DescriptionIn a stunning location, this beautiful and sympathetic conversion of an old granary has been comfortably and artistically furnished, and is perfect for families or groups of friends. The Granary, with it's delightful rural setting and fine views over the surrounding countryside is situated perfectly for those (if you can bear to leave it) who wish to visit Framlingham, with its fine castle, the ancient market town of Woodbridge, or the Suffolk coast; a property to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
FRAMLINGHAM 3 miles (5 km), WOODBRIDGE 8 miles (13 km), SNAPE 8 miles (13 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (19 km)
About the Property: An extremely exciting granary conversion which uses many of the original building?s materials including the old granary chute doors and old oak beams. All combine harmoniously with state of the art fittings, Mexican tiles and cool colour palette to create a tranquil atmosphere. The bespoke kitchen provides superb preparation and cooking facilities, good enough for even the most demanding cook.
Architecturally designed to provide maximum light, The Granary is comfortable, extremely spacious and wonderfully warm with underfloor heating throughout and a lovely wood burning stove. The pretty terrace directly outside is surrounded by picket fencing, making a wonderful space for adults and children alike. Use of a wonderful hard tennis court (arrange times of use with owner) and table tennis table are also available. The elevated position of the property ensures lovely views over the surrounding countryside, with Framlingham towards the west and Woodbridge towards the east.
The Granary is just a short stroll from the village of Hacheston. Parham Air Museum, a fascinating collection of wartime planes and memorabilia, is just a couple of miles from the village as is the attractive market town of Wickham Market where you can buy excellent local produce.
The market town of Framlingham (a 10-minute drive) is an absolute must, with its fine 12th century castle, restaurants and pubs, shops and market. Give yourself plenty of time to explore as there are lots of winding lanes that reveal hidden delights. Woodbridge is a short drive in the opposite direction and across the river lies Sutton Hoo. The coast can be reached in just over 20 minutes by car.
This property is ideal for: A holiday escape for a large family or a group looking for a countryside retreat. Tucked away in the folds of the Suffolk countryside, The Granary provides a sense of seclusion whilst sitting close to other villages and local attractions that make great day trips.
Parking: There is off street parking in front of the property for up to 3 cars.
Setting: The Granary is in the quiet village of Hacheston which sits in iconic Suffolk countryside with stretches of open farmland and woodland surrounding it.
Exploring: With narrow roads weaving between nearby picturesque villages, walking and cycling are great ways to explore this area of Suffolk as an alternative to driving. With the magnificent castle in Framlingham only a short drive away, you can experience some of Suffolk?s rich history almost on The Granary?s doorstep. Heading in the opposite direction, Helmingham Hall Gardens make a wonderful day out with the opportunity to walk or take a tour around the stunning gardens from May to September when they look their best, and enjoy the on site tearooms. Only 2.5 miles from The Granary you will find Easton Farm Park which makes for a brilliant family day out. Being in the middle of such beautiful countryside you can also take advantage of birdwatching and maybe catch sight of an elusive otter or kingfisher.
Eating and Drinking Out: There are several establishments in the area that are great for eating out of an afternoon or evening, or if you are just after some light refreshment.
The White Horse at Easton is the closest pub to the property and serves brunch, lunch and dinner.
Great Glemham?s The Crown Inn is a classic country pub which serves traditional pub lunches and evening meals in the spacious dining area using local sourced ingredients and serving local beers, ales and ciders.
The Dancing Goat Caf? in Framlingham provides delicious light lunches and serves breakfast as well. Catering for wheat and gluten free, you can enjoy an array of cakes, pastries and sandwiches.
Self-Catering Eating: If you are more inclined to make use of the fantastic kitchen, there are two Co-ops nearby, one in Framlingham and one in Wickham Market. Revetts & Sons butchers, also in Wickham Market, sell award winning sausages which are definitely worth a try. Further afield in Saxmundham there is a Tesco and a Waitrose to cover all your self-catering needs.
