DescriptionA self-catering hideaway close to the Suffolk Coast, the Fox Inn Garden Room 2 is a charming pied a terre in the delightful little village of Darsham. Fox Inn Garden Room 2 is perfect for anyone exploring the Suffolk coast for the first time, being mid way between Aldeburgh and Southwold. Dunwich is also close by for a day's bird watching. At night you have the choice of eating in or popping next door to the Fox Inn Pub for a pint of Adnams and a hearty dinner.
WESTLETON 1 mile (1.5 km), DUNWICH 4 miles (6 km), ALDEBURGH 10 miles (16 km), SOUTHWOLD 12 miles (19 km)
About this property: Fox Inn Garden Room 2 is perfect for a short break - couples will love the cosy open plan bedroom/living room. There is also a kitchen area, ideal for cooking a full English Breakfast before exploring the coastal towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold, or taking a walk over the Dingle Marshes to Dunwich and RSPB Minsmere. Accommodation is all on the ground floor and the bathroom has a wet room shower making it ideal for anyone with some mobility limitations. Outside is a west facing deck overlooking the little garden - perfect for a glass of wine or an evening barbecue.
Parking: Off road parking for one car
This property is ideal for: A romantic weekend, or longer, for two. The property is also dog-friendly, so feel free to bring along your canine pal for some seaside fun if he or she is well behaved.
Self Catering: The Market towns of Beccles and Halesworth are a short drive away with a variety of independent stores, grocers and butchers. Market day in Halesworth is on a Wednesday and rural Suffolk is littered with farm shops so you won't need to travel far for great local produce. Wangford Farm Shop or Southwold Farmers Market are definitely worth visiting.
Thorpeness has a traditional village shop providing the community and holidaymakers with locally sourced fresh food. The shop stocks all the essentials, as well as a good selection of wine, local cheeses from the deli counter and local fudge from Olga.
Aldeburgh has two Co-op stores with one situated on the High Street. Several shops sell top quality local produce - Lawson's Delicatessen is a must as is Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on Aldeburgh beach. With an independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
Eating and Drinking out: Perhaps the most convenient aspect of this holiday home is that the Fox Inn is a mere stroll away; enjoy a traditional hearty Suffolk dinner with a pint of Adnams in hand in a glorious rural setting, surely the best (and only) way to experience Suffolk?s cuisine! After your relaxed dinner, make sure to walk off your meal in the tranquility of the countryside, and bathe in the serenity of this quaint little village.
If you fancy venturing out of Darsham, you will be spoilt for choice: with Dunwich a mere 4 miles away from the property, dine out at the Ship Inn or grab some fish and chips before a walk on the atmospheric beach. With Aldeburgh so close by, foodie delights are just a short drive away with a variety of pubs, restaurants and tearooms to choose from. The White Lion Hotel has sea views and a traditional menu and Prezzo provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for all ages. For slightly more formal dining try Regatta or The Lighthouse. However, no trip to Suffolk could be complete without trying the town?s world-class fish and chips: there are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street, both with a fantastic reputation... you may have to queue at busy lunchtime periods but it will be well worth the wait.
There are two Fox Inn Garden Rooms, both of which sleep 2. Each is ideal for those who want comfort and simplicity in a lovely part of Suffolk just 4 miles from the National Trust Coastline at Dunwich and RSPB Minsmere.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- No WiFi
- Saturday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.7 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 9.3 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- All accommodation is ground floor. Entrance lobby leading into spacious bed, living area with large french windows opening onto a private decked area and lawned garden with rural views beyond.
- A luxurious king sized bed with bedside tables and lamps.
- Small dining table and chairs for two and wall mounted flat screen television.
- The kitchen area is self contained and fully equipped; it includes a refrigerator with icebox, a microwave/combi oven, kettle and toaster
- The west facing verandah with table chairs and umbrella creates an extra space in clement weather - perfect for enjoying sundowners!
- Spacious bathroom with wet room shower, wash basin, w.c. towel rail and chair
- The Fox Inn Garden Rooms have electric heating and have been designed and built with the most stringent insulation specifications so they are extremely cosy in all seasons.
- If you prefer to prepare your own meals rather than use the excellent cuisine that the pub offers then there is the use of a microwave/combi oven, kettle and toaster, along with all other associated kitchen implements. Do remember that as well as the Fox Inn on your doorstep there is also The Crown (AA2 Rosette restaurant award) just down the lane at Westleton.
- Or, of course, you can simply have a BBQ in the garden!
- The Fox Inn - tel. 01728 668436 for meal reservations. Please note, the Fox Inn is closed on Sunday evenings and all day Mondays.
- The Crown, Westleton - tel. 01728 648777. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- Bed linen and towels are provided but, if using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it
Great outdoor space - ideal for dogs.Mrs Samantha Rothwell - 25th October 2017
Every thing just perfect really enjoyed holiday Thankyou very much M lodderMr Michael Lodder - 9th October 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.