Special Offers: 20% off Monday-Friday bookings throughout June & July
In the heart of the countryside, just a couple of miles from the sea, 3 superb newly converted barns make up Vale Farm Barns which sleeps up to 18 people. Surrounded by 3,000 acres of ancient heathland, conservation farmland, woods and meadows, you still have the advantage of all mod cons, including Hot Tub hire.
WOODBRIDGE 7 miles (11 km), ORFORD 12 miles (19 km), ALDEBURGH 23 miles (37 km)
Vale Farm Barns comprises three top quality adjoining barn conversions, Sewell Barn sleeping 2 and Vancouver Barn and Brand Barn each sleeping 8.
This Big House Holiday Property: Perfect for a large family gathering or a group of friends, the barns have been beautifully converted to provide spacious contemporary accommodation for up to 18. Sewell Barn is ideal for grandparents or a couple with a baby who might want the odd few minutes of quiet time away from the family. Vancouver has dining for all 18 whilst Brand and Sewell haver catering for 8 and 2 to 3 respectively. Stunning contemporary staircases, state of the art bathrooms and utterly attractive contemporary furnishing and fittings sit comfortable with the old beams and traditional shell of the barns.
Outside are patio areas with barbecue, tables and chairs, acres of grass, an open barn with outdoor table tennis and in the far corner, some distance from Vale Farm Barns, a bat house. Hot tub hire is available
Set amidst 3,000 acres of meadows, forests and ancient heathland, you can ramble to your heart's content. Sand tracks and paths take you across the heathland to woods, meadows and traditional farm land. Much of the estate, around 2,000 acres, is managed for the rare heathland flora and fauna; the Suffolk Wildlife Trust have reintroduced sheep to the heaths to maintain the perfect breeding ground for rare heathland birds such as the nightjar and woodlark. Here you might see the silver studded blue butterfly, and hear, if not see, the nightingales singing to their mates in the stillness of a spring night. There are deer everywhere. A rare and fascinating landscape for birdwatchers and naturalists, it is a great area for walking.
And yet you are just a 10 minute drive from the vibrant market town of Woodbridge with its excellent cinema, superb local shops and restaurants and fine restaurants.
Just a couple of miles from the Deben estuary and Sutton Hoo, the coast is also close by. Ideal for those who want to explore a rare and wonderful landscape, walkers, cyclists, horse riders and anyone wishing to learn the art of carriage driving. Nearby National Trust properties include Sutton Hoo, Orford Ness and Dunwich Heath. Close to the sea, you can enjoy boat rides, swimming and sailing. The ancient market town of Woodbridge is nestled on the Deben River, both the waterside area and the town are lovely places to visit.
Eating and Drinking:
There is a nice pub within a 15 minute walk of Vale Farm Barns, The Sorrel Horse in Shottisham (both around a 15-minute walk). Woodbridge has a fantastic selection of coffee shops and restaurants, including Wild Strawberry Cafe, The Tea Hut, Honey & Harvey, The Crown, The Riverside, The Galley and The East Coast Diner - all are very good. There are some great pubs (top of the list is The Angel), many of which sell the local Adnams beer. Many of the shops sell excellent seasonal local produce and of course the fish is fresh every day (you are just a couple of miles from the sea).
For more information on the area, please do see our online guide, Visit Woodbridge.
- Hot tub
- Sleeps 18
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.8 mile
- Nearest pub 0.8 mile
- 5.8 miles from the coast
- With underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, there is a large open plan sitting and dining room with entrance hall
- The hall and sitting room are separated by a large pew bench with storage below for games books and outdoor shoes. The sitting room has a wood burning stove, large picture windows overlooking the woodland and meadows in the distance, there are large leather and fabric sofas and chairs, coffee and occasional tables, lamps, and large sideboard, flat screen TV with Freeview package, DVD and sound system - a lovely large, light room
- The dining room table can seat up to 12 people and there is a large dresser with china and cutlery etc.
- Exposed beams separate the kitchen from the dining area. The kitchen is fully fitted and includes electric hob and built in oven, dishwasher, large fridge/freezer, microwave and sink
- A corridor with hooks for coats etc leads to a ground floor cloakroom with w.c. and washbasin
- Back to the hallway, from where a central staircase leads up to a galleried walkway on the first floor
- Upstairs, the galleried landing separates the two sleeping areas, which makes the property ideal for two families
- Master bedroom with king sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, dressing table with drawers, chest of drawers and a wardrobe
- The ensuite shower room has a corner shower with double doors, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- Single bedroom with 3ft bed, chest of drawers and hooks
- Bunk bedroom with full sized bunks, futon type single bed (folds to create day time chair), chest of drawers and hooks
- Family bathroom with bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The second master bedroom has a large picture window overlooking the woods and surrounding meadows, a king sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe
- The ensuite shower room has a large corner shower with double doors, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- A stable door opens into the living area. The ground floor is open plan and extremely spacious for 2 people
- The sitting room area has a sofa, arm chairs, occasional tables, lamps and unit with flat screen TV, DVD and Freeview and Radio. French doors from the sitting room lead out to a patio with table and chairs.
