A very imposing Big House Holiday home created from two adjoining 16th century barns, now completely integrated, on the top of a hill, high above the meadows and woodland surrounding Westleton, Dunwich and the sea. Entering Old Hall Barn, one can immediately see evidence of the fine craftsmanship which went into both the construction and refurbishment of this beautiful building.
WESTLETON 2 miles (3 km), DUNWICH 4 miles (6 km), ALDEBURGH 10 miles (16 km), SOUTHWOLD 12 miles (19 km)
This Suffolk Holiday Property:
Old Hall Barn is set in very private landscaped grounds of around an acre with a wonderful new hot tub and sauna and large terrace with table and benches, loungers and parasol. Children will enjoy the garden where there is a large lawn with climbing frame (suitable for children 3 - 14) with ropes, ladders, slide, swing and tree house and trampoline. There are fantastic views over 75 acres of paddocks and meadows around the barn. There is ample parking in the private drive and outside the cart lodge.
Deer roam the fields while barn owls and marsh harrier wheel overhead.
Accessible by road and rail, Darsham Station is just ten minutes walk from the house. On the East Suffolk line, you can get trains direct from London, Ipswich and Norwich.
Old Hall Barn is in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to Suffolk's Heritage coast at Dunwich and the world famous RSPB reserve at Minsmere. Halesworth (great for shopping and browsing) and the famous seaside town of Southwold are both close by and with Westleton just down the road there are plenty of lovely pubs and restaurants close by. There is a good country pub in the village and an excellent farm shop, Emmerdale Farm, just a couple of minutes walk down the drive.
Old Hall Barn has magnificent two storey drawing room with large Inglenook fireplace and log burning stove and minstrels gallery with room for the whole party to lounge and relax. Much of the ground floor has been reconfigured in 2017 to include a top quality and very spacious newly fitted kitchen, perfect for cooking and entertaining a large party and a new second sitting room with TV (including Sky). Old Hall Barn makes the ideal property for a gathering of friends, or a family reunion. The ground floor twin bedroom works well both for someone with some mobility limitations (there is a ground floor shower room as well as a guest cloakroom) or for two to four children (there are two put up beds available). All bathrooms have been fully upgraded in the last year.
- Hot tub
- Sleeps 14
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.6 mile
- Nearest pub 0.8 mile
- 9.6 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Glass doors opens into the light and spacious two storey hall where there is a storage area for coats and boots.
- The double height drawing room is lit both from large windows and the glass doors on the ground floor and from windows overlooking the galleried walkway on the first floor. With a large inglenook fireplace and log burning stove, the room is both spacious and cosy. Stripped wooden floors with rugs, sofas, arm chairs and stools, coffee tables and loads of lamps all add to the ambiance. There is a large wall mounted TV showing SKY, a DVD player and a cupboard full of board games, puzzles, CD's and DVD's.
- Beside the large sitting room is a games area with pool table and small dining table with 4 chairs - ideal for puzzles, board games and cards (of which there are many). There is also a bookcase with books.
- A door from the games area leads to the cloakroom with w.c and basin.
- Beyond the games room a corridor leads to a utility room with butler sink, washing machine and tumble dryer, fridge and loads of cupboard space. There are also 2 irons.
- A door from the corridor leads to the ground floor shower room with large corner shower, w.c. and basin.
- Two steps from the corridor lead up to the large, open plan kitchen living area. You first enter a lovely snug with three 2 seater sofas, coffee tables, electric coal effect fire and wall mounted flat screen TV with full SKY package. The dining area has a table seating at least fourteen people comfortably. Beside the newly installed spacious kitchen cooking and dining can now be a family event. The large kitchen at the far end beyond the dining area is a real treat; light, it is fully fitted and very well equipped with double butler sink, American fridge/freezer, triple oven electric range, and additional fitted oven, two dishwashers, microwave, 6 slice toaster, cafetiere, coffee machine and central island with loads of cupboard space and two wine fridges.
- Large ground floor bedroom (accessed via the drawing room), suitable for a couple with some mobility limitations. Two single beds, bedside tables, chest of drawers, small wardrobe, dressing table and stool, full length free-standing mirror and feature fireplace.
