A self catering holiday cottage in a farmland setting in the tiny hamlet of Semer, near Hadleigh, Suffolk. This utterly comfortable single storey barn conversion is the perfect holiday destination. A great holiday property for children, there are loads of games, outside sit-on toys and a great climbing castle. Surrounded by acres and acres of beautiful countryside, this is a wonderful area to explore on foot, or you might prefer to stay put and do some fishing in the lake or take a swim in the pool.
HADLEIGH 3.5 miles, MONKS ELEIGH 3 miles, LAVENHAM 6.5 miles, LONG MELFORD 12 miles, IPSWICH 12.5 miles
The old tack room and stable block have been skilfully converted to form a charming single storey property. All living accommodation therefore is on the ground floor with one step into the property and one from the sitting room to the corridor leading to the bedrooms beyond.
Well it just gets better. There is an outdoor heated pool (shared with the Old Barn self-catering property next door - the two can be rented together for larger groups to form Bridge Farm Barns) and a very private gated garden leading out from the French windows in the sitting room. On a lovely farm, now mainly meadows, children can play in the old stable yard where there are lots of lovely sit-on toys.
There is a well stocked fishing lake and a wonderful wooden fort in the field beyond, large enough to be enjoyed by toddlers and teenagers. With acres and acres of meadowland to enjoy, woodland walks and footpaths over the hill to Kersey and beyond you might be tempted to leave the car in the drive.
This really is a stunningly pretty area, the delightful countryside with the winding River Brett close to the farm, is peppered by traditional and unspoilt villages and old market towns.
Parking: Plenty of off road parking for 2-3 cars
Sleeps: Sleeps 6 in 3 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedded room
Eating and Drinking:
A wonderful farmhouse kitchen with a beautiful Victorian scrubbed wooden preparation table and an excellent supply of kitchen equipment, large fridge and ample freezer space - cooking will be a real pleasure. Supplies of fresh local vegetables, free range meats etc., can be purchased near by at Hollow Trees Farm Shop where there is also an excellent cafe and farm walk for children.
The Bell in Kersey is a great traditional Suffolk pub in a picture postcard setting - good food and a really nice atmosphere. For a really smart meal try The Bildeston Crown or the The Great House, Lavenham.
Flat screen TV, DVD player and music centre.
There is an excellent choice of DVDs and CDs for you to enjoy, as well as a really wide selection of books and games for all ages.
Wellingtons and walking boots will be very useful so you can enjoy those beautiful countryside walks, a delight at any time of year. Bicycles if you enjoy cycling - the country lanes are not over-burdened by traffic. Young children will enjoy pedaling tricycles etc around the farmyard. Bring your fishing rod if you fancy some carp fishing and don't forget beach towels, fishing nets, crabbing lines as you can reach the Suffolk coast in around forty minutes. And of course your swimming costume!
For more information on the area, please visit our online guides, Visit Lavenham and Visit Constable Country
- Hot tub
- Sleeps 6
- Swimming pool
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 2.6 miles
- Nearest pub 2.2 miles
- 24.4 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All accommodation is on the Ground Floor
- The front door opens into a really large open-plan kitchen/diner with a farmhouse dining table and 6 chairs, storage cupboard, pew bench and highchair. The kitchen has a tiled floor and an island unit in the middle of the room. There is a Rangemaster (calor gas) with 5 burners, oven and separate grill, loads of fitted cupboards, butler sink, larder, microwave, toaster, large fridge and dishwasher. There is also a radio and stereo
- Utility Room with washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink and freezer.
- Shower room with large walk in shower with seat area, wash basin, WC, storage shelves and radiator
- Double doors open from the dining room into the sitting room where there are two sofas, coffee table and lamps, a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD with double doors leading out to small patio area and garden with BBQ and round metal table and chairs
- A corridor leads from the sitting room to the bedrooms with a large bookcase with an excellent choice of books and toys
- Bedroom 1: A twin bedroom with full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Bedroom 2: A double bedroom with full sized double bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chair and shelf.
- Family bathroom with roll top bath with hand held shower, wash basin with a stool for children, heated towel rail, mirror with cupboard and shelf, w.c. and tower of three storage baskets.
- Bedroom 3: A double bedroom with king sized bed bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and coat hangers and mirror.
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair and stool and small electric heater.
- A gated private garden with terrace, grassed area and shrubs, barbecue and seating area
- French doors from the sitting room lead to the terrace and heated swimming pool and terrace
- Beyond the barn is a stable area, once home to National point and hunter chaser horses including several national champions, now one of the stables stores lots of outside toys for children. There is a raised pond and fountain in the middle of the yard
- There is a large, well stocked fishing lake where holidaymakers are welcome to fish
- The track leads onto a large field with children's play fort and football goal post.
- The rest of the farm is made over to pasture and meadow land and visitors are welcome to roam the fields and follow the paths to the river
- There are stables available to bring your horses should you wish to hack in the surrounding area, please enquire at time of booking.
- Oil fired central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for swimming. All duvets (summer and winter) and pillows are fibre filled so suitable for those with allergies.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- The pool is heated from Whitsun to the end of September (weather permitting)
- An unlimited broadband/wifi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- There are full size wooden cots available. If using these, please provide your own bedding for them.
- The large rectangular pool (approx. 35' x 15') is heated between late-May and end September (weather depending). It is kept at a very comfortable 25 - 30 C and the depth ranges from 3' in the shallow end to 8' in the deep end where there is a diving board. The old courtyard is very private and a wonderful suntrap. There are a number of sun loungers/chairs available for soaking up the rays. The pool is for the sole use of guests during their stay
Lovely cottage in a beautiful setting. Very well appointed and the decorated, REAL Christmas tree was a very nice touch and much appreciated. Would highly recommend :)Mrs Holly Campbell - 31st December 2017
We had a lovely holiday and the quality of the accommodation and extras for the kids made it extra special. Thank you. Mrs G Tiddy - 8th August 2017
A lovely well-equipped cottage. Â We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and doing some fishing. Â Will definitely come back again.The Bates Family - 26th August 2016
The cottage is so well equipped and we had a lovely time. The sun shone and we enjoyed sitting by the pool watching our brave 4 year old granddaughterÂ diving in. There are lots of great places to visit and lots of nice pubs too.The Hadfield Family - 19th August 2016
A very relaxing break, sitting by the pool with the sun beating down, who needs Spain. Â We have enjoyed the barn and surrounding gardens, everything you need is here. Â Thank you so much for everything. Â Hope to see you again very soon.A previous customer - 28th July 2016
Comfortable and well equipped cottage in a peaceful loation with superb facilities. We really enjoyed swimming, fishing and playing in the wide open spaces (we caught a pike - 7lbs!) and put it in the river. Highly recommended the farm shop and trail for the children at Hollow Trees Farm. We also enjoyed feeding an elephant at Colchester Zoo!'A previous customer - 11th April 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.