DescriptionA lovely position, beyond the High Street shops, this cottage is just a stone's throw from the beach and a minute's walk from the sailing club at Slaughden. Bright and sunny cottage, delightfully extended to create a second ground floor sitting room and master bedroom with balcony. Lots of space to spread.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km) ORFORD 12 miles (17 km) WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km) SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
The Property: A traditional fisherman's cottage at the south end of Aldeburgh High Street, transformed to include a second spacious sitting room with French windows to the west facing walled garden.
The ground floor is tiled throughout, making it easy for little ones padding back from the beach. Rugs in the sitting rooms ensure the cottage still feels cosy. There are TVs in both sitting rooms and the kitchen so no need for arguments about which channel to watch. The kitchen has been completed with state of the art kitchen appliances so will suit keen cooks.
The first floor has been totally reconfigured to create both a bathroom and separate cloakroom as well as three lovely bedrooms. A great property for all the family.
Grounds: A west facing garden, re-landscaped to create a comfortable sitting area with table and chairs bordered by shrubs, herbs and cottage planting. Walled, it is both private and secure for little ones. A gate leads to a rear path so cyclists can bring their bikes round for safe storage.
Parking: There is on-street parking outside the cottage. Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
Sleeps 6 in 1 King, 1 twin and a bunk bedded room
Minimum Hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Changeover is usually a Friday. Long weekends and midweek breaks available, except from early July until the end of August, and the Christmas and New Year period.
The Property is ideal for: Anyone from a couple to a family with youngsters. The two sitting rooms means that there is always quiet space even when others are watching TV or playing a noisy game. Seconds from the beach and just a couple of minutes walk from the sailing and yacht clubs at Slaughden and Aldeburgh tennis courts the cottage will really appeal to summer visitors. There are golf clubs at both Aldeburgh and Thorpeness (1.5 miles) and the saltings and marshes are home to thousands of birds including some quite rare ground nesters. Walkers will delight in the choice of coastal and heathland footpaths and there are lots of lovely, relatively flat cycle paths. Little ones will love sailing their model boats on the boating lake, crabbing at the quay, or canoeing, rowing or sailing at Thorpeness Meare.
Family Holidays: All hardware such as highchair, travel cot, baby bath and stairgate are supplied for your use at 207 High Street. The garden is walled and with the beach on your doorstep there is plenty of space for all the family.
Entertainment: Large flatscreen TV, DVD player and music centre. There is a variety of DVDs and CDs for you to enjoy, as well as a wide selection of books for all ages.
Packing tips: Wellingtons and walking boots will be very useful so you can have a good old stomp along the coast without ruining your best shoes! Do remember beach towels, fishing nets, crabbing lines and fuel for the BBQ.
Eating and drinking: For full details of pubs and restaurants please click on the following links - restaurants and pubs.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Sitting room with sofa and chairs, sideboard with games, occasional tables and lamps, corner cupboard and flat screen TV with DVD
- The dining area adjoins the kitchen. A square table with lovely old church pews and dining chairs seating 6 very comfortably
- Kitchen - galley style; the kitchen is situated between the dining room and the rear sitting room. Fully fitted there is a large American style, fridge freezer, both full height with water and ice facility, 5 ring gas hob and oven, fitted microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere. Lots of kitchen equipment for keen cooks.
- There is a utility cupboard with washing machine / tumble dryer
- Rear sitting room with sofa and easy chairs, occasional tables and lamps, large flat screen TV with freeview, DVD French doors opening onto the rear garden
- Tiled throughout, there is underfloor central heating and rugs in the two sitting rooms
A staircase with hand rail leads to the 1st floor
- Twin bedded room with 2 full sized single beds, bedside cabinets and lamps, fitted wardrobe with hanging space and shelves, TV, travel cot and iron/ironing board, wall mirror
- A bunk bedroom with 2 full sized bunk beds, chest of drawers, coat stand and wall mirror
- Family shower room with large walk in shower with fixed and handheld heads, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Separate cloakroom with wash basin and w.c. and heated towel rail
- Master bedroom with king sized double bed and bedside cabinets, and lamps, built in cupboards and dressing table, flat screen TV, French doors overlooking the rear garden. The balcony is not accessible (a waist high screen is in place to protect small children).
- The rear garden is walled and quite private. There is a table and chairs, flower and herb borders and shrubs. A lockable gate leads to a footpath - shared with neighbours - which leads to the High Street
- There is central heating throughout - underfloor heating throughout the ground floor.
- Bed linen and towels are provided. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it. Please bring your own beach towels.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the Cottage
- A limited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- There is parking outside 207 High Street, however this is limited to 2 hours. Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
All great thank you. Parking permit information was valuable. Aldeburgh is great for art and galleries and that isn't on the list of attractions. We loved staying there it is so convenient and the facilities cleanliness decor were all just right and as I expected them to be. Thanks.Mrs SR Cousins - 8th August 2017
Loved the living area and garden. Excellent service from the management team.Mrs Christine Phillips - 2nd August 2017
Such a lovely holiday home, very relaxing. We had the best weather & have really enjoyed the town & all it has to offer!Tracey and Family - 11th August 2014
What a beautiful Cottage by the Sea! Thank you, we shall return!The Collins Family - 9th July 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.