Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 6+2 people, using 5 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFOON.
Seemingly a traditional Suffolk cottage, 109 Front Street has been beautifully converted to create a spacious central Orford family retreat. Retaining most of its original features in the sitting room and bedrooms, the property has a thoroughly modern kitchen and dining room, perfect for entertaining. Take a step outside and the Annexe too is a delight, complete with games room and double bedroom making this the perfect escape year round.
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9 km) ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17 km) WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19 km) SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42 km) FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22 km)
About the property: Situated in the centre of the popular coastal village of Orford, 109 Front Street has been lovingly extended to maximise space for parties of up to 10. Catering for both young and old the property has a quiet feel whilst still only being minutes from all the best that Orford has to offer. The traditional wooden beamed sitting room measures the full width of the house with the added bonus of a log burning stove and board games for those long winter nights. To the rear, step into the ultra modern kitchen and dining area, complete with sky lights and bi-folding doors, the room really brings the outside in, creating a light, bright and open entertaining space. The upstairs bedrooms can be accessed via two staircases, one quite narrow. A further bedroom can be found in the outside Annexe, complete with en-suite. In fact the Annexe itself is tailored to the holidaymaker, complete with ground floor games room and small kitchen area, overlooking the garden - so perfect for outdoor barbecues.
Outside: The garden is fully fenced with a 5 bar gate separating the garden from the drive and the road. Complete with trampoline and games room, children will be entertained for hours as they play a game of pool or sit down on the bean bags to watch TV. The patio area has table and chairs for all guests.
This property is ideal for: Within 200 yards of the recreation ground children will love the well equipped playground and playing field. Just a short stroll from Orford's attractive quay, with its constant attraction of small sailing crafts and yachts, and boat trips to Havergate Island and Orford Ness, there is lots to do and see whatever your age or interest.
One of the most attractive coastal villages on the East coast, Orford retains both a fascinating 12th century castle and church. Well provided with village shop, bakery, butcher, a fresh fish stall, craft shops, excellent restaurants and traditional pubs everything is on your doorstep.
On the banks of the Ore, Orford is protected from the sea by a fascinating shingle bank, Orford Ness, which runs from Aldeburgh to the sea. Accessible by ferry, Orford Ness is now managed by the National Trust; here you can find out about this strange and ever changing landscape, the many ground nesting and sea birds nesting here or trace the mysterious history of the area's war time occupation both for secret development of radar and munitions and in the defence of Britain. From Orford Quay one can take a boat trip to Havergate Island, the first RSPB reserve and home of the avocet.
Orford is within easy access of both Snape and the Snape Maltings Concert Hall and the seaside town of Aldeburgh, where the Aldeburgh Festival began life some fifty years ago.
The market town of Woodbridge is within half an hours drive along pleasant rural lanes and has plenty of interesting historic buildings, galleries, a quayside theatre and restaurant, a picturesque river walk and a great selection of pubs and tearooms.
Eating In: The Orford General Stores stocks almost everything and the staff are friendly and really helpful. The award winning Pump Street Bakery, with an amazing and tempting selection of pastries and artisan bread, made by hand, using traditional methods and natural ingredients is just round the corner. Alternatively, the nearest Waitrose and Tesco are 10 miles away in Saxmundham and will deliver to this address.
Eating out: There are two fine pubs - The King's Headand The Jolly Sailor- and two great restaurants - The Trinity at The Crown & Castle and The Butley Orford Oysterage- within a short walk of 109. A short drive away, cycle ride, or 2 mile walk across fields, is the village of Chillesford and The Froize Inn, which is rustic, charming and has an excellent menu.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Orford.
- Sleeps 10
- 6 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bedroom
- The covered porch opens into a good sized tiled hall with a church pew seat and large walk-in cupboards for coats, boots and pushchairs. A children's cricket set for use in the garden or on the nearby playing field
- A cloakroom with w.c. and washbasin.
- A bedroom with full sized single bed and further pull out bed, bedside cabinet and lamp, hooks, chair and table, electric piano
- Double width sitting room with sofa, armchairs, coffee tables, log burning stove, BT TV, DVD and Nintendo Wii and cupboards with board games and children's toys, and books on the local area including Sammy the Suffolk Seal. A door leads to a narrow staircase to the master bedroom.
- The large tiled kitchen is fully fitted and includes a butler's sink, large Rangemaster cooker with double oven and five rings, a Rangemaster larder style fridge freezer, toaster, cafeterie, built in microwave, dishwasher, electric whisk and an excellent selection of cooking utensils and equipment. There is plenty of storage space in the cupboard. There are skylights and bi fold doors to the patio so there is a real sense of light and air in this large family room.
- A large refectory dining table with upholstered benches, and chairs for 10 or more guests finishes the room and makes dining with friends a delight.
- Folding doors lead out to the patio
- There is a separate utility room with storage cupboards, sink, iron and ironing board and a washer/dryer.
- Bedroom 1 with double bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, chest of drawers and mirror, wash basin, a fitted cupboard with hanging space and shelving and a feature fireplace. A wooden staircase leads up to an attic bedroom with limited head height making it suitable for a child or teenager.
- The Master bedroom has a double bed with bedside tables and lamps, built in cupboard with hanging space, chest of drawers and door to En suite bathroom with bath with overhead shower, two wash basins, w.c. and heated towel rail. A door leads from the master bedroom to a narrow staircase to the sitting room. This bedroom can also be accessed via the main staircase.
- Bedroom 3 is a spacious single bedroom with bedside table, storage cupboard, hanging hooks and mirror.
- The family bathroom has a large walk in shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- To one side of the house is a large games room with pool table, large wall mounted TV and bean bags, a great space for the children. The room has the advantage of a small kitchen area with sink, fridge, kettle etc, ideal for preparing bits and pieces for a bbq. There are also two chairs and a side table. Upstairs there is a double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, chair with lovely views of the garden. There is also an en suite with w.c., hand basin, heated towel rail and a large walk-in shower.
- The drive has parking space for two cars and is separated from the garden by a 5-bar gate.
- Bifold doors lead from the dining area to the patio where there is a garden table and chairs with seating for 10.
- Beyond the patio is a large lawned area surrounded by shrub beds. There is a full sized trampoline.
- There is a charcoal barbecue - please provide your own charcoal
- Central heating, there are radiators throughout the house.
- There is a log burning stove for which a small supply of logs are provided. Further logs can be purchased from the garage across the road (open Monday to Saturday), or from Orford Stores.
- An unlimited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 7th July 2017||£1,635.00|
|7th July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£1,854.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£1,635.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£1,326.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£1,635.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£1,326.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£1,854.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.