Suffolk self catering holiday property sleeping up to 14. Set in the midst of some of the most attractive rolling countryside in Suffolk, these wonderful barns provide the perfect setting for holidaying families and adult groups. With an outdoor heated swimming pool (available from second Bank Holiday in May through to the end of the first week in September), a fishing lake, children's play field with fort and football, and acres of meadow land in which to relax and walk, this is paradise.
HADLEIGH 4.4 km, MONKS ELEIGH 3.4 km, LAVENHAM 8.2 km, LONG MELFORD 13.8 km, IPSWICH 15 km
About the property: A Victorian threshing barn with galleried dining room, brick and flagstone floors and beams galore set at right angles to the old stables, all on the ground floor, with its wonderful farmhouse kitchen/dining room. French doors from both properties open onto the terrace and the heated swimming pool and of course you have 30 acres of wonderful private meadows, lakes, riverbank and woods to explore during your stay.
Grounds: Each barn has its own private garden with barbecue and table and chairs, beyond which is the stable block, where there is a great collection of toddler's toys including pedal tractors and dumper trucks. Beyond the yard are acres of beautiful meadows, a superb fishing lake and beyond that acres of paddocks where sheep and cattle graze. There is a large fenced field with enormous play fort - the children will love it - and with all this space you can even enjoy a game of football.
The River Brett, Semer's ancient woods and the delightful little village of Kersey are all within a short walk.
Parking: There is plenty of off road parking for 6 or 7 cars.
Sleeps: 14 in 4 king sized doubles, 1 twin, 1 bunk bedded room (full sized bunks), and 2 single bedrooms. Two of the double bedrooms have full sized wooden cots.
The two properties are ideal for adults and children alike; babies are really well catered for with provision of stair gates, changing mats, cots, high chairs etc.
Minimum Hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week in which case changeover is on a Friday.
Eating and Drinking: Two wonderful farmhouse kitchens, one with a beautiful Victorian, scrubbed, wooden preparation table, both with an excellent supply of kitchen equipment, large fridges and ample freezer space; cooking will be a joy.
Supplies of fresh local vegetables, free range meats etc. can be purchased nearby at Hollow Trees Farm Shop where there is also an excellent cafe and farm walk for children.
The Bell in Kersey is a great traditional Suffolk pub (you might have seen it featured in one of the 'Meerkat' adverts) with good food and a really nice atmosphere. For a really smart meal try The Bildeston Crown or the The Great House, Lavenham.
Entertainment: Flat screen TVs, DVD players and music centres. There is an excellent choice of DVDs and CDs for you to enjoy, as well as a really wide selection of books and games for all ages. Outdoor heated swimming pool (open from Whitsun to the end of September, weather permitting).
Packing tips: Wellingtons and walking boots will be very useful so you can enjoy those beautiful countryside walks, a delight at any time of year. Bicycles if you like cycling, the country lanes are a delight. Bring your fishing rod if you fancy some carp fishing and do not forget beach towels, fishing nets and crabbing lines as you can reach the Suffolk coast in around forty minutes.
- Sleeps 14
- Swimming pool
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 2.6 miles
- Nearest pub 2.2 miles
- 24.4 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Utility room - the tiled floor will tolerate outside boots and shoes, there are plenty of hooks for coats as well as a large fridge freezer, chest freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer, lots of fitted cupboards
- Kitchen: Flagstone floors in this large farmhouse kitchen with kitchen table and eight chairs, 2-oven electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, toaster, and kettle. Sliding windows open to the dining room beyond
- A magnificent room with double height ceiling and gallery - the dining room has a large dining table and chairs (loads of room for a Christmas dinner) with side board and floor to ceiling bookcase with a large selection of books. There are sofas and coffee tables overlooking the window, a good spot for reading the papers or relaxing after the meal. French doors open onto the rear terrace and the heated outdoor pool
- The drawing room has a wood floor with rugs, a large wood burning stove, two large sofas, armchairs, flat screen TV with DVD, stereo with CD players, antique cabinets, coffee tables and lamps
- Beyond the sitting room is a small games room which doubles as a coat and boot room with door to the private terraced garden
- The wooden staircase leading to the first floor is circular but not steep and has a rail
- The staircase leads up to the gallery overlooking the dining room, this is heavily beamed and has a vaulted ceiling with large chandelier. A stair gate is available
- Family bathroom with laminate flooring, bath with handheld shower and electric shower, wash basin, w.c., bidet, storage cupboard and radiator with towel rail above
- Bedroom 1 : A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, fitted wardrobe, vaulted ceiling and east facing window with views over the meadows and lake. There is a full sized wooden cot available
- Bedroom 2: A bunk bedroom with bedside cupboard, wardrobe with drawers
- Follow the elegant gallery around (there is a single step) to
- Bedroom 3: A twin bedded room with bedside tables, wardrobe and dressing table and chair. Door leading to shared en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair and window overlooking the surrounded countryside. Door to shared en suite bathroom
- En suite bathroom with large corner shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- There is a first floor sitting room with sofa, coffee table, writing desk and chair and wi fi, and which enjoys magnificent views over the surrounding fields and the lake
All living accommodation is on the ground floor
- The front door opens into a really large open-plan kitchen / dining room with large farmhouse dining table, storage cupboard and pew seat
- The kitchen has a tiled floor and a large Victorian preparation table in the middle of the room. There is a Rangemaster with 5 burners, oven and separate grill, loads of fitted cupboards, butler sink, larder, large fridge freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink and chest freezer
- Shower room with large walk in shower with seat area, wash basin, w.c. storage shelves and radiator
- Double doors open from the dining room into the sitting room where there are sofas and chairs, coffee tables and lamps, a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD, radio and stereo, and door to private garden with patio and grassed areas
- A corridor leads from the sitting room to the bedrooms, where there is a desk and chair (wi fi) and bookcase with excellent choice of books
- Bedroom 1: A single bedroom with full sized single bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Bedroom 2: A single bedroom with full sized single bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Family bathroom with roll top bath with handheld shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe, mirror and chest of drawers
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair
- Both properties have their own gated private terrace with barbecue and seating area
- There are French doors from both properties to the heated swimming pool (available from second May Bank holiday through to September) and terrace.
