Head Down To The Farm
Published: Monday 8th Jan 2018
Written by: Aimee Anderson
We have a number of properties of our portfolio that are located on a farm, offering holidaymakers a unique opportunity to experience traditional rural life. Ideal for families or groups of friends who want to get away from the fast-paced urban life and completely unwind and relax with idyllic countryside views.
With these properties ideally located in the heart of the Suffolk you will never be too far away from all the wealth of attractions that Suffolk has to offer. Perfect for a Half Term break with the children or even a Summer escape. Find out more about our farm properties below:
- NEW Grove House Farm Cottage - Sleeps 4 In the heart of the Suffolk countryside is the newly refurbished Grove House Farm Cottage which was formerly the groomsman's cottage. Situated close to the market town of Halesworth, Grove House Farm Cottage is on the same site as a working livery yard, but is totally private apart from the distant clip-clop of horses hooves. With a separate garden you can rest assured that you will fully re-charge your batteries in this picturesque part of the county.
- Brights Farm Lodge - Sleeps 7 A spacious and well equipped self catering holiday cottage set on a hill amongs a 250 acre working organic farm where the cattle are rounded up on horse back. The farm has over 12 miles of footpaths including a Special Area of Conservation, meadows, ancient woodland and a series of natural ponds. An array of wildlife including red deer, hare, dragonflies and great crested newts can also be found amongst the grounds of the farm. With a herd of 100 Aberdeen Angus cattle and a herd of working horses a holiday here will be one you won't forget! Bramfield village is a small and attractive village surrounded by open countryside, but is close to the coastal town of Southwold and the market of Halesworth.
- The Owls at Oxley Dairy - Sleeps up to 10 Sea views to one side, marshland grazing to the other. The Owls is made up of two individual properties, Little Owl (sleeps 4) and Barn Owl (sleeps 6), which can be booked separately or together. These contemporary cottages are perfect for walkers, cyclists, birdwatchers and anyone who enjoys the rugged, natural environment of the Suffolk coast. Situated on a small rise looking out over the beach at Shingle Street, both properties have been completely reconfigured from old farm barns and transformed into stunning self-catering accommodation with exceptional views over the farm fields (where sheep and ponies graze) and to the sea over the Ore estuary. Complete with all the mod cons you get the perfect mix of countryside and comfort at The Owls.
- Shepherds Watch - Sleeps 6 This lovely self-catering cottage is set amidst attractive meadows of a rare breed farm in the heart of the Suffolk countryside. This centuries-old cottage started life as a cart shed and retains a wealth of original features. Set in a beautiful and remote corner of Suffolk on a 600 acre farm with pedigree Southdown sheep, a small herd of Irish Moiled cattle, hens and guinea fowl. A great opportunity for children to experience life on the farm - get involved with collecting freshly laid eggs from the chickens and bottle feeding calves and lambs!
- Bridge Farm Barns - Sleeps up to 14 Made up of two adjoining properties this self-catering property is ideal for several families or a group of friends who might want to eat together but have some quieter down time. Set in the midst of some of the most attractive rolling countryside in Suffolk, these wonderful barns provide the perfect setting for holidaying families and adult groups. With an outdoor heated swimming pool, a fishing lake, children's play field with and acres of meadow land in which to relax and walk. Beyond the yard are acres of beautiful meadows, a superb fishing lake and beyond that acres of paddocks where sheep and cattle graze. With the River Brett, Semer's ancient woods and the delightful little village of Kersey are all within a short walk, this truly is paradise!