In the heart of the Suffolk countryside sits Rowhedge Farm Cottage. Formely a farmworkers abode, this delightful detached cottage has been lovingly furnished to provide a homely, welcoming feel from the moment you enter the door.
About the property: Deceptively spacious, Rowhedge Farm Cottage oozes warmth and character. The country-style kitchen, with all the mod-cons you could need for a relaxing holiday, reflects its farm location and is cosy and charming. It even comes complete with gorgeous Cath Kidston mugs! The generous sized sitting room comes complete with large log-burning stove - so comforting in winter time. Sliding french doors lead out to the patio area and garden - you may even see deer, badgers and rabbits as the sun starts to set... Upstairs there are two charming double bedrooms, the master bedroom is incredibly spacious, with two built in wardrobes for storage. The family bathroom upstairs has been newly fitted, and comes complete with distant views of the fields beyond.
Sleeps: 4 in 2 double beds. 2 well behaved dogs are also permitted. Sadly, due to personal circumstances, dogs will not be allowed at Rowhedge Cottage for bookings taken between April and end of July 2018. One horse is also allowed by prior arrangement - for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking: There is off-street parking for 2-3 cars behind Rowhedge Farm Cottage.
This property is ideal for: A small family or 2 couples looking to escape to the Suffolk countryside to truly 'switch off' and explore. Although there is no wifi, the owners use 3G themselves and find the connection to be very good. Wifi can be picked up at nearby pubs and restaurants in Long Melford and Lavenham. For those who like getting out and about there is a direct footpath to Long Melford from the cottage - perfect for taking a picnic; don't forget to bring a camera too! For those who enjoy cycling there are plenty of routes to discover - why not head for a pub lunch in Lavenham? For children, there is plenty to entertain including Kentwell Hall in Long Melford with a year round programme of activities, including an outdoor cinema in the summer, to a 'Scaresville' event at Halloween. Rowhedge Farm Cottage also sits on the Melford Hall estate. A National Trust property, it is open year round and has strong links to Beatrix Potter, with many themed events and walks being held, take a look here. There is also a tea room on site - well worth a visit.
Situated on the outskirts of the village of Alpheton, between Long Melford and Lavenham, Rowhedge Farm Cottage has the benefit of being within a short driving distance of three major wedding venues, including Alpheton Hall Barns, Kentwell Hall, Moreves Barn and Boxted Hall, making it perfect accommodation for guests and relatives.
Self-catering eating and drinking: There are a handful of independent farm shops just a short drive from Rowhedge Farm Cottage. Wheldons Farm Shop, Sudbury is just 17 minute drive, stocking a range of local fruit and vegetables. Slightly further too is Hollow Trees Farm Shop selling traditional farm produce. Children will love walking around the farm itself - a great day trip. There is also a small Co-Op store in Lavenham.
Eating and drinking out: There are plenty of restaurants and pubs in nearby Lavenham, just a 10 minute drive away. You'll be sure to find yourself exploring the charming historic streets afterwards. For a fantastic Sunday lunch we recommend Great House or for a special meal, head to Number 10. Equally, Long Melford also has a delightful selection of pubs, restaurants and cafes - many locals take part in the 'Long Melford mile' on a Friday, going from pub to pub!
Location: Rowhedge Farm Cottage is situated on a working, arable farm. There may be occasional farm traffic.
Pets: There are two dogs on site (Major and General) who stay in the owners garden. Guests are asked to watch their dogs at all times when in the garden and to keep them on a lead when on the footpaths.
Children: There are farm buildings on site and parents are asked to watch children and make sure that they do not explore these. There is also an unfenced pond in the garden.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- No WiFi
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 3.5 miles
- Nearest pub 3.3 miles
- 34.3 miles from the coast
- The front door opens unto a tiled hallway.
- Fully fitted, country style kitchen with plenty of utensils and cooking equipment. Table and chairs for 4, washing machine, 4 slice toaster, kettle, cafetiere, dishwasher, electric oven with grill, 4 ring hob, fridge, freezer, microwave, radio and a selection of cookery books. A door opens onto a small pantry with coat hooks, clothes airer, hoover, mop/bucket and broom.
- Cloakroom with w.c., basin, coat hooks and umbrella.
- Sitting room with 3 seat sofa, rattan chair, armchair, coffee tables, lamps, TV with DVD player, bookcase with books, log burning stove with a starter pack of wood, selection of DVD's and boardgames. Sliding french doors open onto the garden.
- A wide, straight staircase with 13 steps (no handrail) leads to the first floor landing.
- Family bathroom with w.c., basin, bath with overhead shower. Views of the the countryside in the distance from the window.
- Master Bedroom with Double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, chest of drawers, 2 rattan occasional chairs, hairdryer and 2 generous fitted wardrobe. Views of the front garden from the window.
- Bedroom 2 with Double bed, bedside drawer unit and lamp, hairdryer, occasional chair, wardrobe with hanging and drawer space.
- A large, unfenced garden is available to guests. Holidaymakers are kindly requested to not leave dogs unattended at any time as it does open onto the farm track.
- Seating area with table and chairs for four. There is also a charcoal barbecue.
- Open, unfenced pond to the right of the cottage. The owner is happy for holidaymakers to fish in the pond - but is not sure what (if any) fish live there.
- Central heating is included.
- Bed linen and towels provided, but please bring your own beach towels if you are planning a trip to the coast.
- Please do not smoke in Rowhedge Farm Cottage.
- Off street parking for 2-3 cars.
- One horse is also permitted - for more information, please email email@example.com
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.