A very imposing Big House Holiday home created from two adjoining 16th century barns, now completely integrated, on the top of a hill, high above the meadows and woodland surrounding Westleton, Dunwich and the sea. Entering Old Hall Barn, one can immediately see evidence of the fine craftsmanship which went into both the construction and refurbishment of this beautiful building.
WESTLETON 2 miles (3 km), DUNWICH 4 miles (6 km), ALDEBURGH 10 miles (16 km), SOUTHWOLD 12 miles (19 km)
This Suffolk Holiday Property:
Old Hall Barn is set in very private landscaped grounds of around an acre with a wonderful new hot tub, and large terrace with tables, chairs, loungers and parasol. Beyond which is a climbing frame (suitable for children 3 - 14) with ropes, ladders, slide, swing and tree house. There are fantastic views over 75 acres of paddocks and meadows around the barn. There is ample parking in the private drive and outside the cart lodge.
Deer roam the fields while barn owls and marsh harrier wheel overhead.
Accessible by road and rail, Darsham Station is just ten minutes walk from the house. On the East Suffolk line, you can get trains direct from London, Ipswich and Norwich.
Old Hall Barn is in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to Suffolk's Heritage coast at Dunwich and the world famous RSPB reserve at Minsmere. Halesworth (great for shopping and browsing) and the famous seaside town of Southwold are both close by and with Westleton just down the road there are plenty of lovely pubs and restaurants close by. There is a good country pub in the village and an excellent farm shop, Emmerdale Farm, just a couple of minutes walk down the drive.
A magnificent two storey drawing room and newly fitted kitchen Old Hall Barn makes the ideal property for a gathering of friends, or a family reunion. Child friendly. All bathrooms have been fully upgraded in the last year.
- Hot tub
- Sleeps 14
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.6 mile
- Nearest pub 0.8 mile
- 9.6 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- A glass door opens into the light and spacious hall where there is a storage area for coats and boots.
- The double height drawing room is lit both from large windows and the glass doors on the ground floor and from windows overlooking the galleried walkway on the first floor. With a large inglenook fireplace and log burning stove, the room is both spacious and cosy. Stripped wooden floors with rugs, sofas, arm chairs and stools, coffee tables and loads of lamps all add to the ambiance. There is a stereo system with cd/cassette/radio
- Beside the large sitting room is a games area with pool table and small dining table - ideal for puzzles, board games and cards (of which there are many)
- Beyond the games room a corridor leads to a utility room with butler's sink, washing machine and tumble dryer, larder style freezer and loads of cupboard space
- There is both a ground floor bathroom with large corner shower, w.c. and basin and a separate guest cloakroom with wash basin and w.c.
- A lovely new snug has been created with three 2 seater sofas, coffee tables, electric coal effect fire and wall mounted flat screen TV with full Sky package
- The dining area has a table seating at least fourteen people comfortably. Beside the newly installed spacious kitchen cooking and dining can now be a family event.
- A large new kitchen has been installed (2017) at the far end beyond the dining area; light, it is fully fitted and very well equipped with double butler's sink, American fridge/freezer, triple oven electric range, and additional fitted oven, two dishwashers, microwave, 6 slice toaster, cafetiere, coffee machine and central island with loads of cupboard space and two wine fridges.
- There is a large ground floor bedroom, suitable for a couple with some mobility limitations (do call us before you book if you have any queries about the room). It has twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, small wardrobe, strip wood floor and rugs. This room works well for children and there are two further put up beds available should four youngsters want to use it as a 'dorm'
- The first floor is divided into two discreet areas, ideal for a friends' get together or two families. Staircases from the ground floor lead to each area
- The staircase from the main entrance leads to the minstrels gallery to one side of this is a small sitting area with sofa, books, TV and DVD - great for children to watch films or play computer games or as a quiet reading area for adults where one can sit and admire the countryside
- Bedroom 1 has a king sized bed, dressing table and easy chair, bedside tables and lamps, full length mirror. There is both a walk in dressing room and an en suite shower room with corner shower, w.c., basin, and towel rail
- Bedroom 2 has two single beds, bedside cabinets, lamps and wardrobe, full length mirror
- Opposite bedroom 2 is a bathroom with w.c., basin, and bath.
- Bedroom 3 has a king sized bed, bedside chests and lamps, easy chair and walk in dressing room and en suite bathroom with w.c., basin, and bath
- Stairs from the rear of the house lead to
- Bedroom 4 which has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe, and an en suite shower room with w.c., shower (there is a step up to the shower) and basin
- There is a further shower room with w.c., wash basin, and shower
- Bedroom 5 has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers. There is a large fitted cupboard in the hall opposite the room with plenty of hanging space.
- Bedroom 6 has two single beds, bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and easy chair. There is a large fitted cupboard in the hall outside the room with plenty of hanging space.
- There is a large landscaped garden of just over an acre with spacious terrace with garden table and benches for the whole party, gas barbecue and parasol.
- The lawn beyond is great for ball games and there is a large trampoline and children's climbing frame (suitable for children from 3 - 14) with 3 swings, slide, ladders and tree house.
- Adults are equally well catered for - a large, top of the range, luxury hot tub, the temperature being kept at 37 degrees, for 8 people. With deck and uplighting the hot tub is already proving a firm favourite with visitors. A sauna seating 6 - 8 people.
- Beyond the garden is a cart shed; parking available for 2 cars outside. There is also a good deal of private parking in the drive
- To the west of the house is a private path leading to the road (a short cut to Darsham Station some 10 minutes walk from the house)
- The barn is surrounded by fields, woodland and paddocks.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke on the property
- Bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring beach towels.
- Oil central heating and lighting etc. are provided
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £400 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as the terms of business are met
- Unlimited Wifi provided.
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- The Fox Inn - tel. 01728 668436.
- There is a TV, DVD and PSP console in the children's play area on the 1st floor.
- There is a travel cot, high chair and stair gate. If using the travel cot please provide your own bedding.
- A short walk from the station that is accessed via a footpath directly opposite by wooden steps.
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal for children (parents and grandparents) to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 7th July 2017||£3,039.00|
|7th July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£3,423.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£3,039.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£2,754.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£3,039.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£2,754.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£4,026.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
A fantastic property in a great location. Property is really well equipped. Wonderful comfy beds! Thank you - we enjoyed our stay.Alison W, Essex - 22nd April 2015
We have had a wonderful few days at Old Hall Barn and we will be back again one day.A previous customer - 22nd December 2014