- £447 per week
- £64 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Washing machine
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - Please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
A charming holiday cottage in the very heart of the Suffolk countryside. A fusion of period features and contemporary living, close to the coast.
Marlborough House Forge has been completely renovated by the owners to provide a luxurious couples bolt-hole just a short drive from the bustling market towns of Framlingham and Woodbridge and the picturesque Suffolk coastline. As the name suggests, the cottage was formerly the village forge and many of its original features have been incorporated into the design including the original bellows. The ground floor accommodation offers everything you could wish for in your self catering holiday home with cosy and stylish interiors. From the private parking area, a path through the enclosed garden leads to the front door. Step inside and the interiors are bright and welcoming with an open plan living area complete with pretty window seat, well equipped kitchen and beautiful master bedroom and contemporary shower room. The property overlooks fields, a beautiful spot whatever the season - with misty horizons in the winter, rotating summer crops and the most amazing sunrises and sunsets.
Framlingham is a fascinating market town with an impressive 12th-century curtain-walled castle, which still dominates the town. Be sure to stop off for lunch or dinner, there are some excellent cafes, pubs and restaurants in the town. Alternatively, head to Southwold for a day on the beach, stroll along the prom and enjoy some of the best fish and chips!
Pubs in Earl Soham, Framlingham 4 miles, Woodbridge 10 miles, Aldeburgh 9 miles, Orford 12 miles, Southwold 18 miles.
Why we love this property… Marlborough House Forge offers beautiful spacious interiors for two - the perfect couples escape!
- Open plan living area: comfortable sofa, bucket chair and window seats, (the sofa converts to a double bed, please specify when booking if you would like to use this - additional £50 per booking). Flatscreen SmartTV with FreeSat and Amazon Firestick. Kitchen with breakfast bar and bar stools, fridge, electric oven and four ring hob, microwave and dishwasher.
- Master bedroom: king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, freestanding hanging rail with shelf, dressing table.
- Shower room: large, walk-in double width shower with twin head mixer drench shower, heated towel rail, WC, wash hand basin.
- Outside: fully enclosed garden laid to lawn. There is a raised sun trap patio area with furniture for enjoying the countryside views.
- Parking: private off-street parking space.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedrooms.
- Minimum hire: 3 nights. High season minimum stay 1 week.
- Heating: oil central heating.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided. Cot and high chair available on request, please bring your own cot bedding. USB plug sockets are provided in the living area and bedroom. No smoking
- The front door opens onto the open plan living area. To the right, is the seating area with comfy three seater sofa, bucket chair and beautifully dressed window seats which all look out and enjoy the views over the garden and fields beyond. The sofa converts to a double bed, but please specify at time of booking if you would like to use this (available to rent at an additional £50 per booking).
- Flatscreen SmartTV with FreeSat and Amazon Firestick with access to music and films. USB plug sockets are provided in the living area and bedroom so that you can charge your smartphone, tablet, cameras etc.
- A fully fitted kitchen with breakfast bar and two roll back upholstered bar stools includes a fridge, electric oven and four ring hob, microwave and dishwasher.
- A hallway connects the living area to the master bedroom and has hooks for hanging coats.
- Shower room with window allowing lots of natural light. There is a large, walk-in double width shower with twin head mixer drench shower, heated towel rail, w.c., basin. and shaver point.
- Master bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, freestanding hanging rail with shelf, console/dressing table with wall mounted mirror. The window is east facing so you can enjoy the early morning sunrise as you look out over the garden and fields beyond.
- A fully enclosed garden laid to lawn. There is a raised sun trap patio area with furniture for enjoying the countryside views.
- A front gate leads from the private off-street parking space. The rear gate leads to the owners utility area (freezer, washing machine, iron, ironing board, vacuum) which you are welcome to use on request.
- Oil central heating is provided.
- There is a no smoking policy in the property.
- All bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring your own beach towels.
- A Cot and High Chair are available by request (you must provide your own linen for the cot).
An exceptionally well appointed cottage, with quality fitments, spotlessly clean and with a really comfortable bed. In an excellent, quiet location for local walks the cottage has mid-point access to all of Suffolk's coastal attractions. Cathy, as host, ensured that we had everything we needed for a wonderful holiday.
