Special Offers: Check out this 10% discount on summer bookings
Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 10 people, using 5 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFBE10.
An extensive and beautiful barn conversion in the heart of rural Suffolk, yet close to the Suffolk coast at Southwold. Set in attractive countryside surrounded by delightful farm and woodland walks and bridleways, this is an ideal setting in which to unwind.
BECCLES 4 miles (6 km), BUNGAY 4 miles (6 km), HALESWORTH 7.5 miles (12 km), SOUTHWOLD 14 miles (22.5 km)
Surrounded by beautiful Suffolk countryside, Becks Green Barn near Southwold is truly spectacular, recently converted to a high standard. Spacious inside and out, creature comforts are the priority. On an arable farm, views from the barn look out over the paddocks, where horses and ponies crop the grass. There is something for everyone here.
Walk the miles of farm and woodland paths or have a swim in the heated pool (available to holidaymakers by arrangement with the owners). Lead-rein pony riding and accompanied hacks for current Pony Club members with Pony Club D Test or above are available by arrangement with the owners. You can even bring your own horses and ponies by prior arrangement.
Overview: A large vaulted drawing/dining room with stunning picture windows enjoys views over the fields, with a large fire and a flat screen TV. Above is the attractive master suite, again with great countryside views. The majority of bedrooms are on the ground floor, where there is also some wheelchair access (making this property suitable for those with walking difficulties). As well as a bedroom to suit the frail or elderly there is a great children's room and en-suite accommodation well situated for a nanny or mother's help.
Highlights: A spectacular rural Suffolk setting. Beautifully converted barns with a vaulted ceiling in the drawing room and a large wood burning stove - magnificent. An all-weather hard tennis court, ponies and horses with accompanied rides.
A combination of beautiful antique furniture with contemporary fixtures and fittings. Lovely bathrooms.
Situation: A popular area for horse riding and cycling, with quiet country lanes and attractive bridleways, close to the popular Suffolk coastal town of Southwold and the hidden beaches of Benacre and Covehithe. The ancient Broads towns of Beccles and Bungay are also close by, with some fine ancient buildings, fascinating shops, museums and opportunities for boating and lovely riverside walks.
Hidden away in a largely undiscovered area of countryside close to Southwold and Beccles, Ilketshall St Andrew (just a few minutes walk up the lane) is a tiny hamlet with little more than a village green, a large pond where local fishermen while away the hours, and some traditional Suffolk cottages.
Nearest pub: The Huntsmen and Hounds Pub, Spexhall (3.5 miles) and several great pubs in Beccles.
- Sleeps 14
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 21 miles
- Nearest pub 1.6 miles
- 10.8 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- The large entrance hall has a table with drawers, chairs and area for coats and boots
- A door leads to a cloakroom with wash basin, w.c. and towel rail
- Beside the cloakroom is a shower room with wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 1: With double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space and easy chair (outside door allowing wheel chair access)
- Bedroom 2: A twin bedded room with bedside table and lamp, wardrobe with shelving and chaise longe
- To the other side of the hall is the sitting room
- Sitting room with double height ceiling, and enormous bay window overlooking the farm and fields, window seat, sofas, coffee tables and chairs, flat screen TV and DVD; there is a large woodburning stove
- The dining area has a long refectory style oak table, bench seating and chairs to seat 14 people
- From the dining area a staircase leads to the first floor master suite
- The kitchen is fully fitted and well equipped with hob, electric oven, double sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, microwave and loads of cupboards.
- A door from the kitchen leads to a wide hallway with drinks/storage cupboard and double doors to the large veranda
- Bedroom 3: A large bedroom with double bed, bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging cupboard. Views over the veranda and the paddocks and fields beyond
- Bedroom 4: Double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and views over the vehanda and the fields and paddocks beyond
- Bathroom 2: With bath and overhead shower, washbasin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Bedroom 5: A large twin bedroom which can easily double up as a playroom or snug. Twin beds with bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, occasional table with TV, sofa and loads of games
- A door from the twin room leads into Bedroom 5. Bedroom 5 and 6 are ideal for a group of children and a nanny's room
- Bedroom 6: A spacious bedroom overlooking the paddocks with small double and pull-out single bed, bedside lamps, occasional table, chest of drawers, hanging space
- Ensuite shower room to bedroom 6 with shower and w.c., washbasin
- A picket fence surrounds the front of the property and leads up to the covered wooden veranda with bench seats either side; log and welly storage
- A wooden staircase leads up to the master bedroom suite
- Hallway with desk with comfy chair and view over the drawing room
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bathroom with bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The covered seating area and garden with outside table and chairs is surrounded by a picket fence making this a great space for younger children to play, as well as for barbecues - using the large gas-fired Outback barbecue - and al fresco eating
- There is a large gravelled parking area with parking for around six cars
- Becks Green Barn is a barn conversion on a working farm. Separated from the farm house, the barn has its own private drive, garden and parking area. Parents with youngsters are advised to keep children away from farm machinery and animals; however all farming activity, stables etc. are fenced off and whilst horses and ponies can be seen in the nearby paddocks the area around the barn is gated giving younger children an area in which to play
- With views over the surrounding farmland there is access to farmland walks and bridleways and lots of opportunities for cycling
- There is an outdoor heated swimming pool which visitors may use on Thursday afternoons during the summer months (Whitsun to beginning September) and at other times by arrangement with the owner. There is an all year round hard surface tennis court
- Oil central heating throughout and large log fire in the drawing room
- Bed linen and towels are included. Please bring own swimming towels
- Washing machine and dryer are located in the family bathroom
- In the interest of other holidaymakers, visitors are requested not to smoke in the house
- Riding is available on the farm but please note accompanied hacks are only available to current Pony Club members with D+ test or above. Leading rein rides available, children to be accompanied by an adult
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as booking conditions are met.
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- A limited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 7th July 2017||£1,953.00|
|7th July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£2,127.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£1,953.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£1,656.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£1,953.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£1,656.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£2,835.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
The Barn was very homely and we had everything we needed and we appreciated the wine and the flowers.A previous customer - 5th January 2016
We had a very special weekend - thank you. The owner was very helpful and bringing flowers on our first day was a lovely touch. The home was well stocked, catering for our every need. We would be happy to return one day.A previous customer - 24th June 2015