- £2866 per week
- £409 per night
- 14 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- No Pets
- Open fire or woodburner
- Hot tub
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 4 king/super-king beds
- 6 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 6 bathrooms
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Private parking
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
A very impressive Big House Holiday home created from two adjoining 16th century barns, now completely integrated, on the top of a hill, high above the meadows and woodland surrounding Westleton, Dunwich and the sea. Entering Old Hall Barn, one can immediately see evidence of the fine craftsmanship which went into both the construction and refurbishment of this beautiful building.
WESTLETON 2 miles (3 km), DUNWICH 4 miles (6 km), ALDEBURGH 10 miles (16 km), SOUTHWOLD 12 miles (19 km)
This Suffolk Holiday Property:
Old Hall Barn is set in very private grounds of around an acre with two wonderful new hot tubs and a sauna and large terrace with table and benches, loungers and parasol. Children will enjoy the garden where there is a large lawn with climbing frame (suitable for children 3 - 14) with ropes, ladders, slide, swing and tree house and trampoline. There are fantastic views over 75 acres of paddocks and meadows around the barn. There is ample parking in the private drive and outside the cart lodge.
Deer roam the fields while barn owls and marsh harrier wheel overhead.
Accessible by road and rail, Darsham Station is just ten minutes walk from the house. On the East Suffolk line, you can get trains direct from London, Ipswich and Norwich.
Old Hall Barn is in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to Suffolk's Heritage coast at Dunwich and the world famous RSPB reserve at Minsmere. Halesworth (great for shopping and browsing) and the famous seaside town of Southwold are both close by and with Westleton just down the road there are plenty of lovely pubs and restaurants close by. There is a good country pub in the village and an excellent farm shop, Emmerdale Farm, just a couple of minutes walk down the drive.
Old Hall Barn has magnificent two storey drawing room with large Inglenook fireplace and log burning stove and minstrels gallery with room for the whole party to lounge and relax. Much of the ground floor has been reconfigured in 2017 to include a top quality and very spacious newly fitted kitchen, perfect for cooking and entertaining a large party and a new second sitting room with TV (including Sky). Old Hall Barn makes the ideal property for a gathering of friends, or a family reunion. The ground floor twin bedroom works well both for someone with some mobility limitations (there is a ground floor shower room as well as a guest cloakroom) or for two to four children (there are two put up beds available). All bathrooms have been fully upgraded in the last year.
- Glass doors opens into the light and spacious two storey hall where there is a storage area for coats and boots.
- The double height drawing room is lit both from large windows and the glass doors on the ground floor and from windows overlooking the galleried walkway on the first floor. With a large inglenook fireplace and log burning stove, the room is both spacious and cosy. Stripped wooden floors with rugs, sofas, arm chairs and stools, coffee tables and loads of lamps all add to the ambiance. There is a large wall mounted TV showing SKY, a DVD player and a cupboard full of board games, puzzles, CD's and DVD's.
- Beside the large sitting room is a games area with pool table and small dining table with 4 chairs - ideal for puzzles, board games and cards (of which there are many). There is also a bookcase with books.
- A door from the games area leads to the cloakroom with w.c and basin.
- Beyond the games room a corridor leads to a utility room with butler sink, washing machine and tumble dryer, fridge and loads of cupboard space. There are also 2 irons.
- A door from the corridor leads to the ground floor shower room with large corner shower, w.c. and basin.
- Two steps from the corridor lead up to the large, open plan kitchen living area. You first enter a lovely snug with three 2 seater sofas, coffee tables, electric coal effect fire and wall mounted flat screen TV with full SKY package. The dining area has a table seating at least fourteen people comfortably. Beside the newly installed spacious kitchen cooking and dining can now be a family event. The large kitchen at the far end beyond the dining area is a real treat; light, it is fully fitted and very well equipped with double butler sink, American fridge/freezer, triple oven electric range, and additional fitted oven, two dishwashers, microwave, 6 slice toaster, cafetiere, coffee machine and central island with loads of cupboard space and two wine fridges.
- Large ground floor bedroom (accessed via the drawing room), suitable for a couple with some mobility limitations. Two single beds, bedside tables, chest of drawers, small wardrobe, dressing table and stool, full length free-standing mirror and feature fireplace.
