This really is a picture book cottage in the utterly charming village of Peasenhall. A Tudor build, Rosecot is in an ideal location for exploring the Suffolk coast and countryside being close to Framlingham and within easy reach of the seaside towns of Aldeburgh, Dunwich and Southwold.
SOUTHWOLD 13 miles (21 km), DUNWICH 9.5 miles (15 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (19 km)
About the Property: Set back from the main street, Rosecot is one of a row of traditional Suffolk cottages overlooking the village stream, known locally as the river Yox. Fronted by a private lane there is also off-street parking in the drive. The exposed wooden beams throughout (some are quite low) fill this property with character and charm, a standout feature for most who visit.
The garden too, is a place to relax and unwind, sit out in the summer with a book and enjoy some peace and quiet. On cold winter nights, sit inside with the log burning stove, enjoying a glass of wine and a game of cards after days spent exploring the Suffolk coast.
There is a deep hip bath at the property; h 38", w 45", d 28". There is a stool for access but it is not suitable for those with limited mobility.
Exploring: Peasenhall is an attractive Suffolk village with local shop and post office, a nationally renowned deli, Emmett's, and a very good tea shop, Weavers. There are some extremely attractive buildings in the village including a range of timber-framed buildings and a late medieval hall-house, which was in use as an inn by 1478 - a fairly new invention at that date.
At Yoxford there are further excellent shops as well as a restaurant and pub. The pretty village of Westleton is close by, as is the lost city of Dunwich, now a tiny village with a fantastic museum and shingle beach. Both Southwold and Aldeburgh are within a 20 minutes drive.
Framlingham (a 15-minute drive) is an absolute must, with its fine 12th century castle, restaurants and pubs, shops and market. Give yourself plenty of time to explore this delightful town.
This Property is ideal for: A couple or small family wanting the best of both coast and countryside. The cosy feel to the cottage will give you a relaxing Suffolk experience - so quaint.
Self Catering: Most well known supermarkets will deliver to Rosecot, but most supplies can be picked up from the village of Peasenhall itself. More shops can be found at nearby Saxmundham, Framlingham and of course, Aldeburgh.
Eating and Drinking Out: The nearest pub within walking distance of Rosecot is the Sibton White Horse. Serving a good selection of home cooked food, you can wander home feeling satisfyingly full. A short drive away is The White Horse, Rendham, a much loved old-fashioned pub serving a selection of traditional English cuisine.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guides, Visit Framlingham and Visit Southwold.
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.7 mile
- 8.3 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Entrance lobby with coathooks and space for boots. Door to:
- Sitting room with traditional Suffolk brick floor and lots of low, exposed beams and open studwork. Large inglenook fireplace with woodburning stove, 2 sofas, display cupboard, Flatscreen TV with DVD player.
- Dining area with antique pine table and 4 chairs. A corner cupboard houses a CD player/radio
- Fully fitted kitchen with plenty of storage space as well as a 4 ring gas hob and electric oven, Microwave, Espresso Coffee machine, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine. The bathroom is accessed via this room.
- Bathroom with antique, deep, high-sided hip bath (a stool is provided), high level w.c. and washbasin
- Steep cottage stairs with rope lead to:
- Single bedroom with small chest of drawers, bedside table, light, french hooks and chair
- Double bedroom with lovely old oak floorboards, brass bedstead, chest of drawers, two easy chairs, bedside tables and lamps. Dressing room off with plenty of clothes storage space. N.B. there is quite a low beam so please mind your head! Views of Peasenhall main street.
- Long south-facing garden with many quiet and sunny sitting areas. Unfenced but shallow pond
- The garden backs onto paddocks
- Former stable where bikes can be kept
- Parking both to the side of the cottage (private) and in front (public)
- Logs provided for the woodburner
- In the interest of other holidaymakers, visitors are asked not to smoke in the cottage
- Heating, electricity, bed linen and towels included in the price. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- The Sibton White Horse - tel. 01728 660337. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- An unlimited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
Absolutely delightful and privilege to be able to stay in such a lovely historic cottageMrs Debby Faulkner-Stevens - 18th September 2018
An absolute gem of a cottage - so historic and beautiful. A real delight to say in somewhere so old. Clean, beautifully appointed with every little extra thought ofMrs Debby Faulkner-Stevens - 24th April 2018
Lovely property and a joy to stay in.Mr Martin Cole - 17th February 2018
What a treat to be able to stay in such a pretty and historic cottage with a wealth of beams and character. Very well equipped with many thoughtful extras and a lovely large garden to relax in. The cottage has a cosy and welcoming atmosphere and the bonus of very friendly neighbours. We have stayed several times and it feels like 'home' when we unlock the door, Wonderful!Mrs Debby Faulkner-Stevens - 20th September 2017
Homely and well-appointed. A cosy and characterful retreat to hide from wintry weather for a few days, I would return.Clive G, Kent - 28th November 2015
Cottage exceeded expectations and everything went like clockwork.Debby F-S, Buckinghamshire - 29th March 2015
Happy to recommend Rosecot to anyone wanting to holiday here! Thank you again.A previous customer - 25th March 2015
Just wanted to drop you a note to say thanks for the absolutely lovely stay we had at Rosecot over New Year, it was just fabulous.A previous customer - 3rd January 2015
We have enjoyed a much needed mini holiday in this lovely cottage and garden. We liked its location in the village and the easy access to the beautiful coast.A previous customer - 22nd September 2014
Well equipped cottage with many interesting pictures and features.Helen M, Northamptonshire - 12th August 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price