DescriptionA truly wonderful Suffolk holiday cottage with outstanding views towards the Alde River at Iken. Just a couple of minutes from Snape. A stylish, imposing and very, very spacious barn conversion set within half an acre of attractive fenced gardens. The views are magnificent - look out over Yarn Hill with its distinctive crown of trees and the beautiful meandering Alde River at Iken. A peaceful, top class holiday property to suit families and friends alike.
SNAPE 1 mile (1.5 km), ALDEBURGH 8 miles (13 km), ORFORD 4 miles (6 km), SOUTHWOLD 20 miles (32 km)
Yarn Hill Barn Iken, near Aldeburgh, Suffolk.
This Suffolk Holiday Cottage:
Brick and beamed barn conversion.
Perfect! Rolling Suffolk farmland in the Suffolk Coast & Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. England as it used to be. A large barn lovingly converted to create a really spacious family home and now available as a holiday property for 6 people. The large open-plan sitting room has doors opening on to a secluded suntrap terrace for the long summer evenings and a lovely coal burning stove for cooler nights. All windows look out over the garden and there are wonderful views over the open fields to the Alde River, a stunning expanse of water with sandy beach, sailing boats and a rich diversity of wildlife, all just a few minutes walk from the house. The barn itself is really high-spec and at the same time extremely homely, a place to relax and spread out. Two minutes from Snape and ten from the coast at Aldeburgh and Orford.
Traditional Suffolk brick-constructed barn with large farmhouse kitchen, sitting room, ground and upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms - you will never be short of space.
With well over half an acre of grassland and trees with terraces close to the house and a ditch with a tiny stream of water at the far end - children will enjoy exploring. The garden is fenced and there is plenty of off road parking.
Two couples seeking space, peace and spectacular countryside. Walkers, cyclists, birdwatchers, musicians and concert goers will all adore this wonderful location. Painters and photographers will never be short of a landscape to capture. A quiet spot off the main tourist routes it is still just minutes from restaurants, pubs and of course Snape Maltings Concert Hall, with its year round programme of musical and arts events.
Yarn Hill Barn also makes the perfect family holiday home. With Iken Canoe just minutes from the property, why not hire a kayak or canoe and explore the wildlife and river that runs through Iken.
They will adore the 'beach' at Iken, just a 20 minute walk from the barn. There are boat trips from Snape (Easter onwards) and crabbing and the castle at Orford, just a 10 minute drive. The beloved seaside town of Aldeburgh is just a 15 minute drive down the road, home to world famous fish and chips! Bring your bikes; the lane outside the barn is quiet and there are loads of opportunities for off road cycling within minutes of the barn and a riding stable round the corner. The barn is large enough for children to spread out their toys and games without ever getting under their parents' feet.
Bring your walking boots, binoculars, beach towels and 'bathers', cycling shorts, concert programme, paints and camera.
Aldeburgh, Thorpeness and Southwold; for kids with the Swallows and Amazons spirit - Iken beach.
Down the estuary at Iken and take the river path to Iken Church or in the other direction to Snape where you link up with the Sailors Path to Aldeburgh - stunning.
For more information on the area please visit Visit Snape.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Saturday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 3 miles
- Nearest pub 3 miles
- 8.9 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Entrance hall with door to utility room with washing machine, cupboard housing vacuum and all cleaning materials etc.
- A sunny passageway leads the way to all the downstairs rooms. There is a shower room with wash hand basin and w.c., radiator
- Large and spacious farmhouse kitchen with electric double oven and extractor hood. Microwave, dishwasher, large refrigerator and butler sink. Dining table and chairs for 6 people.
- Double bedroom with bedside tables, chest of drawers and walk in wardrobe
- The sitting room is large and offers a bright and relaxing space including a coal burning stove, sofas, rugs and coffee tables. There is a TV with SKY package and DVD player with ample discs for your provision, radio with CD player and WiFi. Doors lead to the sun terrace and gardens
- A straight staircase leads to the large open-plan twin bedroom with two single beds, bedside tables and lamps, book case with books and childrens' games, sofa and loads of play space
- Double bedroom with King Size pine bed and bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe, chest of drawers and comfy armchair.
- Bathroom - the bathroom is spacious! With roll top bath, wash hand basin, bidet and w.c., radiator
- Terrace with table and chairs, over half an acre mainly laid to lawn with trees and shrubs
- Off road parking for several cars
- Ample space for bikes and dinghy
- Central heating throughout is provided, please bring coal if wanting an open fire
- Bed linen and towels (not beach towels) are provided. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke on the property
- Travel cot (no bedding), high chair and stairgate are provided
- Coal for the open fire can be purchased at any of the local garages including Friends Garage in Orford (closes at lunchtime on Saturday)
GUIDED ENVIRONMENTAL WALKS
- Environmentalists at Stanny Farm, Iken are happy to offer visitors to YARN HILL BARN a bespoke tour of some of Suffolk's rarest wildlife habitats, looking at the environment of the estuary edges around Iken, its wetland marshes, reed beds and woodland. See the rare and wonderful birds of the Suffolk coast, take a look at the moth traps and find out how and why birds are ringed. Private groups of 6 - 8 (children under 10 by arrangement) can book a two hour walk of 1 - 3km which introduces you to some rare and wonderful wildlife of this protected area. £10.00 per person. Please call 01394 389189 to check availability and book your tour
Fantastic property in aÂ great locationKim N, Leicestershire - 12th August 2015
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.