ORFORD 3.6 miles (5.8km), SNAPE 6.8 miles (10.9km), WOODBRIDGE 7.9 miles (12.7km), ALDEBURGH 12.3 miles (19.8km), FRAMLINGHAM 13.9 miles (22.3km), SOUTHWOLD 25.4 miles (40.9km)
About the property: Situated in breathtaking countryside (an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), Coralline is a one-bedroom apartment within Butley Mills. On the first floor, accessed by an internal staircase, this cosy holiday let features an open plan kitchen and living area, with a small dining table. There are lovely Suffolk views of the reed beds and Butley creek to the west, and of the flowing river lined with Willows to the east. All windows are double glazed and sit behind the original iron grilles of the old mill windows.
The neat master bedroom features twin aspect views of Butley River; wake up to the gentle sound of flowing water, before digging your toes into the warm, sheepskin rugs either side of the bed.
Sleeps: 2 in one double bed.
Parking: There is a dedicated parking area immediately opposite the Mills.
This property is ideal for: Couples keen on walking and bird watching. Coralline is situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and on a Site of Special Scientific Interest. Lovers of the countryside will adore the magnificent views of reed beds, forest, Butley River and meadows and fields in all directions. Next door is Laurence Edward's studio; you can see one of his bronze sculptures in the reeds opposite the Mills. Rather basic, Coralline makes the perfect base for ramblers and for those keen to explore nearby Orford.
Music lovers will enjoy Snape Maltings, just a short drive from Butley. With it's impressive concert hall, you will find many concerts and productions taking place here throughout the year.
Why not get active with the whole family and have a go at mountain biking? There are some great trails around to suit all abilities - hire the high performance Trek Mountain Bikes and get exploring! Qualified guides can be arranged to lead your group, and lunches can be organised too. For information contact the Big House Holidays team on 01394 389188
Eating and drinking out: The closest eatery is The Froize Freehouse at Chillesford - easily within walking distance, taking 15 minutes on foot. Top quality, seasonal fresh food, sourced locally. The restaurant serves both lunch (everyday but Monday) and supper on Thursday - Saturday.
Pubs in Orford include The Kings Head Inn, serving excellent food and Adnams ale in front of the woodburner, and the equally delightful Jolly Sailor, right near Orford Quay. The Crown and Castle restaurant and bar in Orford has a truly unstressed and relaxing atmosphere, and serves really good, unpretentious food. Journey a little further out and you will find the The Crown Inn and The Golden Keyat Snape, both serving locally brewed Adnams ales.
As well as tea rooms and an array of good shops, Snape Maltings houses The Plough and Sail, a modern restaurant with a delicious menu consisting of local, fresh, seasonal ingredients - perfect before an evening performance at the famous Maltings concert hall!
Venture even further afield to Woodbridge or Aldeburgh and sample some of the top quality fare served in the pubs and restaurants. See Visit Woodbridge and Visit Aldeburgh for ideas.
Self catering eating: In nearby Orford, you will be well supplied with local produce. Fresh fish can be bought at Brinkley's Fish Shed, down by the quay, or from The Butley Orford Oysterage, where you can get oysters grown at Butley Creek, and freshly smoked trout, mackerel, cod roe, wild and farmed salmon, kippers and eel. For shopping, go to Orford General Store, which is just off Market Hill. From Wednesday through to Sunday try the Pump Street Bakery, a continental type patisserie/boulangerie for the crustiest bread and arguably the best doughnuts for miles!
For lots of information on things to do and places to eat in the area, please look at our own online guides Visit Orford, Visit Woodbridge, Visit Aldeburgh and Visit Framlingham.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 2 miles
- Nearest pub 2 miles
- 3.5 miles from the coast
Situated on the first floor within Butley Mill.
- There is a small entrance lobby with access to the bathroom, bedroom and living area. The living area has two cottage arm chairs, coffee table, flat screen TV with dvd player and include 'sky' service. The room is softly lit with wall lights and uplighting and a fan is provided for the warm Summer evenings. Between the sitting area and kitchen is a small table with two chairs.
- The kitchen is fully equipped with an electric four ring oven, small fridge with ice box, microwave oven, toaster, and kettle. Gaze from the window at the meadows beyond whilst brewing your tea.
- The neat master bedroom features twin aspect views of Butley River. With sheepskin rugs either side of the bed, a chest of drawers, wardrobe, bedside tables and lamps, and an electric heater to keep you cosy.
- The bathroom to the front of the apartment has a pine-panelled bath with a thermostatic Mira shower over, and a WC and wash basin. There is also a heated towel rail for luxury, a lighted mirror, and a mirrored medicine cabinet.
- On the ground floor of the Mills you will find a communal recreational room, which leads onto the fenced, riverside decking. Enjoy a BBQ, eat al-fresco, or simply watch the sun go down with a glass of wine.
Services and Additional Facilities
- On the ground floor of the Mills you will find a communal recreational room, with a sofas and pool table, storage room for bicycles and access onto the fenced decking area.
- Opposite the recreation room is the Sluice Room, where you will find the still-functioning sluice and lockers. From the Sluice Room is a door to the shared laundry room.
- From the Sluice Room is a door to the shared laundry room.
- Wifi provided. Internet speeds in Butley are slow and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- Private parking next to the Mill.
- Heat and light is included with electric radiators throughout. There is a hairdryer.
- All internal doors are self closing fire doors and a fire extinguisher and blanket are provided.
- Standard Sky package.
- For Children, there are 2 wooden cots and 2 high chairs available on request.
- There is a BBQ provided, with a starter pack of fuel.
Lovely warm apartment, views superb, well fitted out and plenty of room in the communal areas. We had a lovely ten day break and would go back again and would recommend the apartment to others.Rosemary W, Kent - 28th April 2015
We had a great holiday in Coralline - aÂ very comfortable stay and we would recommend it highly.The Bennetts - 23rd October 2014
We would just like to say that we had a really lovely stay at Coralline, Butley Mills. The apartment was all that we could have wanted and the welcome tea, biscuits and milk was a very nice touch. We would have no hesitation in recommending the Mill as a great base to explore that area. On our last morning, we were able to watch kingfishers and a cattle egret from the window!Mrs D, Lowestoft. - 28th February 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.