DescriptionA beautifully refurbished, late Victorian bay fronted house situated just a few feet from the famous town steps that lead down to the High Street. Deceptively spacious with wonderfully bright and airy rooms throughout.
SNAPE MALTINGS 5.5 miles (9 km), ORFORD 11.5 miles (18.5 km), RSPB MINSMERE 11 miles (17.5 km), SOUTHWOLD 18 miles (29 km)
Style: Light and bright with a distinct 'seaside' character, 21 Park Lane is warm and welcoming and beautifully furnished.
The Property: 21 Park Lane is a delightful house, situated just a couple of minutes' walk from Aldeburgh's High Street and beach. From the hallway, which leads through to the kitchen, and cloakroom, there are doors to the sitting room where you can relax on the sofas, or spend cosy evenings by the fire. On the first floor, the master bedroom is located at the front of the property. It boasts large sash windows from which you can look down towards the high street, and has a spacious and beautifully tiled ensuite bathroom. To the rear of the property is the second double, with kingsize bed. The window has views over the garden and also toward the church. Also overlooking the garden is the large bathroom, with bath, pan-head shower, basin and WC. Continue up to the second floor to find the twin room - a perfect space for rest and play!
Sleeps: Six, in 2 doubles with king-size beds, and one twin room.
Ideal for: Families or friends looking for a lovely house close to all that this delightful seaside town has to offer - car not required!
Out and About: Aldeburgh High Street, with its wealth of independent shops, boutiques and good selection of restaurants, can be reached within a couple of minutes walk from Park Lane - simply head down the famous town steps! Head south down the High Street and you'll find yourself on the broad expanse of marshes with views across the Alde River or, if a day on the water appeals, take a trip with Aldeburgh River Trips to explore this delightful estuary. If you fancy a walk to Snape, with its good selection of pubs, cafes and of course Snape Maltings, then follow The Sailor's Path - a stunning 12 mile round trip! The Maltings are famous for hosting concerts, events and exhibitions almost year-round, highlights of the year being the Aldeburgh Festival in late Spring, and the Snape Proms in the Summer.
Head from the beach to the picturesque holiday village of Thorpeness. The beautiful Thorpeness Meare is a beautiful forty-acre lake on which you can partake in some rowing or punting. No more than three feet deep, the islands are all themed around Peter Pan - perfect for adventures and vivid imaginations!
A 30 minute drive up the coast takes you to Southwold; complete with it's quirky pier and good selection of shops and restaurants, and the added bonus of a beautiful sandy beach. There is also a footbridge, or footferry, across the River Blyth to the picturesque village of Walberswick. A beautiful village, oozing character and complete with beach, sandy dunes and beach huts. For those nature lovers, simply head to Dunwich Heath and the RSPB reserve at Minsmere ? home of Red Deer, and an immense variety of birdlife including Marsh Harrier, Avocet, and Bittern.
Eating and Drinking: Aldeburgh has some great restaurants; The Regatta and The Lighthouse are both very popular for lunches and supper - both offer freshly cooked, locally supplied produce. Prezzo is a good option for eating at any time of the day, and the caf? in Aldeburgh Market on the High Street. Munchies, Cragg Sisters Tea Room, and the Choppings Hill Bakery & Tea Room offer both eat in or take away. Last but not least are the world-renowned fish and chips, available from two shops on the High Street. A year round winner, you may have to queue , but they are worth the wait!
Self Catering: Along with the usual Co-op, Lawsons is an award-winning deli, and the Aldeburgh Market are very good (it's not really a market but a shop and café). Staying at 21 Park Lane, you are a few minutes' walk from the fresh fish sheds on the beach, where you can choose from the daily catch. There are several good farm shops nearby, Friday Street Farm Shop on the A1094 just off the A12 and The Farm Cafe and Food Market on the A12 at Marlesford. There is also a great deli and tea room at Snape Maltings where you can also buy Pump Street Bakery bread and cakes from Orford.
For more information on places to eat and things to do in the area, please take a look at our website Visit Aldeburgh.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door opens directly into the hallway, where there is plenty of space to hang coats or store shoes.
- The sitting room has a 3 seater sofa 2 armchairs, 2 occasional chairs & lamps. There is a log burner and basket of logs, and a bookcase with games and books. There is also a TV with Freeview & a Wifi hub.
- The kitchen is fully fitted and has all the amenities that you might require, electric double oven with extractor, gas hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, and washing machine.
- Round table with seating for 6, and views to the garden.
- Ahead of you at the top of the stairs is the second double bedroom, with king size 5'6" bed. There is a small built in wardrobe and a chest of drawers, a chair and lovely views to the garden and church.
- The super family bathroom is beautifully light and bright. There is a bath with overhead shower, a hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- The master bedroom, at the front of the property has a kingsize bed, a chest of drawers, a wardrobe and a window seat. Leading from this room is the en suite which has a large walk in shower, a hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- The twin room has two single white, wooden beds, 2 chests of drawers and if required and additional futon bed suitable for a child of up to 5 years.
- There is a lovely enclosed garden to the rear of the property with table and chairs, and a charcoal BBQ.
- There is a shed in the garden for your use, ideal for bike storage.
- Central heating, bed linen and towels are included. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the house
- Wi fi is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- There is on street parking along Park Lane.
Perfect location for enjoying Aldeburgh. House was very comfortable & warm, a real home from home.Mrs Kay Eardley - 7th December 2017
The ambiance and comfort of a very well equipped property.Nick M, Essex - 18th September 2015
We had a wonderful time and can't recommend 21 Park Lane highly enough.A previous customer - 20th April 2015
The house was amazing - it was immaculate and had been very well described on the website. The location, the layout, the welcome treats were all perfect for our group.Sonia M, Suffolk - 12th April 2015
The house was spacious, warm and comfortable, and beautifully equipped.Kate G-S, Suffolk - 22nd March 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.