Situated on the sea front in the much loved coastal town of Aldeburgh, Top Flat occupies the Penthouse position at Clare House and enjoys stunning panoramic views of the sea from its private balcony and sitting room. Perfect for couples or families who want to be in the centre of it all with a holiday on the Suffolk coast.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
Alternatively, most of the major super markets will deliver to this address. For more ideas on places to visit and things to do, please see our information websites Visit Aldeburgh, Visit Orford and Visit Southwold.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
The penthouse flat at Clare House
- Accessed by three flights of stairs; the front door opens onto a small hallway with doors leading to the Kitchen, Living Room, Cabin and Bedroom beyond.
- Two steps down take you into the Kitchen with fully fitted units, circular table with 4 folding chairs, plenty of cupboard space, hoover, dishwasher, washing machine, kettle, 2 slice toaster, radio, electric oven with 4 ring electric hob and fridge/freezer. A door leads to a second hallway with doors to the Family Bathroom and Twin Bedroom.
- Family Bathroom with bath and hand held shower, w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail, small wall mounted bathroom cupboard and ceiling mounted hanging rail for beach towels.
- Twin Bedroom with full sized single beds, bedside lamps, chest of drawers, Roberts radio, WiFi router, writing desk and chair, a selection of books and board games, wardrobe with hanging and shelve space, iron, ironing board. A door leads out onto a small Juliet balcony with views over the Aldeburgh rooftops.
- 4 steps from the main hallway lead up into the 'Cabin' with a full sized single mattress taking up the majority of the room. This is the perfect area for children who may want a bit of space to read a book, have an afternoon nap or study.
- Sitting Room with round table and 4 folding chairs, floor lamp, Boang chair, easy chair, 2 seater wooden framed sofa, writing desk and chair, coffee table, flatscreen TV with DVD player and Sky+HD box, a selection of books and DVDs. A door leads out onto the balcony.
- The Balcony covers the whole length of Top Flat and enjoys panoramic views of the sea, beach, fish huts and surrounding buildings. A small table and 2 chairs make this the perfect place for a morning coffee.
- Double Bedroom with standard sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, books, occasional chair and sea views. A tilted mirror means you can enjoy see views when lying down on the bed!
- Shower Room with wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail and shower unit. There is a small step up into the shower.
- Central heating, bed linen and towels are included, please bring your own beach towels.
- Wi-fi service is provided, wi fi speeds in Aldeburgh can be slow. Excess use will be charged.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not smoke inside the property.
- There is no designated parking for Top Flat, Clare House. Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|18 Aug 17 - 25 Aug 17||£960|
|25 Aug 17 - 1 Sep 17||£891|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£702|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£681|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£702|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£681|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£891|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£891|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£700|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£720|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£700|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£750|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£720|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£970|
|1 Jun 18 - 15 Jun 18||£750|
|15 Jun 18 - 22 Jun 18||£890|
|22 Jun 18 - 13 Jul 18||£750|
|13 Jul 18 - 20 Jul 18||£890|
|20 Jul 18 - 7 Sep 18||£970|
|7 Sep 18 - 14 Sep 18||£890|
|14 Sep 18 - 21 Sep 18||£750|
|21 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£720|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£750|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£700|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£970|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
Great holiday, made by a fantastic location. Flat has great facilities and even better views! April 2017 - 3rd August 2017
Relaxing stay at Top Flat. Aldeburgh a lovely town, super shops. View and sound of the sea a real pleasure. Walks on the beach, trips to Southwold and Snape, all in all a great holiday. Thank you. June 2017 - 3rd August 2017
Beach and Sea on tap! Uber relaxing. Flat a little haven, Thanks. June 2017 - 3rd August 2017
Great Stay. Fantastic views. Look forward to return visit. Very comfortable flat. April 2017 - 3rd August 2017
A lovely place to stay. The sight and sound of the sea - the balcony - perfect!A previous customer - 27th July 2016
Thank you for a lovely stay in Aldeburgh. Top Flat is so comfortable and has lovely views.A previous customer - 8th July 2016
A delightful place to stay. Loved all the artwork... felt very attractive and comfortable. Had a great week.A previous customer - 24th June 2016