DescriptionIn the delightful seaside village of Orford, this traditional fisherman's cottage is within a few yards of the quay - great for crab fishing - and close to the lovely pubs and world famous restaurants of Orford
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19 km), SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42 km), FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22 km)
In the heart of the lovely coastal village of Orford, near Aldeburgh, Mariners Cottage is just a few yards from Orford quay and only a short walk from Market Hill and the imposing 12th century Orford Castle.
A 17th century mid terrace brick-constructed fisherman cottage nicely updated to create a comfortable holiday cottage for up to 4 people.
To the rear there is a small enclosed patio, very sheltered from the wind, in sun most of the day during the summer months. Table with four chairs and parasol provided.
Couple with or without children looking for a comfortable break in beautiful surroundings with all amenities within walking distance.
Eating & drinking:
The kitchen has all the basics and with an excellent village store (loads of fresh local produce), a fresh fish hut at the water's edge and an excellent butcher, cooking will be a pleasure. If you would rather go out then a visit to The Trinity Restaurant at the Crown & Castle, Orford, The Butley Orford Oysterageor one of the two excellent pubs in the village, The Jolly Sailor and The Kings Head Inn, will all serve you an excellent meal - and you can enjoy the Adnams beer or fine wine as all are within a few minutes' walk of the cottage.
The twin room has full sized beds, so will suit children or adults; L-shaped the room does allow a bit of privacy.
A flat screen TV with Freeview channels and DVD player are provided.
Always good to bring walking boots as it will be hard to resist a walk over the castle fields and out to the river bank. A warm jacket even in summer is worthwhile as you may want to visitOrford Ness, (National Trust), Havergate Island (RSPB) or take one of the river trips (an hour's trip on The Regardless, or a breakfast, lunch or afternoon cruise on the Lady Florence- a real treat and if cold you can retreat to the cabin). You can buy all you want to eat in Orford and even order groceries to be there for your arrival at The Orford General Store. For more information on the area please have a look at our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door leads directly into a comfortable sitting room with a two seater sofa and three armchairs, a coal effect electric fan heater, tables and lamps and flat screen TV with DVD. A box with games and magazines along with the wi-fi offer alternative recreation
- A step down takes you into the kitchen / dining room which has been well fitted and includes electric oven and hob, washer/dryer, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kettle and cafetiere. There is also a small dining room table with four chairs
- A door from the kitchen/dining room leads directly to the patio, which also offers table and chairs
- Back into the sitting room and there is a straight staircase with handrail to the first floor
- On the landing there is a small selection of books on shelves and a large fitted cupboard with lots of hanging space. A step up leads to the master bedroom and please note caution that there is a very low beam
- The master bedroom has a double bed, bedside tables and reading lamps, chest of drawers and dressing mirrors on the walls. Windows overlooking the front aspect and modern wall mounted electric heater (with timer or instant heat)
- The second bedroom overlooks the garden, is an L shaped room with two single beds, bedside lights, chest of drawers and mirror. Modern wall mounted electric heater (with timer or instant heat)
- A lovely new shower room with a powerful shower, wash basin, w.c., an efficient extractor fan, fan heater and heated towel rail all add to the comfort.
- There is a fenced patio at the rear with access from the road, with room for bike storage
- Heating is by wall mounted electric heaters
- Bedlinen (synthetic), towels and all electricity are included in the price. There is a hair dryer at the property.
- In the interest of other holidaymakers please do not smoke inside the cottage
- N.B.: This is a period cottage and there are some low beams, so take care
- There is limited parking outside the cottage. There is also a parking permit to allow you free parking in the public car park just across the road
- An unlimited broadband/wi-fi service is provided.
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
Lovely property, lovely area, perfect.Mr Martin Cole - 17th July 2017
A very enjoyable holiday in a lovely comfortable cottage in beautiful Orford, this cottage is thoroughly recommended for a restful cosy break.Mrs Verena O'Kane - 6th July 2017
A charming cottage, we will stay again.Chris L, Wiltshire - 15th August 2016
A lovely cottage, well equipped and maintained. We had a superb time in Orford. The Quay, the pub and The General Stores all part of the perfect weekend.Rust Family - 28th May 2014
A great pleasure in staying atÂ Mariners Cottage is to leave the snugness and warmth late in the evening, walk the few yards to the Quay and listen to the waves and the curlew cry from Orford Ness.Millsen Family - 19th February 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.