DescriptionA delightful cottage set in the grounds of The Old Rectory in Orford. Private and peaceful location within easy walking distance of the quay.
SNAPE 5.5 miles (9km) ALDEBURGH 12 miles (17km) WOODBRIDGE 12 miles (19km) SOUTHWOLD 26 miles (42km) FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles (22km)
About the Property
Situated in the beautiful grounds of The Old Rectory at Orford, Old Rectory Cottage is perfectly situated for holidaymakers looking to explore the pretty village of Orford and the Suffolk heritage coast.
With the mouth of the rivers Alde and Ore just a 10 minute walk away, those looking for a picturesque place to holiday will not be disappointed.
Situated in the grounds of The Old Rectory, but with its own private and secluded garden, Old Rectory Cottage is so peaceful.
The approach to the cottage along a long picturesque drive is a real treat, and with parking for up to two cars immediately outside, unloading everything but the kitchen sink is made easy!
Sleeps Four in one double and one twin bedroom
This property is ideal for
A group of 4, or a family who would like to explore one of the prettiest villages on the Suffolk Heritage Coast. Those interested in the local history will be spoilt rotten - the 12th century castle built by Henry II and the fine medieval church dominate the skyline. Also, across the river is Orford Ness National Trust Nature Reserve, the largest vegetated shingle spit in Europe and a former military test site.
Orford has something to offer to everyone; walkers, sailors, cyclists, bird lovers, music and art lovers, those interested in history and food, or simply wanting to relax.
Minimum Hire Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Changeover is usually a Friday.
Also No smoking, no pets.
Self-catering eating and drinking
Grocery deliveries are available and there is a great selection of catering options for your stay at Old Rectory Cottage. Pinney's of Orford have grown oysters at Butley Creek since the 1950s and their smoke house supplies mouth-watering freshly smoked fish every day.
Brinkleys fresh fish shed on Orford quay is the place to buy freshly caught fish, great on the BBQ!
There is Orford General Stores stocking all the essentials and more.
The smell of fresh-baked bread drifting on the breeze will surely lead you to the excellent Pump Street Bakery, purveyors of fantastic artisan bread, made by hand using traditional methods and natural ingredients.
All hardware such as travel cot and high chair are supplied for your use at Old Rectory Cottage and with all accommodation on the ground floor, this property is ideal for families with young children. Kids will enjoy playing in the large enclosed garden, and with plenty of board games and DVD player at the property, rainy days will not cause too many problems!
The Property includes TV and DVD player, ipod dock and games.
The Butley Orford Oysterage
The Butley Orford Oysterage, in Orfords pretty market square was opened by the Pinney family forty years ago and remains a family business. In a relaxed bistro atmosphere, they serve fish and seafood caught daily from their boats and smoked fish from their smokehouse in Butley Creek.
The Crown & Castle, Orford,
Co-owned by Channel 4 presenter, Ruth Watson, the Crown and Castle has a lively restaurant which has 2 AA rosettes and a Michelin bib gourmand in recognition of its excellent, locally sourced food.
The Jolly Sailor
The Jolly sailor is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers good local, freshly cooked produce.
The Kings Head
This historic 13th Century pub combines all the atmosphere of a traditional inn with great real ales, classic pub lunch favourites and a more traditional evening menu.
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All accommodation at Old Rectory Cottage is on the ground floor
- Entrance hall (with cupboard housing washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board) leading to:
- Open plan living area including sitting room including coffee table, two sofas, open fire, TV, DVD player, book shelf with a selection of games and books, occasional table and lamps, ipod dock and French doors to patio/ garden
- Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, electric oven and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, toaster, kettle, food mixer, dining table with 4 chairs
- Double bedroom with bedside tables and lamps, chair, mirror, wardrobe with hanging space and shelves. Window with views over garden
- Twin bedroom with bedside table and lamps, two fitted wardrobes with hanging space & shelving. Window with views over garden
- Bathroom with large electric walk-in shower, bath, wash basin, w.c, heated towel rail and mirror
- Approx half acre of attractive gardens surrounding Old Rectory Cottage, with mature shrubs and trees. Patio with large table and chairs, barbecue, parking for up to two cars
- Bed linen and towels included but please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it. A hoover is also provided.
- Holiday makers are asked, in consideration of other visitors, not to smoke in the house
- Central heating and electricity included
- A limited broadband/wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- The Kings Head - tel. 01394 450271
- The Jolly Sailor - tel. 01394 450243. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
Our main aim this holiday was to stay in a property in an area of natural beauty and within walking distance of good restaurants, pubs and local shops. Orford certainly met this brief! Mrs Carolyn Hayes - 5th October 2017
A lovely secluded cottage in a wonderful setting, plus glorious weather. What more could we ask for except to stay a while longer!V & N, Suffolk - 14th July 2016
We had a wonderful time. Â Love the cottage and will definitely be booking it up again next year! Â Our hosts were lovely, and we loved the village and being able to walk everywhere. Â Will be in touch for next year!AS, HS & AH - 28th June 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.