A stunning barn conversion in the heart of the countryside, halfway between Woodbridge and the sea. There are two other equally luxurious holiday barns next door - Sewell Barn, sleeping 2 and Vancouver Barn, sleeping 8, thus providing accommodation for up to 18 in Vale Farm Barns.
WOODBRIDGE 7 miles (11 km), ORFORD 12 miles (19 km), ALDEBURGH 23 miles (37 km)
Style: An original Suffolk barn, beautifully converted to create an open-plan living room, with galleried landing and large picture windows looking out over the woods and meadows.
Grounds: The barns are surrounded by several acres of lawns for games and relaxing, an open barn table tennis with plenty of space for bike storage, and you can even hire a hot tub to enjoy during your stay. The property is set in 3,000 acres of farm and heathland, two thirds of which is conservation land of meadow pasture, woodland and ancient heathland, criss-crossed with footpaths and bridleways in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
Sleeps: 8. Brand Barn can be rented in combination with Sewell Barn (sleeps 2) and/or Vancouver Barn (sleeps 8) providing accommodation for up to 18. Vancouver Barn has dining space for 18 people.
Ideal for: Anyone who enjoys the great outdoors. Set in 3,000 acres of farm, woods and meadowland in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Vale Farms Barns (including Brand Barn) are superbly situated for anyone who enjoys walking, cycling, horse riding, bird watching, and sailing. Sutton Hoo is just down the road and there are a number of other National Trust venues nearby including Orford Ness and Dunwich Heath. Completely self-contained, Brand Barn is extremely spacious and comfortably furnished so with 8 or even 18 you will be able to spread out. Great for a family re-union, a break with friends or a wedding group.
Eating and Drinking: There is a lovely pub nearby, The Sorrel Horse in Shottisham (you can reach the pub via a lovely walk across heathland paths - around 15 minutes). Woodbridge (10 - 15 minutes by car) has a fantastic selection of coffee shops, restaurants and pubs including restaurants The Crown, The Riverside and The Galley, and pubs The Angel, The Anchor and The Kings Head, all of which are very good.
Many of the shops sell excellent seasonal local produce and of course the fish is fresh every day (you are just a couple of miles from the sea, after all). Do visit the village shop in Alderton if you are looking for good home-made take away meals; they also sell cakes and puddings, but it is worth ordering in advance when catering for large numbers. The Pauls, owners of the Broxtead Estate and Vale Farm Barns, also own the Suffolk Food Hall in Wherstead, near Ipswich - well worth a visit for local produce. For much more information on the area, events and things to do go to Visit Woodbridge.
Children: Well, for my kids anyway, this would be sheer paradise. Well away from the road, and surrounded by woodland and meadows with horses and wildlife galore, this is a wonderful area to explore on foot or with bicycles. Horse riding and carriage driving can be arranged on the Broxtead Estate and there are sailing lessons available in nearby Bawdsey Quay. Bawdsey Quay also has a sandy beach, ideal for toddlers. Just across the river at Felixstowe Ferry one can go water skiing as well as enjoy all the usual seaside pursuits.
Please note: Wi-fi connection is, like the county, slow!
Packing tips: Beachwear and Wellington boots, walking shoes and binoculars, cyle wear and riding hat. Don't forget the bikes.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.8 mile
- Nearest pub 0.8 mile
- 5.8 miles from the coast
- With underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, there is a large open plan sitting and dining room with entrance hall
- The hall and sitting room are separated by a large pew bench with storage below for games books and outdoor shoes. The sitting room has a wood burning stove, large picture windows overlooking the woodland and meadows in the distance, there are large leather and cloth sofas and chairs, coffee and occasional tables, lamps, and large sideboard, flat screen TV with freeview package, DVD and sound system - a lovely large, light room
- The dining room table can seat up to 12 people and there is a large dresser with china and cutlery etc.
- Exposed beams separate the kitchen from the dining area. The kitchen is fully fitted and includes electric hob and built in oven, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, microwave and sink
- A corridor with hooks for coats etc leads to a ground floor cloakroom with w.c. and washbasin
- Back to the hallway, from where a central staircase leads up to a galleried walkway on the first floor
- The galleried landing separates the two sleeping areas, which makes the property ideal for two families
- Master bedroom with king sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table with drawers, wardrobe & chest of drawers.
- The en suite shower room has a corner shower with double doors, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- Single bedroom with 3ft bed, chest of drawers and hooks
- Bunk bedroom with full sized bunks, futon type single bed (folds to create day time chair), chest of drawers and hooks,
- Family bathroom with bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The second master bedroom has a large picture window overlooking the woods and surrounding meadows, a king sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
- The en suite shower room has a large corner shower with double doors, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- There is a private south west facing terrace with table and chairs, beyond which is a large area of lawn which surrounds the three holiday properties of Vale Farm Barns. Beyond this are areas of grass and some farm barns where there is a table tennis table, etc. Another barn houses an old farm cart. A great area for the children to explore. This area is fenced and gated
- A further barn contains the laundry with washing machines and tumble dryer etc
- There is a large parking area
- Centrally heated thoughout, a log burning stove, logs are provided, the ground floor has underfloor heating, the first floor radiators
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the barn
- Heating, electricity, bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Brand Barn can be rented in conjunction with Sewell Barn to sleep a total of 10 people and / or with Vancover Barn with accommodation for 18 people in all. See Vale Farm Barns
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- Nearest Pub - The Sorrell Horse, Shottisham, The Sutton Plough.
|Date Range||7 night price *||3 night price *|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£1,032||£689|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£1,779||£1,186|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£1,060||£795|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£1,160||£870|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£1,060||£795|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£1,260||£945|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£1,160||£870|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£1,570||£1,178|
|1 Jun 18 - 15 Jun 18||£1,260||£945|
|15 Jun 18 - 22 Jun 18||£1,410||£1,058|
|22 Jun 18 - 13 Jul 18||£1,260||£945|
|13 Jul 18 - 20 Jul 18||£1,410||£1,058|
|20 Jul 18 - 7 Sep 18||£1,570||£1,178|
|7 Sep 18 - 14 Sep 18||£1,410||£1,058|
|14 Sep 18 - 21 Sep 18||£1,260||£945|
|21 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£1,160||£870|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£1,260||£945|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£1,060||£795|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£1,800||£1,350|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
We very much enjoyed our time at Brand Barn and lovely for 3 children who live in Paris to be able to build dens in the wood!Duncan family - 11th September 2014
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £23.95 per pe...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.