A beautiful self catering holiday cottage in the heart of the Suffolk countryside close to Wickham Market with the beach in reach.
The Old Stables is a delightful 2 bedroom holiday home, perfect for two couples or a family planning to explore the many footpaths around Woodbridge and the coast.
The property is an excellent conversion of the former stable block, well laid out with accommodation all on one level. The living room is light and spacious retaining original features with a vaulted ceiling. Full length French doors lead from the dining room onto the private patio, the perfect spot to relax, switch off the mobile and just take a breath of country air. The two bedrooms are beautifully furnished; one double and one twin, both have floor to ceiling windows which let the light flood in. The property is surrounded by 1800 acres of farmland with some lovely circular walks on the doorstep, The Old Stables is an idyllic country escape and a great spot for bird watching with Yellow Hammers and Whitethroats in the hedgerows and Blackcaps and Willow Warblers in copses and plantations.
The nearby village of Pettistree has a local pub, a great option for dining out with an excellent menu, great wines and beers. Alternatively, Wickham Market is about a mile away where you can shop for everyday essentials or stop off for a spot of lunch.
Shop 1.6 miles, pub 1.6 miles, coast 5.7 miles
Why we love this property… it offers the best of both worlds - countryside walks on the doorstep and a great pub nearby. It’s also just a short drive to Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast.
Ground floor accommodation - all on one level
Living room: two sofas, coffee tables, flat screen TV , DVD, Sky box and broadband connection. Small library of DVDs and books. Dining area: Dining table and six chairs. French doors to the patio area. Kitchen: ceramic hob, large oven, fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave, toaster, kettle and dishwasher and a good supply of saucepans and casseroles and plenty of cupboard space. Bedroom 1: twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe, chest of drawers, bedroom chair. Bedroom 2: king size bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, walls hooks and hangers. Bathroom: roll top bath, double size walk in shower, wash basin and w.c., large heated towel rail and free standing bathroom unit. Walk in utility cupboard: washing machine, drying rack, ironing board etc.
Parking: large shingle drive with parking space for several cars to the front of the property.
Outside: good sized paved patio to the rear, table, chairs and parasol. It is fully fenced and very private.
Sleeps: 4 in 1 king and 1 twin bedroom
Minimum hire: Three nights. High season minimum stay 1 week.
Pets: Sorry no pets allowed.
Heating: central heating, underfloor heating in the living room.
Notes: bed linen and towels included. Please bring your own beach towels. No smoking. Limited broadband / WiFi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost. No smoking. Bring your bicycles, there is plenty of storage space at the property.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 1.6 miles
- Nearest pub 1.6 miles
- 5.7 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All accommodation is on the Ground Floor
- Entrance door to living room with sitting room to the left with two sofas, coffee tables, flat screen TV , DVD, Sky box and broadband connection. There is a small library of DVDs and books. The dining area leads through french doors to the patio area. The dining table seats six people
- The kitchen is well equipped with ceramic hob, large oven, fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave, toaster, kettle and dishwasher and a good supply of saucepans and casseroles and plenty of cupboard space.
- Bedroom 1 has a twin beds with bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers, bedroom chair
- Bedroom 2 has a king size bed with bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, and walls hooks and hangers
- There is a large bathroom with roll top bath, double size walk in shower, wash basin and w.c., large heated towel rail and free standing bathroom unit
- There is a large walk in cupboard with washing machine, drying rack, ironing board etc
- To the front of the cottage is a large area of shingle drive with adequate parking for several cars
- To the rear of the cottage is a good sized paved patio with table, chairs and parasol. It is fully fenced and very private
- Broadband for your laptop
- Centrally heated.
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- There is plenty of space for bikes etc if you would like to bring them with you
- Wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.