Special Offers: Last minute discount! 10% off bookings starting within 14 days (may not apply in conjunction with other offers)
DescriptionSet in the heart of rural Suffolk and overlooking the surrounding fields, The Granary at Great Glemham is perfect for those who want to get away from it all in this quiet corner of the county.
FRAMLINGHAM 4 miles (6km), WOODBRIDGE 10 miles (16km), ALDEBURGH 9 miles (14km), ORFORD 12 miles (19km), SOUTHWOLD 18 miles (29km)
About the Property: The Granary has recently been converted to a wonderfully high standard, offering ample and very comfortable accommodation for four. Set up on a small Suffolk hill, the outlook from the front of the property is over arable fields and woodland, with a handful of rooftops of the nearby village of Great Glemham, where you'll find The Crown pub.
This property is ideal for: A getaway for four in the seclusion of the Suffolk countryside.
Parking: There is a large area at the front of the property which provides ample parking space for several cars including undercover parking for one car.
Setting: Tucked away in the folds of the Suffolk countryside, The Granary sits atop a small hill affording views of beautiful farmland.
Exploring: There is an excellent network of footpaths around the cottage, from which to explore the pretty countryside and villages. The nearby Woodland Trust area Pound Farm is a wonderful mix of woodland, orchard, grassy races, wildflower meadows and ponds - all 250 or so acres of it fenced - particularly good for people bringing dogs to the cottage.
Framlingham is just a short drive away, or perhaps a couple of hours' walk over footpaths and country lanes, and is a fascinating market town, home to an impressive 12th-century curtain-walled castle, which still dominates the town, and Framlingham Meare. Hosting some 80 species of bird and 290 species of plant, this is a 33-acre lake (with circular walks) being restored, along with its water meadows, by the Suffolk Wildlife Trust.
There are several country estates open to the public which make for lovely days out. Helmingham Hall and its stunning Gardens are a must see during the summer months, and Crow?s Hall outside of Debenham is an Invitation to View historic property. You can see dates online or why not book your own private tour of this stunning building?
Eating and Drinking Out: The Crown Inn is a charming pub in Great Glemham is within walking distance of The Granary and is dog friendly. With delicious food and local brews, The Crown is a lovely place to stop or lunch or spend an evening.Also nearby is The Lion Inn in Little Glemham, a ten minute drive away. This cosy and traditional inn cooks food to order, and has a good selection on the vegetarian menu as well.
There are some excellent places to grab a bite in Framlingham too - The Lemon Tree is a bistro restaurant close to the castle which has a wonderful seasonal menu. Catering for wheat and gluten free, you can enjoy a light lunch or scrumptious pastries at the Dancing Goat Cafe.
With a varied menu offering excellent food, The Railway Inn has a quirky, fun atmosphere. Enjoy a pint of beer or glass of wine in the beer garden or recline in comfort inside.
Self-Catered Eating: There is a Co-op in Framlingham which is roughly a ten minute drive away from the property, where there is also a deli, butchers and bakery. There is a Tesco Extra and a Waitrose in Saxmundham - about a fifteen minute drive away. Just outside of Saxmundham is the Friday Street Farm Shop which offers an array of local produce as well as a lovely cafe.
For more information about the area, including restaurants, pubs, cafes, shopping facilities, and things to do, please see our online guide Visit Framlingham.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 2.5 miles
- Nearest pub 0.8 mile
- 9.8 miles from the coast
- Enter into a spacious hallway, with shoerack and hooks on your left
- The beamed sitting room has a 2- and 3-seater sofa, writing desk and chair, flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD player, and stereo
- The kitchen is well-equipped with electric hob and oven, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, 1.5 bowl sink, toaster, kettle, and microwave
- The dining room has table and chairs for four, and a dresser
- Just outside the back door from the kitchen is a utility room housing a washing machine and w.c.
- The stairs to the first floor are straight in two parts with a dog-leg half-landing and handrail on the left going up
- Bedroom with twin beds with a bedside unit in between, bedside lamps, chair and chest of drawers
- Hanging space for the twin bedroom is just across the landing in a large cupboard
- Family bathroom with roll-top claw-footed bath with handheld shower, w.c. and handbasin
- The large master bedroom has a king-size bed, 2-seater sofa, full length mirror, chest of drawers, large built-in wardrobe with shelves to the side and storage space, ideal for luggage, above
- The en suite bathroom to the master bedroom has a bath with shower over and shower screen, w.c. and handbasin
- The rear garden is laid mainly to lawn and has picket fencing on 2 sides roughly 1 metre high. The other 2 sides are bordered by The Granary itself and 2-metre panel fencing. There is a terraced area with garden furniture.
- To the front the rural views are extensive, across the valley to the village of Great Glemham and beyond
- There is a large area to the front of the property, providing parking for several cars
- Undercover parking is also available for one car, and/or storage for bikes, in the adjoining barn
- There is a charcoal barbecue provided although please supply your own fuel.
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first are powered by an eco-friendly ground source heating unit
- Bed linen and towels (but not beach towels) are provided. All bed linen is synthetic. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are asked to not smoke in The Granary
- Two well-behaved dogs are welcome, but please don't allow them upstairs
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- The Crown Inn at Great Glemham (01728 663963) is roughly a half hour walk away. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property.
Beautiful tranquil house with everything you need. Beaches and places to visit are not too far to drive and all amazing places. Pubs to eat. Shops to shop. We'll definitely be back. Loved it! - 14th August 2018
Lovely barn conversion, excellent state of decor and a definite stay again location with a fantastic pub in the village serving high quality food, wines and beers. Would definitely recommend a stay here and would consider again for its peace and quiet!Mark Jones - 18th June 2018
It was excellent.Mrs Jeanne Grant - 14th June 2018
It was a delightful and peaceful place to holiday.Mr Graham Fordham - 10th June 2018
Lovely peaceful location and great house and garden. Friendly and helpful owners. We would recommend highly.Mrs Claire Noble - 11th April 2018
What a beautiful cottage, so well equipped, clean and a perfect base to exploreA previous customer - 1st October 2016
What a truly beautiful cottage in a stunning location - this would be our dream home! Â The cottage had everything we needed and was so comfortable.A previous customer - 14th September 2016
The cottage was so well appointed and furnished to a high order. The small things make all the difference and it was so well stocked with cutlery, crockery etc. My wife and I had a fantastic holiday.Trevor Q, Hampshire - 18th April 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.