- £720 per week
- £103 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- 2 double beds
- 1 WC
- Open fire or woodburner
- Countryside views
- Washing machine
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4.00pm
- Check out: 10.00 am
This traditional self catering holiday cottage is a rural retreat, close to Lavenham with country style interiors, pretty garden and parking.
Rowhedge is a former farm workers property which has been transformed into a charming self catering holiday home in Alpheton. Accommodation is over two floors, packed with character with two pretty bedrooms sleeping four guests, a country style kitchen and a cosy sitting room with a wood burning stove and French doors onto the garden. This dog friendly cottage is a great option for a rural family holiday in Suffolk, close to local farm shops for stocking up on supplies and Long Melford. Get out and about and explore the local wool towns, Constable Country and the Stour Valley. The cottage is in a quiet rural location, but close enough to villages with pubs and restaurants. Long Melford is within walking distance across fields, be sure to stop off at The Hare pub, a dog friendly venue with great food!
So if you’re planning a family holiday or a get away with a couple of friends, this is the place to switch off and explore the beautiful Suffolk countryside. Discover nearby pubs and restaurants in Long Melford and Lavenham and stride along well trod footpaths… there’s plenty to see and do.
Rowhedge Farm Cottage is just a short drive away from the wedding venues - Alpheton Hall Barns, Kentwell Hall, Moreves Barn and Boxted Hall, perfect for guests.
Shops and pubs in Long Melford and Lavenham
Why we love this property… a charming cottage in a rural location, the perfect escape whatever the season. Relax by the woodburner in the winter or dine alfresco in the sunshine. Enjoy!.
- Kitchen: table and 4 chairs, washing machine, dishwasher, electric oven with grill, 4 ring hob, fridge, freezer, microwave. Pantry with coat hooks.
- Cloakroom: wash hand basin, WC.
- Sitting room: sofa, rattan chair, armchair, TV with DVD player, bookcase with books, wood burning stove with starter pack of wood. French doors to garden.
- Family bathroom: WC, wash hand basin, bath with overhead shower. Countryside views.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside units and lamps, chest, fitted wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: double bed, bedside unit and lamp, wardrobe.
- Outside: large, unfenced garden for guests use, table and 4 chairs, charcoal barbeque. Unfenced pond.
- Parking: off-street parking for 2-3 cars behind Rowhedge Farm Cottage.
- Sleeps: 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome. Please do not leave dogs unattended in the garden, it backs onto a farm track.
- Horses: guests can take one horse by prior arrangement. Please enquire when booking.
- Heating: central heating.
- Notes: No WiFi but good 3G connection. Bed linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. Hairdryers supplied. Staircase has no handrail. Parents are requested to keep children away from barns and the unfenced garden pond. Rowhedge Farm Cottage is situated on a working, arable farm. There may be occasional farm traffic. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
- The front door opens unto a tiled hallway.
- Fully fitted, country style kitchen with plenty of utensils and cooking equipment. Table and chairs for 4, washing machine, 4 slice toaster, kettle, cafetiere, dishwasher, electric oven with grill, 4 ring hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, radio and a selection of cookery books. A door opens onto a small pantry with coat hooks, clothes airer, hoover, mop/bucket and broom.
- Cloakroom with w.c., basin, coat hooks and umbrella.
- Sitting room with 3 seat sofa, rattan chair, armchair, coffee tables, lamps, TV with DVD player, bookcase with books, log burning stove with a starter pack of wood, selection of DVD's and boardgames. Sliding french doors open onto the garden.
- A wide, straight staircase with 13 steps (no handrail) leads to the first floor landing.
- Family bathroom with w.c., basin, bath with overhead shower. Views of the the countryside in the distance from the window.
- Master Bedroom with Double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, chest of drawers, 2 rattan occasional chairs, hairdryer and 2 generous fitted wardrobe. Views of the front garden from the window.
- Bedroom 2 with Double bed, bedside drawer unit and lamp, hairdryer, occasional chair, wardrobe with hanging and drawer space.
- A large, unfenced garden is available to guests. Holidaymakers are kindly requested to not leave dogs unattended at any time as it does open onto the farm track.
- Seating area with table and chairs for four. There is also a charcoal barbecue.
- Open, unfenced pond to the right of the cottage. The owner is happy for holidaymakers to fish in the pond - but is not sure what (if any) fish live there.
- Central heating is included.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in Rowhedge Farm Cottage.
- Off street parking for 2-3 cars.
- One horse is also permitted - for more information, please email email@example.com
Welcoming owners ,cottage in beautiful tranquil surrounding central for visiting this historic part of Suffolk. Very well equipped, and clean.
Spacious, warm, clean. Amy and husband were very friendly and helpful