10 Reasons Why We Love Woodbridge Thoroughfare
Published: Wednesday 19th Sep 2018
Written by: Aimee Anderson
We are so excited to announce that our beloved Woodbridge Thoroughfare has been shortlisted for The Great British High Street Awards 2018!
Woodbridge is an attractive and historic riverside town. The town’s unique centre has retained all its charm and character which is defined by the architecture and historical interest. The Thoroughfare is right at the heart of the town and is bursting at the seams with local businesses, independent shops, cafes and restaurants. If you love Woodbridge place your vote by using the hashtags #GBHSWoodbridge and #MYHIGHSTREET on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
If you haven't quite made your mind up, check out our Top 10 Reasons Why We Love Woodbridge Thoroughfare below:
- Filled with a variety of excellent local shops, The Thoroughfare is a shopaholic's dream! Our favourite is The Happiness Store with a delightful selection of homeware and cards.
- Situated just a few minutes walk from the River Deben - once you've finished shopping take a stroll down to the river and enjoy the views.
- Many of the shops and cafes are dog-friendly including Honey + Harvey meaning you can bring your four-legged friends along to.
- Fantastic selection of excellent cafes and restaurants as well as award-winning bakery The Cake Shop.
- Not restricted to daytime visits, many of the cafes and restaurants along the Thoroughfare also offer excellent evening cocktails menus and live music events including The Firestation.
- Being pedestrianised 10am-4pm makes it a safe place to visit and spend the day.
- Unlike some high streets The Thoroughfare is extremely attractive with lots of historical buildings and period features to admire.
- Whether you love the festive season or loathe it, The Thoroughfare is a truly magical place at Christmas time with carol singers and delightful decorations.
- Woodbridge is known as being fashion forward and The Thoroughfare is home to a number of indendent clothing shops including Laura Jane Boutique right at the end.
- With many visitors and locals walking through The Thoroughfare every day there is always a friendly face to be seen!