Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 4 people, using 2 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFWBB4.
A delightful barn conversion with access to both a shared heated swimming pool and tennis court, Wheat Barn, Bawdsey is the perfect retreat for families year round. Set amidst acres of beautiful countryside on the northern banks of the River Deben, Wheat Barn has ground floor facilities and an enclosed garden; bring the dog too and make the most of the surrounding walks along the Suffolk coast and countryside.
WOODBRIDGE 11 miles (17.5 km), ALDEBURGH 26 miles (42 km), SNAPE 14 miles (22.5 km), SOUTHWOLD 35 miles (56 km)
This Suffolk Cottage Holiday Property: Wheat Barn is one of several barn conversions integrated with some old farm buildings, recently developed as stunning holiday cottages to make the very most of their superb surroundings, including panoramic views over the Deben estuary and the surrounding Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. A modern yet homely barn conversion, Wheat Barn has a spacious feel with a generous living area featuring a log burning stove, 3 ground floor bedrooms (one en-suite) and master bedroom on the first floor. Sliding French doors give light and views out into the walled garden area, perfect for exploring dogs and children.
For families, a range of general interest books and DVD's are provided, as well as plastic cups for little ones.
The Grounds: A long private drive leads through the countryside surrounding Wheat Barn. There is a myriad of footpaths, one of which leads down to the River Fleet where there is a choice of discreet picnic tables. Loads of private land for biking, tree climbing and den building. And of course holidaymakers staying at Wheat Barn will have use of the shared outdoor swimming pool with changing rooms and showers (pool heated to 28 degrees from April/May through to September/October, depending on the weather) and the loungers - you will want to relax after that vigorous swim. If you still have energy left you can play a game of tennis on the hard tennis court.
Parking: There is parking for 2 cars outside the property.
This Property is ideal for: Families, or friends wanting to explore the glorious countryside; the area has something to offer everyone; sailors, walkers, fishermen, cyclists, birdwatchers, music and art lovers, those interested in history and food, or simply anyone wanting to relax! Just a mile from Bawdsey Quay where the Deben Estuary meets the sea, breathtakingly beautiful, is a darling sandy beach, great for young children, and a sailing school which runs courses throughout the summer holidays.
If you like boats but strictly as a passenger you will love the foot ferry which sails back and forth across the Deben to Felixstowe Ferry. In the other direction is Sutton Hoo, burial ground of the first Saxon king and a couple of miles further on Woodbridge. Follow the coast road in the other direction and you will find yourself in Orford.
Self-catering eating and drinking: For local produce and some excellent homemade take away visit the village shop at Alderton just a half mile down the road. The Swan Pub is just across the road where you can purchase Indian curry - the real thing - to eat in or take away.
At Bawdsey Quay you will find The Boathouse Caf? - great cakes, light lunches and in the summer early supers. Take the foot ferry across the Deben and you will find an excellent fresh fish shed on the beach, an ice cream stall and another riverside cafe which sells good fish and chips. Just a few yards from the quay is The Ferry Inn for fine ales and meals.
For more information about the area, visit our sister site Visit Woodbridge.
- Hot tub
- Sleeps 8
- Swimming pool
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 1.2 miles
- Nearest pub 1.2 miles
- 2.7 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Entrance hall with space for leaving shoes, wellies and umbrellas. Doors lead off to the Utility Room, Double Bedroom and Living Area.
- Utility room with fully fitted units, butler sink, plenty of cupboard space, boiler, mop and bucket, washing machine/dryer, clothes airer, broom, iron and ironing board. Hooks to hang coats and belongs.
- Double Bedroom with full sized antique style double bed, bedside chests and lights, full length free-standing mirror, wardrobe with hanging space and exposed beams. A door leads to the En-suite with w.c., wash hand basin, bath with overhead shower and heated towel rail.
- Open plan living area with plenty of exposed wooden beams and high ceilings giving a spacious feel. Sliding French doors open out into the walled garden and add a cool breeze in the summer. Kitchen area with fully fitted country-style kitchen with fridge, freezer, Rangemaster oven with 5 ring hob, 3 slice toaster, kettle, microwave, dishwasher, cafetiere and Roberts radio. Dining table with seating for 8. Sitting area with feature fireplace with log burning stove, flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player, iPod dock (with AUX cable), 2 sofas, 2 easy chairs and occasional tables. A selection of general interest books and DVDs are provided. A door leads to the second hall way and stairs.
- Second hall way with doors leading to the Twin Bedrooms and Family Bathroom. Wide easy staircase bending to the right with hand rail leading to the Master Bedroom.
- Twin Bedroom with full sized single beds, chest of drawers, bedside lamps, floor mirror, exposed beams.
- Second Twin Bedroom with full sized single beds with antique style frames, chest, side lamp, mirror and chest of drawers. Exposed beams.
- Family Bathroom with wash hand basin, w.c., heated towel rail and claw foot bath with hand held shower.
- Shower room with heated towel rail, w.c., wash hand basin, bathroom cabinet and double width shower.
- Master Bedroom with full sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, hairdryer, full length free-standing mirror, occasional chairs, built in double wardrobe with hanging and shelving space.
- Private walled garden with some border planting and patio area. Guests are welcome to bring disposable BBQs but please clean away after use. Garden furniture is provided in the summer months.
- Shared swimming pool heated to 28 degrees from April/May - September/October. Please note that children under 14 must be supervised. Outside shower facility and seating.
- Shared full sized hard tennis court. Guests are welcome to use the tennis rackets and balls at Wheat Barn.
- Off-street parking for two cars in a designated parking space.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach and pool towels.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not smoke inside the property.
- Oil central heating throughout. Logs for the fire are provided.
- A limited WiFi connection is provided. This may be slightly slower than what you are used to and should not be relied on for work purposes or for the downloading of films.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 21st July 2017||£1,011.00|
|21st July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£1,461.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£1,011.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£654.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£1,011.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£654.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£1,461.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
We've had a a great time celebrating a 'significant' birthday in these fantastic surroundings. All the family, from the youngest to the oldest, have really enjoyed their stay here. Highly recommended. Thank you very much!The Wards - 18th July 2015
Thanks for a wonderful stay. The birdlife was very exciting, we saw Barn Owl, Little Owls and five Signets in the river.The Robinsons - 12th April 2014