- Beyond the barns is a stable area, once home to National point and hunter chaser horses including several national champions, now one of the stables stores lots of outside toys for children. There is a raised pond and fountain in the middle of the yard
- There is a large, well stocked fishing lake where holidaymakers are welcome to fish
- The track leads onto a large field with children's play fort and football goal post
- The rest of the farm is made over to pasture and meadowland and visitors are welcome to roam the fields and follow the paths to the river
- There are stables available to bring your horses should you wish to hack in the surrounding area, please enquire at time of booking.
- Central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for swimming. All duvets (summer and winter) and pillows are fibre filled so suitable for those with allergies. If using travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- Parking for around 6 - 7 cars in the drive
- An unlimited broadband/wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- Local caterers Angel-Delights offer a complete range of catering options from full dinner parties to cake deliveries. Call 07900 900329
- The Bell Inn - tel. 01473 823229. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteron for your choice of property
- The large rectangular pool (approx. 35' x 15') is heated between late-May and the end of the first week in September (weather depending). It is kept at a very comfortable 25 - 30 C and the depth ranges from 3' in the shallow end to 8' in the deep end where there is a diving board. The old courtyard is very private and a wonderful suntrap. There are a number of sun loungers/chairs available for soaking up the rays. The pool is for the sole use of guests during their stay with us.
- Two travel cots and two high chairs are provided.
A good space to have an extended family holiday. Mr John Higham - 20th June 2018
Bridge farm barns was beautiful. The houses/ cottage land lake were amazing. Couldn't of asked for a better place to stay and thank you to your company for very quick responses and your help. Emma - 7th May 2018
We all had a fantastic stay here at the barns. Â Comfy beds, a well equipped kitchen, plenty of space and our favourite part of the barn, the large dining area. Â Perfect place for a large family to party! Â It was wonderful waking up to the sound of horses and a beautiful view over the lake. Â We most definitely would stay here again but maybe in the summer so we could get use of the pool. Â Thank you.A previous customer - 7th November 2016
A happy family holiday, very much enjoyed the beautiful countryside with expeditions, walks, splashing about in the pool and fishing. Â Excellent child facilities and well equipped kitchen. Â Thank you.A previous customer - 12th August 2016
It is just the most perfect spot for a family gathering. We had glorious weather, the pool was a godsend, we spent each day in and around the pool. The older children could have a fair degree of freedom. We did not feel the need to go anywhere else, we enjoyed the grounds around us, everything was well catered for. We all had such a great time.A previous customer - 5th July 2016
We have had an amazing time. 26 friends and family through the two barns over 8 days. Â Wonderful dinner parties and visits around Suffolk. Â Swimming every day. Â Many thanks. Â We've loved our time here.A previous customer - 1st July 2016
We really enjoyed staying at the Barn and Stable cottages. All amenities suited the needs of all party members of 11 people, from 8 year boy to two teenage girls and 85 year old parents. Everything was as it said it would be and the owner even gave us an extra table without request and left a lovely welcome package for our arrival. We would thoroughly recommend these properties for a stay at any time of year.Mrs Jane Balderstone
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Cookery Workshop and Entertainment
Have fun and learn some new skills with a cookery workshop from local chef Emma Crowhurst
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Prosecco O'Clock Private Prosecco Party
Whether it is to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or just ‘because’, there’s always an excuse for a sparkling celebration with a Private Prosecc...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.