- £845 per week
- £121 per night
- 6 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- 2 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Swimming pool
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
A self catering holiday cottage in a farmland setting in the tiny hamlet of Semer, near Hadleigh, Suffolk. This utterly comfortable single storey barn conversion is the perfect holiday destination. A great holiday property for children, there are loads of games and outside sit-on toys. Surrounded by acres and acres of beautiful countryside, this is a wonderful area to explore on foot, or you might prefer to stay put and do some fishing in the lake or take a swim in the pool (available from second Bank Holiday in May through to the end of the first week in September).
HADLEIGH 3.5 miles, MONKS ELEIGH 3 miles, LAVENHAM 6.5 miles, LONG MELFORD 12 miles, IPSWICH 12.5 miles
The old tack room and stable block have been skilfully converted to form a charming single storey property. All living accommodation therefore is on the ground floor with one step into the property and one from the sitting room to the corridor leading to the bedrooms beyond.
Well it just gets better. There is an outdoor heated pool (shared with the Old Barn self-catering property next door - the two can be rented together for larger groups to form Bridge Farm Barns) and a very private gated garden leading out from the French windows in the sitting room. On a lovely farm, now mainly meadows, children can play in the old stable yard where there are lots of lovely sit-on toys.
There is a well stocked fishing lake and a wonderful wooden fort in the field beyond, large enough to be enjoyed by toddlers and teenagers. With acres and acres of meadowland to enjoy, woodland walks and footpaths over the hill to Kersey and beyond you might be tempted to leave the car in the drive.
This really is a stunningly pretty area, the delightful countryside with the winding River Brett close to the farm, is peppered by traditional and unspoilt villages and old market towns.
Parking: Plenty of off road parking for 2-3 cars
Sleeps: Sleeps 6 in 3 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedded room
Eating and Drinking:
A wonderful farmhouse kitchen with a beautiful Victorian scrubbed wooden preparation table and an excellent supply of kitchen equipment, large fridge and ample freezer space - cooking will be a real pleasure. Supplies of fresh local vegetables, free range meats etc., can be purchased near by at Hollow Trees Farm Shop where there is also an excellent cafe and farm walk for children.
The Bell in Kersey is a great traditional Suffolk pub in a picture postcard setting - good food and a really nice atmosphere. For a really smart meal try The Bildeston Crown or the The Great House, Lavenham.
Flat screen TV, DVD player and music centre.
There is an excellent choice of DVDs and CDs for you to enjoy, as well as a really wide selection of books and games for all ages.
Wellingtons and walking boots will be very useful so you can enjoy those beautiful countryside walks, a delight at any time of year. Bicycles if you enjoy cycling - the country lanes are not over-burdened by traffic. Young children will enjoy pedaling tricycles etc around the farmyard. Bring your fishing rod if you fancy some fishing and don't forget beach towels, fishing nets, crabbing lines as you can reach the Suffolk coast in around forty minutes. And of course your swimming costume!
For more information on the area, please visit our online guides, Visit Lavenham and Visit Constable Country
All accommodation is on the Ground Floor
- The front door opens into a really large open-plan kitchen/diner with a farmhouse dining table and 6 chairs, storage cupboard, pew bench and highchair. The kitchen has a tiled floor and an island unit in the middle of the room. There is a Rangemaster (calor gas) with 5 burners, oven and separate grill, loads of fitted cupboards, butler sink, larder, microwave, toaster, large fridge and dishwasher. There is also a radio and stereo
- Utility Room with washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink and freezer.
- Shower room with large walk in shower with seat area, wash basin, WC, storage shelves and radiator
- Double doors open from the dining room into the sitting room where there are two sofas, coffee table and lamps, a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD with double doors leading out to small patio area and garden with BBQ and round metal table and chairs
- A corridor leads from the sitting room to the bedrooms with a large bookcase with an excellent choice of books and toys
- Bedroom 1: A twin bedroom with full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Bedroom 2: A double bedroom with full sized double bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chair and shelf.
- Family bathroom with roll top bath with hand held shower, wash basin with a stool for children, heated towel rail, mirror with cupboard and shelf, w.c. and tower of three storage baskets.
- Bedroom 3: A double bedroom with king sized bed bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and coat hangers and mirror.
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair and stool and small electric heater.
- A gated private garden with terrace, grassed area and shrubs, barbecue and seating area
- French doors from the sitting room lead to the terrace and heated swimming pool and terrace
- Beyond the barn is a stable area, once home to National point and hunter chaser horses including several national champions, now one of the stables stores lots of outside toys for children. There is a raised pond and fountain in the middle of the yard
- There is a large, well stocked fishing lake where holidaymakers are welcome to fish
- The rest of the farm is made over to pasture and meadow land and visitors are welcome to roam the fields and follow the paths to the river
- There are stables available to bring your horses should you wish to hack in the surrounding area, please enquire at time of booking.
- Oil fired central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for swimming. All duvets (summer and winter) and pillows are fibre filled so suitable for those with allergies.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- The pool is heated from the end of the second May Bank Holiday through to the end of the first week in September (weather permitting)
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- There are full size wooden cots available. If using these, please provide your own bedding for them.
- The large rectangular pool (approx. 35' x 15') is heated between the second May Bank Holiday and the end of the first week in September (weather depending). It is kept at a very comfortable 25 - 30 C and the depth ranges from 3' in the shallow end to 8' in the deep end where there is a diving board. The old courtyard is very private and a wonderful suntrap. There are a number of sun loungers/chairs available for soaking up the rays. The pool is for the sole use of guests during their stay
We had a lovely stay. Facilities were good. Boys enjoyed the space and seeing the horses every day and plenty of safe space for the dog to play and run. Very spacious accommodation.