- The dining area has a dining table and four chairs and side table
- The kitchen is fully fitted with built-in fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine/tumble dryer, dishwasher, electric hob and built-in oven
- The ground floor is heated by underfloor central heating
- The entire first floor is made over to the bedroom and bathroom
- The double bedroom has a king sized double bed, bedside cabinets with lamps, a wardrobe with shelves, chest of drawers, dressing table and two Lloyd Loom chairs.
- A door from the bedroom leads out to a small balcony
- The ensuite bathroom has a roll top bath with hand held shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail and shaver point.
- Large glazed doors open to the hallway and staircase
- The kitchen is fully-fitted with butler sink, dishwasher, electric hob and double oven, microwave and American-style fridge/freezer
- A step down from the kitchen takes you to the enormous open-plan dining / sitting room
- The dining area has a large dresser, serving table and dining table seating 12 to 14; there is a second table ideal for games and puzzles, which can be used as an overflow dining table when taking Vancouver Barn in conjunction with Brand Barn and Sewell Barn
- The sitting area has three sofas, sofa table, TV, DVD Freeview, sound system, log burning stove and french doors opening onto the terrace
- There is a second, separate sitting room with TV / DVD, a fantastic snug for the children or adults with sofa and bean bags, coffee table
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash basin and w.c.
- Heading upstairs a magnificent galleried landing divides the two sleeping areas
- The two master bedroom suites are very different, though equally well finished. Furnishing for the master bedroom to the left of the staircase connsists of a king sized bed, bedside cabinets and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers. A vaulted ceiling window overlooking the woodland and meadows beyond make this a really stunning room
- There is floor-to-ceiling shelving just inside the ensuite shower room which has a double sized shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Beside the master bedroom is a twin bedroom with 3ft single beds, bedside lights and under-bed storage
- The family bathroom has a rolltop bath, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3 has full sized bunk beds, chest of drawers
- Large shower room with double shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- The second master bedroom has a king sized double bed and bedside tables and lamps, a fitted wardrobe and a large area of shelving
- The ensuite bathroom has a double shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Each individual barn has a private terrace with table and chairs. Beyond these is a large area of lawn extending around the three barns
- Beyond the garden is a wooded area and 3,000 acres of heathland, meadows and arable farm - with numerous walks and bridle paths
- There is a large gravelled parking area close to the barns
- Two, medium sized charcoal barbecues are provided.
- The three Vale Farm Barns are centrally heated throughout, with underfloor heating on the ground floors and radiators on the first floors
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bedding.
- Logs are provided for use in the stoves in Brand and Vancouver Barns
- Extensive private parking
- A separate barn houses the laundry, complete with washing machines and tumble dryer. There is a croquet set stored in this room.
- In further barns you will find a table-tennis table, a dart board and an old farm cart. Great for children to explore. (These areas are fenced and gated for safety.)
- Bicycles can be stored in the open cart lodge close to the barn
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the barn
- A limited broadband / wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|2nd June 2017 - 7th July 2017||£2,739.00|
|7th July 2017 - 1st September 2017||£3,321.00|
|1st September 2017 - 29th September 2017||£2,739.00|
|29th September 2017 - 20th October 2017||£2,307.00|
|20th October 2017 - 27th October 2017||£2,739.00|
|27th October 2017 - 22nd December 2017||£2,307.00|
|22nd December 2017 - 6th January 2018||£3,852.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.
Vale Farm Barns is situated in beautiful Suffolk countryside which is made even more special as the owner is a conservationist and has influenced other farmers to join him. The barns are cleverly converted to supply luxury and an ideal venue for a family party. We were a family party of 15 very keen on sport. A table tennis table was available as well as barbecues. The provision of darts and croquet in the excellent amount of ground surrounding the barns was perfect for keeping us entertained. There was lots to see in the area, Sutton Hoo was very close as was Suffolk Punch Horse Trust. Woodbridge itself is delightful.A previous customer - 8th August 2016
Everyone loved the buildings and had a brilliant weekend.Camilla E, Essex - 22nd May 2016
We just wanted to thank Suffolk Cottage Holidays for our fantastic weekend! Vale Farm Barns were fabulous. We'd be extremely grateful if you would pass on our sincere thanks to the owners too.A previous customer - 31st January 2016
We had a great time and the perfect Christmas get together. The space in the large barn was perfect for us all to gather in and the fact each family unit had their own wing was brilliant.Diana W, Suffolk - 29th December 2014