- The first floor is divided into two discreet areas, ideal for a friends' get together or two families. Staircases from the ground floor lead to each area
- The staircase from the main entrance leads to the minstrels gallery to one side of this is a small sitting area with sofa, TV and VHS player and videos, Playstation 2 and games and Freesat - great for children to watch films or play computer games or as a quiet reading area for adults where one can sit and admire the countryside
- Bedroom 1 has a king sized bed, dressing table and easy chair, bedside tables and lamps, full length mirror. There is both a walk in dressing room with fan, hairdryer and baby monitor and an en suite shower room with corner shower, w.c., basin, and towel rail
- Bedroom 2 has two single beds, bedside chest of drawers, lamps and wardrobe, full length mirror
- Opposite bedroom 2 is a bathroom with w.c., basin, bath and towel rail.
- Bedroom 3 has a king sized bed, bedside chests and lamps, small chest of drawers, easy chair and walk in dressing room with hairdryer and en suite bathroom with w.c., basin, and bath
- Stairs from the kitchen lead to
- Bedroom 4 which has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe with hairdryer, easy chair and an en suite shower room with w.c., shower (there is a step up to the shower) and basin
- There is a further shower room with w.c., wash basin, and shower (step up).
- Bedroom 5 has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers. There is a large fitted cupboard in the hall opposite the room with plenty of hanging space.
- Bedroom 6 has two single beds, bedside table and lamp, chest of drawers and easy chair. There is a large fitted cupboard in the hall outside the room with plenty of hanging space.
- There is a large garden of just over an acre with spacious terrace with garden table and benches for the whole party, gas barbecue and parasol.
- The lawn beyond is great for ball games and there is a large trampoline and children's climbing frame (suitable for children from 3 - 14) with 3 swings, slide, ladders and tree house.
- Adults are equally well catered for with two large, top of the range, luxury hot tubs, the temperature being kept at 37 degrees. With decking and uplighting the hot tubs are proving a firm favourite with visitors. A sauna seating 6 - 8 people.
- Beyond the garden is a cart shed; parking available for 2 cars outside. There is also a good deal of private parking in the drive
- To the west of the house is a private path leading to the road (a short cut to Darsham Station some 10 minutes walk from the house)
- The barn is surrounded by fields, woodland and paddocks.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke on the property
- Bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring beach towels.
- Oil central heating and lighting etc. are provided
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £400 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as the terms of business are met
- Unlimited Wifi provided.
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- The Fox Inn - tel. 01728 668436.
- There is a TV, DVD and PS2 console in the children's play area on the 1st floor.
- There is a hairdryer in every double bedroom.
- There is a travel cot, high chair, stair gate, baby monitor and children's cutlery. If using the travel cot please provide your own bedding.
- A short walk from the station that is accessed via a footpath directly opposite by wooden steps.
Lovely spacious home with a well equipped kitchen in a lovely part of Suffolk. Plenty for all ages to do and a super base to come back to after exploring the countryside
we had a family weekend away to celebrate our parents 80th Birthdays so there were mixed ages from 9wks to 80 including couple of teenagers . This property catered brilliantly for everyone. Plenty of space all the equipment you could need and the hot tub was huge. There was a problem with the hot tub thermostat but the maintenance team sorted it immediately. It was great to have sky TV for the live football and films. Old Barn made our weekend very special and everyone had a great time.
An amazing property.
Excellent accommodation, very well equipped and only a short drive to the coast. The hot tub, pool table and the trampoline provided lots of entertainment.
“This house exceeded our expectations...it’s an amazing space which was perfect for our party of 5 couples and 5 young children. Lots of room so you don’t feel on top of each other. The kitchen is full of cooking pans, dishes and utensils. The hot tub and sauna were spot on. We all really want to re book because we just had the best time.”
A lovely large and fully equipped property. Facilities were excellent. Really pleased with the property. The hot tub, trampoline and snooker table were a great hit for all the family. Both the adults and the children had a brilliant time. The property was very clean and the bedding and towels spotless.
We hired the Barn for a hen weekend, 10 ladies, and we had a wonderful time. Excellent size property, lovely big table in the dining area and a large very well equipped kitchen. Hot tub was fabulous and we even used the trampoline. Access to the property was easy. All in all a great spacious place and I have already recommended it to quite a few friends. A wonderful find.
A lovely property to create new memories with family and friends