We have had the most perfect week away here, the location is amazing and the Forge contains everything that you could ever need! Cathy and Peter are so friendly and have gone above and beyond for us. We enjoyed our welcome tray and have had a stress free break. Cleaning products are provided and everything is immaculate! We cant wait to stay here again, we will definitely return. Hannah and Elliott, Ipswich
Lovely stay here in comfortable well appointed cottage. Thank you for organising the flowers and the additonal bunting and balloons for our celebration holiday. While here we enjoyed a very good afternoon tea at The Randolph and excellent meal at The White Horse at Baddingham. A memorable stay - thankyou. Lynda & Bob, Lincoln
We have had a delightful stay here in the Forge. We felt immediately at home here and were paricularly taken by the level of care in the design/furnishings and the thougtfulness of the items you provided (which you very definitely do not find in a number of holiday cottages!). Our love affair with Suffok continues and we shall remember our stay at Marlborough House Forge with great affection. Thank you for your care and thoughfulness. Chris & Jan, Northamptonshire
Thank you for a lovely stay and for showing us the local wildlife ! We had a wonderful few days touring the area and its been a joy to come back to such a delightful and pristine cottage. Great to meet you (and Dexter!) hope to be back again soon in this lovely part of the country. Thanks again, Wendy & Andy
A lovely six day holiday at the end of August. Cathy was very welcoming when we arrived and extremely helpful throughout our stay. The cottage is delightful - extremely well equipped with a very comfortable bed andset tee and the views all around are wonderful. We enjoyed visiting a number of churches in the locality as well as Framlingham Castle, Helmingham Hall and other places of interest. We have stayed in a number of rental properties over the years but this was outstanding. Thank you so much for a very pleasant week and especially for the welcome tray - so thoughful. We would love to come back some time. Tricia & Dick, Bucks
What an amazing cosy, comfortable, clean friendly place to stay. We've had such a brilliant time and felt totally relaxed. Thank you so much Cathy and Peter for your friendly hospitality and great tips for places to visit. Your welcome goodies were very much appreciated too. So many special memories! Finished our last evening with a really lovely meal at The Queen at Dennington only a few miles away (started our holiday in Dennington for breakfast at the Neathouse on the village green - yummy!). Really look forward to seeing you again. Jackie and Lloyd, Farnham, Surrey
A delightful cottage, nicely decorated, light and airy. Lovely views and very peaceful. A perfect place to relax and unwind. Thank you so much Cathy for the welcome goodies. If we were to return to this neck of the woods again we wouldnt hesitate to book with you again. Virginia & Graham, Eastbourne
We have really enjoyed our stay at your beautiful cottage. Everything was perfect and we appreciated your care to cleanliness in the current time but also the special touches like the scones and jam! We toured around a lot and our only disappointment was that we missed the harvesting - corn was there in the morning and gone by the time we returned in the evening! Thank you for your hospitality. We will look forward to visiting again soon. Sue & Steve. Cambridge.
Excellent accommodation, spotlessly clean and sanitised. Very welcoming owners. Fabulous 5 day break - we will want to return. Accommodation was very well equipped and comfortable. Owners very helpful if you need anything else. Look out for deer grazing the hedge across the fields! We were very happy here - it is a credit to Suffolk hospitability. Thanks to you both. Mr & Mrs Langley.
What a wonderful place. We've stayed in a lot of places in Suffolk and this is by far the best. Hygiene and cleanliness exceptional, very well thought out to comply with COVID regulations. We have had a lovely relaxing 5 days, just what we both needed. Visited much of the area and most of the shops are open, just having to comply with hand sanitising and number of people in the store. All in all its been a lovely break, nice to meet and chat with Cathy too - thank you so much for the delicious goodies on arrival - much appreciated. Really hope to return as soon as we can. Paul & Jane, Essex.
Exceptional in all aspects. The cottage had clearly been deep cleaned to a very high standard and there was sanitiser and wipes available to keep up the level of cleanliness. As a holiday home, the cottage was everything you could want. All locations - cafes, shops and pubs etc - are open and following the required guidelines. All in all a very enjoyable stay with plenty of places to visit. Many thanks for the welcome tray. Richard & Maria, Cheshire.
Lovely little cottage. very peaceful and quiet. Great place to relax.
Difficult to find words to express our joy at finding this absolute gem of a cottage. Beautifully and tastefully furnished and equipped and set in a lovely area – we have fallen in love with The Forge cottage. Hopefully, we can renew our experience before too long. Thank you, Cathy and Peter, for the goodies and those lovely scones. Dawn & Derek, Bedfordshire.
A beautiful cottage – couldn’t fault it ! Very comfortable bed, warm and cosy, good shower – just lovely. Thank you for goodies on arrival – a very welcoming touch. Thank you. Tina & Terry, West Sussex
What a find Marlborough House Forge is ! Beautifully decorated, well equipped, scrupulously clean and lovely relaxing atmosphere. Like everyone else, we really appreciated the welcome goodies and Cathy and Peter are wonderful hosts – so helpful and friendly – and we can certainly recommend their produce. This is our first visit to this part of Suffolk and it has been a revelation. Lovely forest walks at Dunwich and from Snape Maltings to Aldeburgh were particular highlights. There is a great deli just off the square in Framlingham and they will make up hampers. Will certainly be back to this 5 Star venue. Thank you, Cathy and Peter. Gill & Lin, Essex.
Lovely cottage, really enjoyed our stay at the Forge. Visited lots of lovely places and had lots of lovely walks with the dog. Most cafes and pubs are dog-friendly. Had a nice meal at The Crown in Fram and the Red Lion in Woodbridge, both of which are dog-friendly. 10/10 for the comfy bed !! Perfect getaway. Thank you. Kim & Simon, Hertfordshire.
This is our third stay at The Forge which speaks for itself really! Cathy and Peter have made a lovely holiday home with everything you could want. Great views, warm and comfy and good dog walks. We love Suffolk so much we are moving here!! PS. Cathy's homemade scones are a real treat. Mark & Suzanne