps and a gas coal effect fire
- The master bedroom with super king sized bed, bedside drawer units, lamps radio, clock radio and iPod dock, large chest of drawers, wardrobe and door to: en-suite washroom with w.c., hand basin and heated towel rail
- A shower room with shower and heated towel rail
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The second sitting area with two armchairs, small TV with Freesat and CD player with radio and AUX cable. A book shelf contains a variety of cookery books. Wooden staircase with handrail leads to the loft bedroom, available in September.
- A door from the sitting area leads to a bedroom with full sized single bed, chest of drawers, small wardrobe and mirror.
- Twin bedroom with two full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe with storage and chest of drawers.
- Open plan Kitchen / diner which is fitted with gas hob and oven, fridge, freezer, wine chiller, washer/dryer, dishwasher, double sink, microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee machine.
- The dining area is complete with table and six chairs, sideboard and lamps. There are a selection of board games in the sideboard. Sliding doors open onto a small rear patio with table and two chairs.
Loft Bedroom coming in September
- Generous sized room with sloping ceilings on both sides, full sized single bed with pull out, bedside tables, easy chair and coffee table. Balcony style Velux windows extend the room further and glimpses of the sea can be seen to the left.
- En-suite bathroom with bath and hand held shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Pantiles has the advantage of off-street parking for one large or two medium sized cars
- There is a screened terrace with garden furniture, trees and pot plants
- A gated shingle path leads round to a small patio area at the rear with table and a couple of chairs
- Electricity and full central heating are included
- Bed linen and towels are included (please bring own beach towels). If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the cottage
- A limited broadband / wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
- Ye Olde Cross Keys - tel. 01728 452637
- The White Hart - tel. 01728 453205
- The Mill Inn - tel. 01728 452563. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal written by local author (and Cambridge graduate) Lucy Stone and illustrated by Jenny Duke (Cambridge School of Art), for the children (and parents or grandparents) to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 21st July 2017||£810.00|
|21st July 2017 - 18th August 2017||£990.00|
|18th August 2017 - 25th August 2017||£1,062.00|
|25th August 2017 - 1st September 2017||£990.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£810.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£710.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£810.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£630.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£1,200.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
Wonderful property - from equipment through to location. We would definitely stay there again.Phil B, London - 19th April 2015
We had a FANTASTIC time!! Fabulous place, so private, so clean, so many thoughtful touches in the bungalow... excellent! Thank you.Mrs S., Cambridge - 22nd July 2012