For more information on what to do in the area, head to Visit Framlingham.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Sunday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 4.5 miles
- Nearest pub 3 miles
- 7.2 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- A large utility room with sink, washing machine and tumble dryer and loads of additional storage space. There are tennis racquets and umbrellas available for use and plenty of hanging space for coats and boots
- A ground floor shower room with heated towel rail, wash basin, wc and large cubicle shower
- Beautiful bespoke and very well equipped kitchen with large gas hob with wok ring, electric ovens including 2 fan assisted ovens, slow oven and grill, integrated dishwasher, large fridge and freezer, microwave, cafeteria, and breakfast bar with 4 stools. Ipod docking station/player
- The ground floor is tiled throughout with the original granary beams marking the divisions in living space. A large living space incorporates:
- Between the sitting area and the kitchen is a spacious dining area with table and chairs for 6, pine marble topped serving table. Three glass tri-folding doors which can be opened up to create an uninterrupted link between the dining area and the large sunny stoned courtyard
- Beamed sitting room with tiled floors and rugs, sofas, armchairs, footstool, coffee tables and lamps, bookcase with plenty of books and games and a large inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. TV with Sky plus and DVD, CD radio and wi-fi
- An elegant oak staircase leads to the first floor and the stunning landing area
- Bedroom 1 is a large bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, hairdryer. Large built in storage cupboard with shelving and hanging space, chairs and TV, lovely views over surrounding countryside
- Bedroom 2 is a twin room with velux windows and has two full sized single beds, bedside tables, chest of drawers, dressing table with mirror; there is a large hanging cupboard on the landing
- Bedroom 3 with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table and chair. Built in hanging cupboard with shelving. There is an external door with staircase leading to ground level
- A family bathroom with bath mixer taps and hand held shower, wash hand basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- The large south facing terraced garden has patio pots and is surrounded by pretty picket fencing
- Garden furniture includes tables and chairs, parasol and charcoal bbq
- Parking for several cars
- There is a tennis court which guests are welcome to use by arrangement with the owners; some tennis racquets are provided
- An outdoor table tennis table is also available
- The environmentally friendly ground heat source pump provides the underfloor central heating throughout and an initial supply of logs for the wood burning stove is also included
- Bed linen and towels provided. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, guests are asked not to smoke in the house
- Wireless networking throughout the property means that guests can use their laptop computers
- Local produce can be pre-ordered by calling Garnett's Gardens Hacheston on 01728 724589
- There is a cot, high chair and child's blow up bed available on request (suitable for 3 - 6 year old) as well as stairgates at the top and bottom of the stairs and a fireguard can be made available on request
- A broadband/wifi service is provided. Please be aware excessive use of this service may be charged at cost
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal written by local author (and Cambridge graduate) Lucy Stone and illustrated by Jenny Duke (Cambridge School of Art), for the children (and parents or grandparents) to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
Wonderful barn in a very lovely part of Suffolk - perfect place to recharge the batteries! Plenty of attractions close by.Mrs Lesley Nicholls - 2nd May 2018
A lot of thought has gone into providing as many facilities as possible, from kitchen equipment, entertainment and outdoor activities. Easy access to surrounding areas, including the coast.Mrs P Dyke - 12th July 2017
What a delight! House so well kept and comfortableA previous customer - 26th November 2016
Fabulous accommodation -possibly the nicest and best equipped we've stayed in over recent years.Delightful setting and fantastic weather - lucky us!We even found a pebble with a hole in it - added to the collection.The Walkers, Dubai - 18th September 2016
What a wonderful place, so peaceful and relaxingA previous customer - 29th August 2016
The property was very comfortable and really well decorated. It was spotlessly clean and had all the facilities we needed.Jenny A, Essex - 22nd April 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Open Top Touring Classic Sports Car Hire & Tour
Take in the sights of Suffolk in true style with a day’s self-drive tour in a open top classic sports car. Prices from £135 to £155.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...