- £480 per week
- £69 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Open fire or woodburner
- Washing machine
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
The ultimate romantic retreat… this charming single storey cottage is stylish and comfortable with rural views. Escape to a Suffolk hideaway!
A beautiful self catering holiday home near Woodbridge with cottage style interiors, private garden, parking and wonderful walking trails and paths on the doorstep. Gardener’s Cottage ticks all the boxes for a rural idyll. Set in a lovely garden with seating area and barbeque, trees, plants and 30+ species of birds including woodpeckers, owls, buzzards, kestrel and sparrow hawks, yellowhammers, cuckoos and treecreepers to name but a few. This is a wildlife lovers haven with deer and hares spotted too! Gardener's Cottage is at the top of a hill on the site of an old windmill with panoramic views over the surrounding countryside towards St Mary's Church and Great Bealings. This charming single storey cottage has a delightful sitting room with wood burning stove for the cooler evenings, perfect for just relaxing with a coffee over breakfast or with a pre-dinner aperitif. Head into Woodbridge, a great base with the Riverside Theatre and some beautiful historic buildings and museums. Situated on the banks of the River Deben just a mile from Sutton Hoo and the Sandlings, a rare and wildlife rich heathland which stretches to Bawdsey on Suffolk's heritage coast. Great for a walking or cycling holiday and popular for canoeing and boating.
Why we love this property… this charming dog friendly holiday home is a must for wildlife lovers and perfect for exploring both the Suffolk coast and countryside.
Shops and pubs in Woodbridge 4 miles, Framlingham 13 miles, Snape 15 miles, Orford 14.5 miles, Aldeburgh 19 miles, Lavenham 27.5 miles, Bury St Edmunds 31.5 miles
All the accommodation is on the ground floor
- Sitting room: sofa, armchair, wood burning stove, flat screen TV showing Freeview with DVD. iPod dock.
- Kitchen/dining room: table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric hob and oven and microwave.
- Master bedroom: king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe.
- Ensuite bathroom: bath and overhead shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: fenced and gated cottage garden, brick seating area, barbecue, garden table. There is plenty of outside space for bikes.
- Parking: private parking on drive.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedrooms.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome.
- Heating: central heating throughout. A welcome basket of logs are provided for the log burning stove.
- Notes: WiFi, non-allergic duvets and pillows, bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding. No smoking. Restricted head height in places. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
All the accommodation is on the ground floor
- The front door opens into the hall with hooks for coats etc, room for boots and shoes. There is a cupboard for the vacuum etc at the end of the hall.
- A door leads from the hall into the sitting room with sofa and armchair, coffee table, standard lamp and lights, a log burning stove and flat screen TV showing Freeview with DVD. There is an iPod dock. An antique linen chest sits in one corner and there are windows overlooking the garden and the open fields behind the cottage.
- The kitchen/dining room is very well equipped with a table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric hob and oven and microwave.
- The bedroom has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and chair.
- A door leads from the bedroom to the en suite bathroom which includes a bath and overhead shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- From the gravelled parking area it is a short distance to the garden gate. Fenced and gated, the cottage garden has a charming bricked seating area, where there is a stone seat (cushions provided) charcoal barbecue and garden table. Gentle brick steps lead past cottage planting to the front door and a wooden bench.
- To the right of the garden a sloping path leads round to the front door (for those who don't like steps)
- The cottage backs onto open fields and on one side an open lawned garden on the other.
- A myriad of country paths surround Gardeners Cottage which can be accessed without walking along the road.
- There is plenty of outside space for bikes
- Central heating throughout. A welcome basket of logs are provided for the log burning stove.
- Non-allergic duvets and pillows, bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Unlimited Wifi provided.
- Private parking in the drive
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- Other equipment provided includes: an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and hoover.
Delighted to stay in such an appealing property. Carefully thought out, cosy, perfectly equipped without fuss, practical maps and guides aplenty, an efficient fire and besutiful views outback with beautiful mature trees out front. Gorgeous.
Was a lovely cottage just what my husband and I wanted very peaceful and relaxing Wonderful holiday just what was needed
What a wonderful week we have had, just what the doctor ordered. A gorgeous cottage to recuperate in. Such a relaxing place and so tastefully decorated. Beautiful flowers to greet us. As well as us, Stanley, our puppy has had the best holiday ever. What amazing walks we have had, just love it here. Thank you, We hope to come back. Paul, Jane & 1-year-old Stanley. East Sussex
A five-star stay in a five-star cottage. Zoe & James youre the perfect hosts. Than you.
A lovely quiet cottage. Just what we needed. Thank you. John & Pat. Essex
Quite, comfortable cottage with lots of little extras. Thank you for the flowers & milk, much appreciated. Ann & Ray. Norfolk
Thank you for a very peaceful four days. Apart from the Great Spotted Woodpecker who seemed to follow me around :) Alan, Tess & Rusty
Lovely peaceful cottage and very well equipped. we loved the soft water, such a change from our own. The weather has been sunny all week and perfect for some wonderful walks with our German Shepherd. Thank you. Andrew, Jane & Reeba
A lovely cosy country retreat. We enjoyed the peaceful surroundings and what a fantastic garden. Thank you for your welcome, we felt very relaxed there. Ron & Glen Waven
A lovely little cottage, tastefully decorated. Peaceful yet close enough to drive around Suffolk to explore area!
This is a delightful and comfortable cottage and I would highly recommend it. The owners are very kind and accommodating. It was a perfect spot for my sister and I to be together.
The cottage is lovely & is centrally located for lovely parts of the Suffolk coast.