Nestled away and just a short walk from the heart of Snape, this bright and beautifully presented cottage is simply perfect for a romantic getaway. Experience the wonderful countryside views, culture at Snape Maltings and a break with nothing but peace and tranquillity.
ALDEBURGH 6 miles, ORFORD 7.5 miles, SOUTHWOLD 18 miles, DUNWICH 17 miles WOODBRIDGE 11 miles
About The Property: This stylish cottage, set all on ground level, offers a light and cosy environment in which to relax. Perfectly designed, there is an atmosphere of calm with the open space, garden views and beautiful artwork and ornaments throughout. The seating area has a comfy sofa for two, log burning stove, wifi, TV and DVD player, making this a lovely place to wind down after a day exploring the stunning nearby area. The contemporary kitchen has plenty of space and equipment to whip up a delicious meal and the dining area is in a cosy spot next to the window. The bedroom and en suite are tastefully decorated. The private garden is equipped with table and chairs - wonderful for dining al fresco, and the views of the surrounding fields are idyllic.
Also available is Kakapo Lodge, Snape which is larger than Tui Cottage. For two couples, Kakapo Lodge and Tui Cottage can be rented together to sleep 4. See more here.
Sleeps: Sleep 2 in 1 king or twin beds. Please specify at time of booking.
Dogs: 1 well behaved (and well travelled) small dog is welcome. Due to the size of the accommodation we recommend only small dogs are suitable and must be comfortable with the presence of another dog (as the owners have an elderly, friendly Labrador called Barney)
Parking: There is parking for 1 car on the drive.
This property is ideal for: Couples or a friends looking to explore the wonders of Snape and the surrounding area. Just 1 mile away is Snape Maltings, a haven for food, shopping, art and culture. The Snape Maltings Concert Hall has an all year round program of music and dance in every genre. Explore and enjoy this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty by foot, taking in the stunning landscape and wildlife of the River Alde valley. You can also take a relaxing boat trip along the River Alde which ventures down the river to the tiny village of Iken.
With the brilliant seaside town of Aldeburgh and the vibrant market town of Woodbridge nearby, there?s plenty to discover.
For more information on the local area, please see our online guide Visit Snape, Visit Aldeburgh and Visit Woodbridge.
Self Catering: There is a village shop which includes a small off-license and sells daily papers. Further down the road at Snape Maltings is The Food Hall, a great deli specialising in breads and wines. We also recommend checking out the monthly Farmers' Markets.
Eating Out: There are three pubs in the village, all of which use local produce. There is a great choice of fantastic pub food at both The Plough & Sail and The Golden Key, and The Crown offers a really lovely Sunday lunch.
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 1.4 miles
- Nearest pub 1.4 miles
- 5 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
All accommodation is on the Ground Floor
- Entrance to the cottage is via the sliding French doors which open into the bright open plan living area.
- The comfortable Seating Area features a sofa seating two, footstool, log burning stove (logs provided), TV with Freesat, DVD player, side cabinet and floor lamp. All looking out towards the fields beyond.
- The Kitchen is well equipped with crockery, utensils, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cafetiere, 4 ring electric hob and oven.
- The Dining Area, tucked up right next to the window, features wooden table and two chairs.
- To the left there's a doorway to the Utility Room equipped with washing machine, fridge, iron and ironing board.
- A door leads to the Bedroom. The bedroom has twin beds which can be zipped to make a king if requested at time of booking, 1 bedside table, bedside lamp x2, coat hooks, chest of drawers, dressing table, stool and mirror.
- The en suite bathroom has w.c., hand basin, heated towel rail, shower, mirror, wall mounted cupboard and skylight.
- Fully fenced garden with table and chairs for four and a wooden bench. Perfect for enjoying the summer sunshine. Dogs will also enjoy a run around the grassed area.
- Off road parking for one car. Automatic lights switch on and light a path leading to the cottage.
- The cottage is on the same site as a working family home, however, access and parking is totally separate, private and detached.
- Logs are provided for the log burning stove.
- Bed linen and towels are included but please bring your own beach towels and dog towels if required.
- In consideration of other guests, please do not smoke in the property.
- A limited broadband / wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£465|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£411|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£465|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£411|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£528|
|6 Jan 18 - 9 Feb 18||£420|
|9 Feb 18 - 23 Feb 18||£450|
|23 Feb 18 - 23 Mar 18||£420|
|23 Mar 18 - 13 Apr 18||£520|
|13 Apr 18 - 25 May 18||£450|
|25 May 18 - 1 Jun 18||£570|
|1 Jun 18 - 15 Jun 18||£520|
|15 Jun 18 - 22 Jun 18||£545|
|22 Jun 18 - 13 Jul 18||£520|
|13 Jul 18 - 20 Jul 18||£545|
|20 Jul 18 - 7 Sep 18||£570|
|7 Sep 18 - 14 Sep 18||£545|
|14 Sep 18 - 21 Sep 18||£520|
|21 Sep 18 - 19 Oct 18||£450|
|19 Oct 18 - 2 Nov 18||£520|
|2 Nov 18 - 21 Dec 18||£420|
|21 Dec 18 - 6 Jan 19||£570|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
Lovely cottage sited in the perfect location for the various coastal retreats in this part of Suffolk, as well as inland places and facilities. With friendly and attentive owners who made sure our stay was pleasant and comfortable, this turned into quite a relaxing and restful stay, despite the British weather. We wouldn't like to promote this 'too' much as we would like to keep this our little secret.... If we like it, we know this will be a popular place to stay. We will be sure to be back in the future.Mr Kei Wong - 14th August 2017
This is a lovely property and very comfortable. Our hosts were very helpful and friendly. We hope to use it again in the future.Mrs Doreen Mitchell - 2nd August 2017
It was extremely well equipped and very comfortable with a gorgeous view from a secluded garden. The new porch is a great asset. Could not fault anything.Mr Derek Carter - 20th July 2017
The ownersÂ had left flowers, wine, milk and biscuits which were all really appreciated and popped round to make sure that everything was OK. They really were lovely and the cottage was perfect for me. The bed was really comfortable as was the sofa and I could look out at pretty countryside from both of them. Thank you.R Cunliffe - 12th May 2016
The owners were very attentive and had provided a lovely welcome pack (including fresh eggs laid by their hens!) We hope to return and will recommend Tui Cottage to our family and friends.Katy E, Bedfordshire - 2nd September 2015