In the beautiful coastal village of Orford, overlooking the fields, Millers Cottage is a traditional Suffolk cottage delightfully converted to provide spacious self-catering accommodation
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19 km), SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42 km), FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22 km)
Superbly positioned on the rural edge of one of the finest coastal villages in Suffolk - Orford - Millers Cottage enjoys spectacular views over farmland and beyond.
A living room with fantastic log burning stove, comfortable sofa, a really country cottage feel. There is a tiny conservatory running the full width of the cottage, a delightful space in which to read a book or enjoy a glass of wine. Both the kitchen and bathroom have been totally refurbished for letting in 2013. Spacious and cosy at the same time.
A charming garden with space for children to run around and adults to relax. Some lovely views, the castle in one direction and in the other the coastal strip and the sea. Whilst you are right on the edge of the village of Orford, it is just a 5 minute walk to the shops, restaurants and pubs. Orford is a delightful coastal village, with a fascinating 12th century castle keep, once a major pillar in the defence of the English coast.
Across the estuary (just a 5 minute boat ride away) isOrford Ness(an area of historic and environmental fascination run by the National Trust). There are spactacular views from the quay along the coast to Aldeburgh to the north and Havergate Island (a RSPB bird sanctuary) to the south, all within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Minutes from fine cafes, restaurants and lovely pubs, Millers Cottage enjoys superb views and is a wonderful base for sailing, walking and cycling.
It is a delightful location in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, ideal for everything from a family beach holiday to an historic tour of Suffolk's finest castles and churches.
The King's Head; The Jolly Sailor
The Butley Orford Oysterage, The Trinity at The Crown and Castle- all are within 2 to 5 minutes walk of the cottage.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Well-behaved pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- The front door opens into a spacious sitting room with fireplace with wood burning stove, sofa and armchairs, brick flooring, TV showing Freesat, dvd player, radio/cd, bookcases with books and games, side tables and lamps.
- There is a dining table and chairs to one end of the sitting room
- The kitchen, newly fitted in 2013, is galley styled and well equipped with double sink, an electric hob, grill and oven, washing machine, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, kitchen table and chairs.
- Doors lead from the sitting room to a conservatory with two chairs and coffee table and door to the rear garden..
- Ground floor cloakroom with w.c. and wash basin
- There is a large landing with desk and chair
- A bedroom with king-sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, large walk in cupboard, chest of drawers. Great views over the garden
- A twin bedroom with two single beds, bedside tables and lamps
- Bathroom, refurbished in 2013, with bath and overhead shower, handbasin and w.c.
- There is a large fenced (but not dog proof) garden backing onto open fields, with garden furniture and a large out house (ideal for storing bikes, sailing equipment)
- Central heating and wood burning stove in sitting room
- Linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Off road parking at the bottom of the garden. Note: The parking is up a slope and directly off the road where Ferry Road becomes single track. Caution is required when exiting as visibility is limited. Alternatively, park on Ferry Road.
- Please note the property is suitable for a maximum of 2 children
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- An unlimited wifi connection is provided.
- Other equipment provided includes: iron and ironing board, stairgate, hairdryer and a hoover.
- Subject to availability; local apple juice, biscuits, apples, fudge and a pint of milk.
- A bundle of kindling and logs are provided in the winter.
In general Millers Cottage was very comfortable and well equipped. Orford is a beautiful and historic village which was once an important port. There are a number of unique and interesting places to eat within the village and beyond. We return to the Suffolk Coast at least once per year, usually choosing to stay either in Orford or Aldeburgh. There is always plenty to do and see locally, no matter the weather or season.Mr Jan Szczegolski - 2nd August 2017
We loved Millers Cottage and would be very happy to stay there again.Mrs Diana Lightfoot - 18th July 2017
We have rented Miller's Cottage three times now and have just re-booked for the autumn. It has almost everything we could want from a straightforward holiday cottage. Ms Frances Magee - 5th July 2017
We really enjoyed our winter stay, very cosy and comfortable cottage.Phil and Linda S. - 15th January 2016
Nice cottage with garden, lovely locationRebecca H, London - 11th April 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.