Special Offers: Enjoy a last minute April holiday to Lavenham with a 10% discounted stay at Pilgrims. Book online or call 01394 389189 to redeem.
DescriptionA delightful holiday cottage in the heart of Lavenham, Suffolk. The perfect property from which to explore Lavenham, one of the best preserved wool towns in west Suffolk, as well as the delights of the area, its wool towns and fine countryside.
LONG MELFORD 5 miles (8.5 km), BURY ST EDMUNDS 12 miles (19 km), CAMBRIDGE 39 miles (63 km), ALDEBURGH and the SUFFOLK COAST around 40 miles
About the Property: Pilgrims is a delightful Lavenham Cottage and ideal for holidays. Pilgrims has been newly refurbished and refitted to provide excellent self-catering accommodation. One of the many delightful traditional cottages in this gem of a town, Pilgrims is surprisingly spacious for 3 people with a large L-shaped kitchen, comfortable sitting room and pretty garden.
Exploring: Lavenham is the most complete and original of the medieval wool towns, with crooked timbered and whitewashed buildings lining its narrow streets. Lavenham flourished in the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries as one of the leading wool and cloth-making centres in the land. To our great fortune, little has changed and the medieval street pattern still exists with over 300 buildings officially listed as being of architectural and historical interest, including the famous Guildhall, a superb 16th century timbered building, originally the meeting place of the Guild of Corpus Christi. Almost as remarkable is Little Hall, a 15th century hall house.
These wonderful historic buildings have more recently taken on a new role when parts of Lavenham were transformed to create the magical village of 'Godric's Hollow' for the filming of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. As you step out of the front door of Pilgrims, fans of Harry Potter may find themselves wandering past the home of a number of notable wizarding families including the house where Harry Potter's parents lived when he was a baby. In fact, right opposite Pilgrims is the house which was used for much of the filming, with magnificent views from the front windows!
Lavenham makes a wonderful centre from which to explore surrounding historic towns including Long Melford and Bury St Edmunds, and of course no visit to Suffolk would be complete without a visit to the beautiful heritage coast at Aldeburgh, Southwold and Orford.
Eating and Drinking out: There are a number of excellent restaurants, cafes and pubs in Lavenham in which to dine including the Great House for a great Sunday lunch or special evening meal and a wine bar, Number 10, which is just round the corner from Pilgrims.
Self Catering: Most big name supermarkets will deliver to Lavenham, however, there are a handful of local food shops within a short drive of Pilgrims. Wheldons Farm Shop, Sudbury is just 14 minutes drive from Lavenham, stocking a range of local fruit and vegetables. Closer still is Hollow Trees Farm Shop selling traditional farm produce. Children will love walking around the farm itself - a great day trip.
For more information on the area, please see Visit Lavenham, our online guide.
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 30.7 miles from the coast
- Entrance into sitting room with two sofas, coffee table, tv/dvd, coal effect electric fire and CD player
- Through to large fitted kitchen with dining area. Kitchen is equipped with dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with freezer compartment, electric cooker, hob, microwave and table with 4 chairs. A stable door leads to cottage garden
- Cottage staircase with hand rail to bedrooms and bathroom
- Spacious double bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, armchair, chest of drawers, walk-in cupboard with hanging space and mirror and views of the magnificent 13th century priory
- Single bedroom with bedside table and lamp, washbasin and sitting area with views over the garden, chest of drawers and hanging space
- Bathroom with bath, shower screen and shower over the bath, w.c., wash basin and heated towel rail
- Gas fired central heating and hot water
- Garden with garden furniture
- Bedlinen and towels provided (not beach towels). If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Guests are asked not to smoke anywhere on the property please
- The Greyhound, Lavenham - 01787 247475. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- An unlimited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- Delightful cottage garden with 2 seating areas, table and chairs, and winding path to end of garden
- Parking: There is un-limited on-street parking outside the front of the cottage.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|A||21st April 2017 - 4th May 2017||£486.00|
|B||5th May 2017 - 25th May 2017||£543.00|
|C||26th May 2017 - 1st June 2017||£618.00|
|B||2nd June 2017 - 20th July 2017||£543.00|
|C||21st July 2017 - 31st August 2017||£618.00|
|B||1st September 2017 - 28th September 2017||£543.00|
|A||29th September 2017 - 19th October 2017||£486.00|
|B||20th October 2017 - 26th October 2017||£543.00|
|A||27th October 2017 - 21st December 2017||£486.00|
|C||22nd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£618.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
We had a fantastic stay in Lavenham to celebrate my 60th. Can really recommend the Swan Hotel's spa and the Lavenham walk to Long Melford. Loved the cottage - beautifully presented and the little touches such as the tissues in the rooms, sweets on the side and welcoming biscuits and milk made all the difference. Thank you for making my birthday weekend perfect!Mrs Walker - 11th July 2016
First visit to Suffolk. We've had a lovely week exploring. The cottage was warm and cosy to come back to.A previous customer - 19th March 2016
What a lovely little cottage! We were very comfy. Thank you for the little 'extras' - much appreciated. Would like to return for longer next time!A previous customer - 13th October 2015