- £520 per week
- £74 per night
- 3 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 1 single bed
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
Pilgrims is a sweet Suffolk holiday cottage so perfect for exploring the delights of Lavenham and the surrounding county. Opposite the building famed for its role as 'Godric's Hollow' in the 'Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows' film you really do get a sense of Lavenham's charm without having to step out of the door. To the rear of the property is a relaxing cottage garden with plenty of attractive plant life to enjoy. The seating area to the top of the garden makes the perfect place for a morning cuppa whilst you plan your day's adventures. For those who wish to discover the area by foot, there are plenty of footpaths to enjoy - if you're not feeling as energetic, then Lavenham itself is teeming with plenty of independent shops and eateries - you won't be bored!
Why we Love this property: Pilgrims really does have such a welcoming feel as soon as you enter the door. So perfect for walkers, photographers or those looking to get away from the busy life of the city.
Room by room Overview
Living Area: Good sized room with two sofas, coffee table, TV, DVD player, CD player and coal effect fire.
Kitchen/Diner: L-shaped room with access to rear garden. Table and chairs for 4, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with freezer compartment, electric cooker and hob, microwave.
Bedroom 1: Spacious room with double bed, bedside table and lamps, armchair, chest of drawers, walk-in cupboard.
Bedroom 2: Single bed, bedside table and lamp, washbasin, chest of drawers and hanging space.
Bathroom: Bath with overhead shower, w.c., washbasin and heated towel rail.
Outside: Cottage garden with 2 seating areas and winding path.
Parking: On-street parking in front of the cottage.
Pets: Sorry, no pets allowed.
Heating: Gas fired central heating.
Notes: Wifi, linen and towels provided. Low beams in the ceilings
Lavenham is England's finest medieval village and is often regarded as the food capital of Suffolk. It is a wonderful place to visit with great restaurants and local pubs plus a super variety of interesting shops and galleries. Lavenham is a destination within itself with such proximity to the beautiful landscape of Constable Country, the historic market town of Bury St Edmunds and within easy reach of the Suffolk coast; Lavenham is an ideal place to stay for a break to explore Suffolk's countryside and coast.
- Entrance into sitting room with two sofas, coffee table, tv/dvd, coal effect electric fire and CD player
- Through to large fitted kitchen with dining area. Kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with freezer compartment, electric cooker, hob, microwave and table with 4 chairs. A stable door leads to cottage garden
- Cottage staircase with hand rail to bedrooms and bathroom
- Spacious double bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, armchair, chest of drawers, walk-in cupboard with hanging space and mirror and views of the magnificent 13th century priory
- Single bedroom with bedside table and lamp, washbasin and sitting area with views over the garden, chest of drawers and hanging space
- Bathroom with bath, shower screen and shower over the bath, w.c., wash basin and heated towel rail
- Gas fired central heating and hot water
- Garden with garden furniture
- Bedlinen and towels provided (not beach towels). If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Guests are asked not to smoke anywhere on the property please
- The Greyhound, Lavenham - 01787 247475. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- An unlimited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- Delightful cottage garden with 2 seating areas, table and chairs, and winding path to end of garden
- Parking: There is un-limited on-street parking outside the front of the cottage.
We had a delightful stay.
This is a very small cottage, two up two down. However for three of us it was adequate. In summer one can eat in the garden which was wonderful. I slept so very well. The kitchen, dining room is very well equipped. We didn’t miss anything. We had a great time exploring the area and the cottage was welcoming to return to. It is opposite Harry Potter’s birth place so we encountered several visitors taking photos of the old building opposite.
Lovely property in a gorgeous village. The little touches were much appreciated and we had a great time, thank you.