Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 4 people, using 2 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFTCD4.
Set in the small, rural village of Dennington, The Cottage has prime position in The Square, just below the grand, 14th-century church; between the village green and one of Suffolk's best village pubs, The Dennington Queen.
FRAMLINGHAM 2.8 miles (4.5 km), SNAPE 14 miles (22.5 km), ALDEBURGH 18 miles (29 km), WOODBRIDGE 14 miles (22.5 km), SOUTHWOLD 18.5 miles (30 km), ORFORD 17 miles (27 km)
With its traditional buildings, village green and playing field, manicured hedgerows and trees, Dennington provides the classic village scene. The Square centres on an oak tree: Bordered by the Church, pub and cottages this is the focal point in the village. Lanes and footpaths run throughout the centre of the village to surrounding countryside, inviting walkers and cyclists to explore this beautiful arable landscape.
About the property:
The Cottage has been subtly extended retaining all the original charm of open fireplaces, seasoned pine doors, walk-in pantry and square bay windows. A new galley style kitchen leads through to a bright breakfast area and family snug with picture windows and French windows to maximise the views of the garden.
Both the sitting room and snug have two generous sofas, so plenty of space for everyone to relax, watch TV or enjoy their own playlist on the iPod dock.
Four double bedrooms, all with double beds and Tempur mattresses, perfect at the end of a busy day in Suffolk.
An enclosed garden, mostly laid to lawn, providing plenty of room for children to safely play. With mature trees and shrubs, a south facing Summer House and raised patio, you can enjoy al fresco dining and barbecues.
Sleeps: Sleeps 8 in 4 double bedrooms, one with en-suite shower room.
Parking: Room for two cars in the cart lodge with two further cars on the shingle driveway. This area is private and gated.
This property is ideal for:
A family holiday or group of friends looking for a taste of rural Suffolk in a very traditional village setting. The historic market town of Framlingham is just five minutes by car and you will not miss the monumental Castle dominating the skyline. The surrounding parkland is stunning and visitors can walk along the magnificent ramparts and enjoy beautiful views over the mere.
The town offers some chic shops and excellent pubs, restaurants and tearooms. The Market days are Tuesday and Saturday and well worth a visit.
The market town of Woodbridge, on the banks of the picturesque river Deben with its quayside restaurant and theatre, offers plenty for the whole family too. A riverside walkway past the new marina, one of the last working Tide Mills, playing fields and tearooms and boasts views up river that haven't changed since Thomas Churchyard's paintings.
Suffolk's Heritage Coast is within 30 minutes by car on winding, scenic roads. Aldeburgh with its vast shingle beach is ideal for picnics, walks, skimming stones or to sit and enjoy the local fish and chips. A full calendar of festivals - food, music, poetry and art - make this popular with visitors all year round.
A little further up the coast is the peaceful village of Dunwich with soft sand, cliffs and wild heathland, alive with heather through the summer months and a haven for wildlife. Beyond is the coastal town of Southwold; charming, authentic seaside town complete with lighthouse, 'olde worlde' pleasure pier and home to Adnams brewery.
Eating and drinking out:
The Dennington Queen is literally on your door step and serves excellent lunches and suppers so a great way to start your holiday.
The Station, Framlingham is also very popular pub with a lively atmosphere, and great food served at large farmhouse tables. The Lemon Tree Bistro in the heart of Framlingham is excellent.
Other pubs and restaurants worth exploring include The Kings Head in Laxfield and The Fox and Goose in Fressingfield, which is featured in the Michelin and Harden's food guides. Click here for a full list of pubs and restaurants in the locality.
Self catering eating:
Framlingham is the nearest town with a Co-op supermarket and independent baker, greengrocer and fishmonger.
The Market Square plays host to an impressive market with some top quality local produce including breads, pies, cheese and fresh fish. Click here for a list of Local Food providers.
All the major online supermarkets also deliver to this address.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guides Visit Framlingham, Visit North Suffolk, and Visit Woodbridge
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 2.8 miles
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 13.6 miles from the coast
- Entrance, via the door next to the parking area, into a tiled lobby with coat pegs, access to the utility room (with fridge and microwave), w.c. and kitchen.
- Cloak room with w.c., corner handbasin and mirror.
- Utility room with washing machine, dryer, large butler sink, storage cupboards, cleaning materials, iron and ironing board.
- The galley-style kitchen leads through to a dining area and family snug, tiled throughout. The kitchen is fully equipped with a fridge, freezer, 4 ring ceramic hob, Bosch double oven including grill, butler sink, beech work surfaces and a walk-in pantry. The dining area has a table and 7 chairs; the family snug with two large sofas, occasional table and CD player has French doors to the patio and a picture window with views over the garden.
- The dining room is accessed from the kitchen (one step up) and has views of the Church from the south facing bay window. It is furnished with a large regency-style dining table and chairs, serving table, storage shelves and brick fireplace with a wood burning stove. Door leading to an inner hallway, front entrance and the sitting room.
- A single step leads to the sitting room which also has a south facing bay window, two large sofas, rocking chair, lamps and side tables, flat screen TV with Freeview and Blue-ray player and a traditional, cast iron and tile open fireplace.
- Stairs lead from the corner of the kitchen to the first floor landing.
- Master bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and original Victorian fireplace (for decoration only).
- The master bedroom en-suite is spacious with a corner shower cubicle and power shower, w.c., washbasin and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2 has a standard-sized double bed, plenty of wardrobe space and bedside tables and lamps.
- Bedroom 3 has a standard-sized double bed, table, lamp and wardrobe.
- Bedroom 4 has a standard-sized double bed and short pine wardrobe.
- The family bathroom has a bath with telephone style mixer tap and shower. There is also a wall mounted electric Triton shower over the bath with folding glass screen, w.c. and pedestal washbasin.
- The front garden is formal with slate covered paths and neatly boxed hedges and shrubs, enclosed by a short railing fence. A private driveway and gate gives access to the parking area and cart lodge. This is screened from the rear garden by espaliered trees.
- There is a large raised patio area with table and chairs and a step down to a lawned area with flowering trees and border shrubs. Further steps lead to a south facing Summer house. The garden is secure with fencing on all sides and a gate across the driveway.
- A charcoal barbecue is provided though please supply your own fuel.
- Bed linen and towels are provided but please bring your own beach and sports towels. All bed linen is synthetic. A hair dryer is provided.
- Full central heating throughout. A starter pack of logs is provided for the log burner and further supplies can be purchased in Framlingham.
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|21 Jul 17 - 1 Sep 17||£1,317|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£948|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£774|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£948|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£774|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£1,317|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.