- The first floor is divided into two discreet areas, ideal for a friends' get together or two families. Staircases from the ground floor lead to each area
- The staircase from the main entrance leads to the minstrels gallery to one side of this is a small sitting area with sofa, TV and VHS player and videos, Playstation 2 and games and Freesat - great for children to watch films or play computer games or as a quiet reading area for adults where one can sit and admire the countryside
- Bedroom 1 has a king sized bed, dressing table and easy chair, bedside tables and lamps, full length mirror. There is both a walk in dressing room with fan, hairdryer and baby monitor and an en suite shower room with corner shower, w.c., basin, and towel rail
- Bedroom 2 has two single beds, bedside chest of drawers, lamps and wardrobe, full length mirror
- Opposite bedroom 2 is a bathroom with w.c., basin, bath and towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 has a king sized bed, bedside chests and lamps, small chest of drawers, easy chair and walk in dressing room with hairdryer and en suite bathroom with w.c., basin, and bath
- Stairs from the kitchen lead to
- Bedroom 4 which has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe with hairdryer, easy chair and an en suite shower room with w.c., shower (there is a step up to the shower) and basin
- There is a further shower room with w.c., wash basin, and shower (step up).
- Bedroom 5 has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers. There is a large fitted cupboard in the hall opposite the room with plenty of hanging space.
- Bedroom 6 has two single beds, bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and easy chair. There is a large fitted cupboard in the hall outside the room with plenty of hanging space.
- There is a large landscaped garden of just over an acre with spacious terrace with garden table and benches for the whole party, gas barbecue and parasol.
- The lawn beyond is great for ball games and there is a large trampoline and children's climbing frame (suitable for children from 3 - 14) with 3 swings, slide, ladders and tree house.
- Adults are equally well catered for - a large, top of the range, luxury hot tub, the temperature being kept at 37 degrees, for 8 people. With deck and uplighting the hot tub is already proving a firm favourite with visitors. A sauna seating 6 - 8 people.
- Beyond the garden is a cart shed; parking available for 2 cars outside. There is also a good deal of private parking in the drive
- To the west of the house is a private path leading to the road (a short cut to Darsham Station some 10 minutes walk from the house)
- The barn is surrounded by fields, woodland and paddocks.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke on the property
- Bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring beach towels.
- Oil central heating and lighting etc. are provided
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £400 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as the terms of business are met
- Unlimited Wifi provided.
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- The Fox Inn - tel. 01728 668436.
- There is a TV, DVD and PS2 console in the children's play area on the 1st floor.
- There is a hairdryer in every double bedroom.
- There is a travel cot, high chair, stair gate, baby monitor and children's cutlery. If using the travel cot please provide your own bedding.
- A short walk from the station that is accessed via a footpath directly opposite by wooden steps.
A lovely large and fully equipped property. Facilities were excellent. Really pleased with the property. The hot tub, trampoline and snooker table were a great hit for all the family. Both the adults and the children had a brilliant time. The property was very clean and the bedding and towels spotless. Miss Diane Burgess - 7th November 2018
We hired the Barn for a hen weekend, 10 ladies, and we had a wonderful time. Excellent size property, lovely big table in the dining area and a large very well equipped kitchen. Hot tub was fabulous and we even used the trampoline. Access to the property was easy. All in all a great spacious place and I have already recommended it to quite a few friends. A wonderful find. Mrs Wendy Stevenson - 28th May 2018
Beautiful property in a quiet but very good location, which has very easy access to main road and to lovely coastal locations. A very well equipped property, ideal for family get-togethers. Mr Christopher Wall - 5th January 2018
This is a fantastic house to host a family and friends party. There is plenty of room for everyone to do their own thing in. The location is great for walking, cycling and seeing the sea! If you want water closer to hand then there is always the hut tub in the patio. Spent three nights here and everyone had a great time.Mrs Elizabeth Gladwell - 1st December 2017
A fantastic property in a great location. Property is really well equipped. Wonderful comfy beds!Â Thank you - we enjoyed our stay.Alison W, Essex - 22nd April 2015
We have had a wonderful few days at Old Hall Barn and we will be back again one day.A previous customer - 22nd December 2014
A lovely property to create new memories with family and friends Mrs Wendy Pratt
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Cookery Workshop and Entertainment
Have fun and learn some new skills with a cookery workshop from local chef Emma Crowhurst
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Prosecco O'Clock Private Prosecco Party
Whether it is to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or just ‘because’, there’s always an excuse for a sparkling celebration with a Private Prosecc...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.