A superb rural location, Acorn Barn enjoys outstanding views in every direction. A very spacious property for two, the barn is within a short walk of the world famous Snape Maltings Concert Hall. Acorn Barn is a delightful self-catering property for couples seeking comfort, seclusion and space. Perfect for artists, musicians, landscape photographers, bird watchers or those simply wanting to relax and enjoy the painterly countryside of this wonderful Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
SNAPE 1.5 miles (2 km), ALDEBURGH 7.5 miles (12 km), WOODBRIDGE 10 miles (16 km)
About this property: This Suffolk Holiday Cottage is set in a superb rural location just half a mile from the charming hamlet of Blaxhall and an easy 20 minute walk from Snape Maltings with its world famous concert hall. Aldeburgh and the Suffolk coast is 15 minutes by car. A traditional barn conversion, Acorn Barn has been sensitively refurbished to provide top quality accommodation for two people with the advantage of both a ground floor sitting room and large first floor library/reading room.
Beautifully lit, Acorn Barn is east-west facing with French doors leading from the sitting room to the patio. A Juliet balcony enjoys outstanding views towards Snape Church and The Maltings from the double bedroom above - just wonderful! The perfect holiday property from which to enjoy Suffolk's stunning sun rises and sunsets, the barn includes all the comforts of contemporary living. With a lovely wood burning stove in the comfortable sitting room and a newly fitted kitchen, you will never be short of living space.
The surrounding area: Acorn Barn is less than half a mile from Blaxhall's super and very friendly village pub, The Ship Inn, where you can enjoy good food, beer and a game of darts. The Ship Inn is well known for its excellent music nights featuring everything from jazz to traditional Suffolk folk songs.
There are a number of fine restaurants in the area, and there is excellent bird watching to be had at Orford and Minsmere. Dunwich, Framlingham and Sutton Hoo are musts for the history lover, and Southwold has some fascinating shops, a great beach and the Adnams Brewery to see.
For more information on the area please look at our own online guide, Visit Snape.
- Sleeps 2
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 1.6 miles
- Nearest pub 1.6 miles
- 7.2 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- One step leads up to the front door which opens onto the fully fitted and well equipped kitchen area with an electric cooker, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, Magimix Nespresso Coffee Machine and microwave. There is plentiful worktop space. The fridge has a small icebox.
- An open plan living and dining room with comfortable sofas, chairs and flat screen TV and DVD player. In the corner of the room is wood burning stove. There is also a Pure music radio with iPod dock. The extendable dining table sits beside the window from where there are views over the garden.
- Large sliding doors open onto a patio with beautiful countryside views.
- The bathroom is opposite the stairs and includes a bath with shower, w.c. and wash basin.
The first floor
- Double bedroom with gorgeous views of the Suffolk countryside, shelves of books, bedside tables and lamps, large built in wardrobe and chest of drawers. There is also a fan for the hot summer nights. There is a Juliet balcony with views over the river valley to Snape Maltings - enjoy with the telescope!
- To the west side of the barn is a large and spacious second sitting room, with desk, chair, digital TV and cushioned bed (please do let us know at time of booking if you want this made up) - perfect for relaxing in the evening or writing. There is ample space for music practice should musicians be considering a visit.
- A cloakroom with wash basin and w.c.
- French doors open from the sitting room on to the patio at the back of Acorn Barn where there is a table and chairs and BBQ, an ideal spot to enjoy breakfast as well as the evening in the summer months.
- Beyond the patio is a spacious garden (unfenced) shared by the main house. Holidaymakers are more than welcome to help themselves to fruit and herbs growing in the garden - dependant on season, of course.
- There is parking for two cars in the drive to the right of the barn.
- Acorn Barn is heated by electric heating. A starter pack of logs is provided for the log burning stove.
- Discover more about the history of the area, its dialect and way of life from the selection of local books in the upstairs sitting room. Binoculars are provided to watch the superb selection of garden, heathland and coastal birds. Owls and woodpeckers are a common sight whilst marsh harriers wheel overhead.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|A||21st April 2017 - 4th May 2017||£510.00|
|B||5th May 2017 - 25th May 2017||£591.00|
|C||26th May 2017 - 1st June 2017||£690.00|
|B||2nd June 2017 - 20th July 2017||£591.00|
|C||21st July 2017 - 31st August 2017||£690.00|
|B||1st September 2017 - 28th September 2017||£591.00|
|A||29th September 2017 - 19th October 2017||£510.00|
|B||20th October 2017 - 26th October 2017||£591.00|
|A||27th October 2017 - 21st December 2017||£510.00|
|C||22nd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£690.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
We have enjoyed our stay - thank you. Loved Acorn Barn and the surrounding countryside. We hope to visit again.A previous customer - 24th September 2016
We found the whole week very relaxing. The barn is an ideal place for a couple plus dog. The kitchen area is very well equipped as we eat in most nights and we walked and had lunch some dates. The Crown at Snape is worth the 5 minute extra walk from the Maltings for good food.A previous customer - 17th September 2016