A charming single storey, hill top cottage with delightful far reaching views over a rural landscape little changed in years.
WOODBRIDGE 4 miles, FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles, SNAPE 15 miles, ORFORD 14.5 miles, ALDEBURGH 20 miles, LAVENHAM 27.5 miles, BURY ST EDMUNDS 31.5 miles
The Property: Gardener's Cottage has been fully refurbished for letting over the last couple of years. A charming little cottage, both sitting room and bedroom have long views over the surrounding countryside. Next door is a spacious en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower. The kitchen is well equipped and again there are lovely views from both windows. The sitting room is quite spacious and really relaxing; there is a good selection of local interest books, novels and local maps and guides. With central heating throughout and a lovely log burning stove, the cottage will be really cosy at any time of year.
Due to the age of the property doorway heights are limited, so be prepared to duck if you are tall.
The Grounds: Gardeners Cottage sits in a lovely garden, rich in trees, plants and birdlife. Over 30 bird species have been seen in and from the garden, including woodpeckers (both great spotted and green), owls (barn and tawnies), birds of prey (buzzards, kestrel and sparrow hawks), as well as less usual species like yellowhammers, cuckoos, treecreepers, pied and grey wagtails, jays and wrens.
Deer and hares can often be seen out of the rear cottage windows, and there is the occasional hedgehog visitor. Great Bealings Parish itself is a haven for wildlife, in spite of its proximity to Woodbridge and Ipswich, and is the subject of a pioneering environment-based Neighbourhood Plan under the strapline of 'A Village in a Landscape'. 77 bird species have been recorded here - all seen within 20 minutes walk from Gardener's Cottage. If you are lucky, kingfishers, little egrets and green sandpiper, as well as otters, can be found by the local Lark and Fynn rivers and adjacent water meadows and woodlands.
A sloping cottage garden leads down to a charming little seating area with stone seating and BBQ. Beyond the gated garden is an open area of lawn with mature trees, peppered with bulbs and woodland planting.
Gardener's Cottage is at the top of a hill. The site of an old windmill, it is believed that Gardener's Cottage may have been used by the miller or his workers. The position is perfect and the views over the surrounding countryside towards St Mary's Church, Great Bealings are truly panoramic.
Sleeps 2: In one king sized bed. The sofa can be made up as a sofa bed if required.
This property is ideal for: A couple with or without a dog, wanting a cottage with a really rural feel.
Gardener's Cottage is on the edge of the village of Great Bealings and there are houses nearby but it is not directly overlooked. There is room for a baby, and a cot and high chair are provided.
Minimum hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Friday changeover in High Season.
Pets: Two well behaved dogs welcome.
Eating Out: The nearest country pub, The Turks Head, is in the village of Hasketon just a couple of miles away. You might also like to pop over to Grundisburgh; The Grundisburgh Dog serves great food and welcomes dogs.
Self Catering: There is a wide choice of excellent food providers in the locality. Click here for a selection.
Activities: Your holiday will not be complete without time in Woodbridge itself. There is a cinema, sailing club, model boat lake, tennis courts, swimming pool and canoe and rowing club as well as some really excellent restaurants and traditional pubs. Also make sure to visit Seckford Hall, just a mile from Gardener's Cottage with a golf course, spa and fine dining restaurant.
Top Tip - Allow yourself time for a walk around the historic centre of Woodbridge and along the river bank to Kyson Point - a real treat.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guides Visit Woodbridgeand Visit Framlingham
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 3.1 miles
- Nearest pub 3.1 miles
- 3.1 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All the accommodation is on the ground floor
- The front door opens into the hall with hooks for coats etc, room for boots and shoes. There is a cupboard for the vacuum etc at the end of the hall.
- A door leads from the hall into the sitting room with sofa and armchair, coffee table, standard lamp and lights, a log burning stove and flat screen TV showing Freeview with DVD. There is an iPod dock. An antique linen chest sits in one corner and there are windows overlooking the garden and the open fields behind the cottage.
- The kitchen/dining room is very well equipped with a table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric hob and oven and microwave.
- The bedroom has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and chair.
- A door leads from the bedroom to the en suite bathroom which includes a bath and overhead shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- From the parking area it is just a few steps to the garden gate. Fenced and gated, the cottage garden has a charming bricked seating area, where there is a stone seat (cushions provided) and director's chair, charcoal barbecue and garden table. Gentle brick steps lead past cottage planting to the front door.
- To the right of the garden a sloping path leads round to the front door (for those who don't like steps)
- The cottage backs on to open fields and there is a large open lawned area beyond the kitchen garden available to holidaymakers
- A myriad of country paths surround Gardeners Cottage which can be accessed without walking along the road.
- There is plenty of outside space for bikes
- Central heating throughout. Logs is provided for the log burning stove.
- Non-allergic duvets and pillows, bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Unlimited Wifi provided.
- Private parking in the drive
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- Other equipment provided includes: an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and hoover.
Thank you for our stay, we have had a restful time in this very quiet and cosy cottage. Ideal for our dog too. No problems with the cottage, lovely gardens and views, well equipped kitchen. Will return for sure. Sue and Ian - 11th September 2017
We have had a great time staying in your beautiful cottage. It is so peaceful, with so many beautiful walks. Jackie the dog has enjoyed her stay as well. Mr and Mrs Easton - 25th August 2017
First visit to Suffolk and we were both impressed by the beauty of the countryside and the character of the coast. Gardener's Cottage was an idyllic base to experience both.Mr Adrian Nyland - 7th August 2017
Our first visit to Suffolk and we have loved it. A great way to spend our 20 year wedding anniversary, leaving teenagers at home! Highlights for us - Aldeburgh, Southwold, Flatford Mill, Woodbridge, Sutton Hoo, Dunwich Heath and RSPB Minsmere. We have seen so many birds! River Orwell, Deben, Stour and Blyth are full of life. Pin Mill was great and had a lovely meal in the Butt and Oyster. A great week, with Gardener's Cottage as a wonderful base. Mr and Mrs Haworth - 4th August 2017
Absolutely fell in love with Gardener's Cottage. We loved the location and the cottage felt warm and welcoming. Sorry we couldn't stay longer.Mrs Jill Hackett - 2nd August 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.