Special Offers: Enjoy a last minute April holiday to Peasenhall with a 10% discounted stay at Rosecot. Book online or call to redeem.
DescriptionThis really is a picture book cottage in the utterly charming village of Peasenhall. A Tudor build, Rosecot is in an ideal location for exploring the Suffolk coast and countryside being close to Framlingham and within easy reach of the seaside towns of Aldeburgh, Dunwich and Southwold.
SOUTHWOLD 13 miles (21 km), DUNWICH 9.5 miles (15 km), ALDEBURGH 12 miles (19 km)
About the Property: Set back from the main street, Rosecot is one of a row of traditional Suffolk cottages overlooking the village stream, known locally as the river Yox. Fronted by a private lane there is also off-street parking in the drive. The exposed wooden beams throughout fill this property with character and charm, a standout feature for most who visit.
The garden too, is a place to relax and unwind, sit out in the summer with a book and enjoy some peace and quiet. On cold winter nights, sit inside with the log burning stove, enjoying a glass of wine and a game of cards after days spent exploring the Suffolk coast.
Exploring: Peasenhall is an attractive Suffolk village with local shop and post office, a nationally renowned deli, Emmett's, and a very good tea shop, Weavers. There are some extremely attractive buildings in the village including a range of timber-framed buildings and a late medieval hall-house, which was in use as an inn by 1478 - a fairly new invention at that date.
At Yoxford there are further excellent shops as well as a restaurant and pub. The pretty village of Westleton is close by, as is the lost city of Dunwich, now a tiny village with a fantastic museum and shingle beach. Both Southwold and Aldeburgh are within a 20 minutes drive.
Framlingham (a 15-minute drive) is an absolute must, with its fine 12th century castle, restaurants and pubs, shops and market. Give yourself plenty of time to explore this delightful town.
This Property is ideal for: A couple or small family wanting the best of both coast and countryside. The cosy feel to the cottage will give you a relaxing Suffolk experience - so quaint.
Self Catering: Most well known supermarkets will deliver to Rosecot, but most supplies can be picked up from the village of Peasenhall itself. More shops can be found at nearby Saxmundham, Framlingham and of course, Aldeburgh.
Eating and Drinking Out: The nearest pub within walking distance of Rosecot is the Sibton White Horse. Serving a good selection of home cooked food, you can wander home feeling satisfyingly full. A short drive away is The White Horse, Rendham, a much loved old-fashioned pub serving a selection of traditional English cuisine.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guides, Visit Framlingham and Visit Southwold.
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.7 mile
- 8.3 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Entrance lobby with coathooks and space for boots. Door to:
- Sitting room with traditional Suffolk brick floor and lots of low, exposed beams and open studwork. Large inglenook fireplace with woodburning stove, 2 sofas, display cupboard, Flatscreen TV with DVD player.
- Dining area with antique pine table and 4 chairs. A corner cupboard houses a CD player/radio
- Fully fitted kitchen with plenty of storage space as well as a 4 ring gas hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine. The bathroom is accessed via this room.
- Bathroom with antique, deep, high-sided hip bath (a stool is provided), high level w.c. and washbasin
- Steep cottage stairs with rope lead to:
- Single bedroom with small chest of drawers, bedside table, light, french hooks and chair
- Double bedroom with lovely old oak floorboards, brass bedstead, chest of drawers, two easy chairs, bedside tables and lamps. Dressing room off with plenty of clothes storage space. N.B. there is quite a low beam so please mind your head! Views of Peasenhall main street.
- Long south-facing garden with many quiet and sunny sitting areas. Unfenced but shallow pond
- The garden backs onto paddocks
- Former stable where bikes can be kept
- Parking both to the side of the cottage (private) and in front (public)
- Logs provided for the woodburner
- In the interest of other holidaymakers, visitors are asked not to smoke in the cottage
- Heating, electricity, bed linen and towels included in the price. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- The Sibton White Horse - tel. 01728 660337. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- An unlimited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|B||21st April 2017 - 4th May 2017||£453.00|
|C||5th May 2017 - 25th May 2017||£543.00|
|D||26th May 2017 - 1st June 2017||£621.00|
|C||2nd June 2017 - 20th July 2017||£543.00|
|D||21st July 2017 - 31st August 2017||£621.00|
|C||1st September 2017 - 28th September 2017||£543.00|
|B||29th September 2017 - 19th October 2017||£453.00|
|C||20th October 2017 - 26th October 2017||£543.00|
|A||27th October 2017 - 21st December 2017||£405.00|
|E||22nd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£651.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
Homely and well-appointed. A cosy and characterful retreat to hide from wintry weather for a few days, I would return.Clive G, Kent - 28th November 2015
Cottage exceeded expectations and everything went like clockwork.Debby F-S, Buckinghamshire - 29th March 2015
Happy to recommend Rosecot to anyone wanting to holiday here! Thank you again.A previous customer - 25th March 2015
Just wanted to drop you a note to say thanks for the absolutely lovely stay we had at Rosecot over New Year, it was just fabulous.A previous customer - 3rd January 2015
We have enjoyed a much needed mini holiday in this lovely cottage and garden. We liked its location in the village and the easy access to the beautiful coast.A previous customer - 22nd September 2014
Well equipped cottage with many interesting pictures and features.Helen M, Northamptonshire - 12th August 2014