- £867 per week
- £124 per night
- 6 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Towels provided
- Open fire or woodburner
- Swimming pool
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Family friendly
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
This Suffolk self catering holiday cottage is perfect for all the family with a swimming pool, fishing lake and an exciting children’s climbing castle.
This former stable block and tack room has been beautifully converted to provide excellent holiday accommodation in Semer for family or friends. Single storey accommodation is well presented with four stylish bedrooms and a lovely sociable open plan living area, perfect for relaxing over dinner. French doors lead out onto the beautiful private gated garden, a lovely spot for dining alfresco. This is a great place for a family holiday with a fabulous children’s play area complete with a wooden fort in the field beyond, suitable for toddlers and teenagers alike. Guests of Stable Cottage can cast a line and fish in the well stocked lake, roam the fields and paths to the river… you can even stable your own horse in one of the outbuildings provided and enjoy Constable country from the saddle. With acres and acres of meadowland to enjoy, woodland walks and footpaths over the hill to Kersey and beyond you might be tempted to leave the car in the drive.
This really is a beautiful area of Suffolk; the delightful countryside with the winding River Brett close to the farm, is peppered by traditional and unspoilt villages and old market towns. Head into the village to stock up on local produce discover ancient market towns or drive to the beach at Aldeburgh.
Pub within walking distance. Village shops. Hadleigh 3.5 miles, Monks Eleigh 3 miles, Lavenham 6.5 miles, Long Melford 12 miles, Ipswich 12.5 miles
Why we love this property… it’s idyllic! Breakfast in the garden, take a dip in the pool, fish in the lake or head to the beach - perfect!
Accommodation all on ground level
- Open-plan kitchen/diner: farmhouse table and 6 chairs, storage cupboard, pew bench and highchair. Rangemaster (calor gas), oven,grill, butler sink, larder, microwave, large fridge and dishwasher.
- Utility room: washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink and freezer.
- Shower room: large walk in shower with seat area, wash hand basin, WC.
- Sitting room: two sofas, coffee table, wood burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD. Double doors to small patio area and garden.
- Bedroom 1: twin beds, bedside table, wardrobe and chair.
- Bedroom 2: double bed, bedside table, wardrobe, chair.
- Family bathroom: roll top bath with hand held shower, wash hand basin with a stool for children, heated towel rail, WC.
- Bedroom 3: king size bed, bedside cupboards, wardrobe.
- Bedroom 4: king size bed, bedside cupboards, wardrobe, chair.
- Outside: gated private garden with terrace, grassed area and shrubs, barbecue and seating area. French doors from the sitting room lead to heated swimming pool and terrace. SWIMMING POOL - (approx. 35' x 15') heated 25 - 30 C. between the second May Bank Holiday and the end of the first week in September (weather depending). Depth ranges from 3' shallow end to 8' deep end with diving board. The pool is for the sole use of guests during their stay. Stable area with toys and games.
- Parking: off road parking for 2-3 cars.
- Sleeps: 6 in 4 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: oil fired central heating throughout
- Notes: unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy, connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Linen and towels provided. Full size wooden cots available (please provide your own bedding.). No smoking. Stables available to bring your horses should you wish to hack in the surrounding area, please enquire at time of booking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
All accommodation is on the Ground Floor
- The front door opens into a really large open-plan kitchen/diner with a farmhouse dining table and 6 chairs, storage cupboard, pew bench and highchair. The kitchen has a tiled floor and an island unit in the middle of the room. There is a Rangemaster (calor gas) with 5 burners, oven and separate grill, loads of fitted cupboards, butler sink, larder, microwave, toaster, large fridge and dishwasher. There is also a radio and stereo
- Utility Room with washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink and freezer.
- Shower room with large walk in shower with seat area, wash basin, WC, storage shelves and radiator
- Double doors open from the dining room into the sitting room where there are two sofas, coffee table and lamps, a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD with double doors leading out to small patio area and garden with BBQ and round metal table and chairs
- A corridor leads from the sitting room to the bedrooms with a large bookcase with an excellent choice of books and toys
- Bedroom 1: A twin bedroom with full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Bedroom 2: A double bedroom with full sized double bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chair and shelf.
- Family bathroom with roll top bath with hand held shower, wash basin with a stool for children, heated towel rail, mirror with cupboard and shelf, w.c. and tower of three storage baskets.
- Bedroom 3: A double bedroom with king sized bed bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and coat hangers and mirror.
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair and stool and small electric heater.
- A gated private garden with terrace, grassed area and shrubs, barbecue and seating area
- French doors from the sitting room lead to the terrace and heated swimming pool and terrace
- Beyond the barn is a stable area, once home to National point and hunter chaser horses including several national champions, now one of the stables stores lots of outside toys for children. There is a raised pond and fountain in the middle of the yard
- There is a large, well stocked fishing lake where holidaymakers are welcome to fish
- The rest of the farm is made over to pasture and meadow land and visitors are welcome to roam the fields and follow the paths to the river
- There are stables available to bring your horses should you wish to hack in the surrounding area, please enquire at time of booking.
- Oil fired central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for swimming. All duvets (summer and winter) and pillows are fibre filled so suitable for those with allergies.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- The pool is heated from the end of the second May Bank Holiday through to the end of the first week in September (weather permitting)
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- There are full size wooden cots available. If using these, please provide your own bedding for them.
- The large rectangular pool (approx. 35' x 15') is heated between the second May Bank Holiday and the end of the first week in September (weather depending). It is kept at a very comfortable 25 - 30 C and the depth ranges from 3' in the shallow end to 8' in the deep end where there is a diving board. The old courtyard is very private and a wonderful suntrap. There are a number of sun loungers/chairs available for soaking up the rays. The pool is for the sole use of guests during their stay
We had a lovely stay. Facilities were good. Boys enjoyed the space and seeing the horses every day and plenty of safe space for the dog to play and run. Very spacious accommodation.