DescriptionAn elegant double bay fronted detached Edwardian house built in the 1920s with private off-road parking for two cars. Westrow has recently been beautifully modernised to create a light and very spacious interior and has a lovely private landscaped terraced garden with areas of seating and a super variety of planting. Ideal for barbecues or simply relaxing in the sunshine.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
The Property: A double fronted Edwardian house with spacious bedrooms and two large receptions rooms, the house has been renovated to provide attractive, contemporary and comfortable accommodation for six adults and a child. Just a short walk from the high street and with the beach just 200 yards away this house is a perfect property for holidays for families or friends.
Upstairs there are three attractive double bedrooms, two with a king sized double bed and one with a zip and link twin bed, spacious fitted cupboards and views over the rear garden and or the street. The fourth bedroom is perfect for a baby or small child with a child's bed / cot, bedside table and chair. There is both a family bathroom and separate shower room. The ground floor is extremely spacious; the large sitting room includes two lovely seating areas, a contemporary open fire, writing desk and flat screen TV making it ideal for any configuration. French doors open on to the garden. There is a separate dining room, very well fitted kitchen, utility room and ground floor cloakroom.
The Grounds: The garden has been very well landscaped and includes mature trees, shrubs and a terraced area with a stainless steel water feature, a raised seating area and a west facing covered dining area, perfect for barbecues. The drive to the left of the property has parking for at least 2 cars.
Sleeps 6 adults + a child: Two king sized beds, a zip and link twin, as well as a child's bedroom with child's bed or cot.
This property is ideal for: With two bathrooms and king sized beds and a zip and link twin, the house would be great for two or three couples. Close to the High Street and the beach at Aldeburgh and with a secure garden it would also suit families with children of any age and with cot, high chair, child's bed and stair gate all provided - parents with toddlers or babies will be able to pack the car with ease! Do bring own bedding for the cot.
Minimum hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Friday changeover in High Season.
No smoking, no pets. Just a couple of minutes walk up the hill from the High Street and the beach at Aldeburgh, Westrow has been beautifully refurbished to provide spacious and comfortable holiday accommodation. Family or friends, or a group of musicians attending one of the many events at the Aldeburgh Festival; there is plenty of space for the whole group.
A wonderful beach, Edwardian boating lake, great pubs, fine restaurants, cooking school, sailing and yacht club, boat trips and fresh fish sold daily from the little fishing huts overlooking the sea - Aldeburgh has it all.
The town has long been a favourite seaside escape for the artistically inclined, the setting for fine writing and great opera, and inspiration for world renowned artists, Aldeburgh plays host to concerts, film and poetry festivals, art exhibitions and has been the holiday resort of choice since the early 1900s.
In the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldeburgh is an ideal location for bird watchers, walkers and of course sailors. The estuary, marshes and shingle banks are home to a wide variety of wildlife. Nearby Thorpeness is well worth a visit, and there are boat trips from Slaughden on the Alde Estuary as well as opportunities for golf at the the famous heathland golf courses in Aldeburgh and Thorpeness.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
The Ground Floor
- Entrance Hall The front door leads into a small lobby and opens up into a hall way and dining room on one side, sitting room on the other
- The sitting room is an elegant double length triple aspect room with French oak flooring. The front part of the sitting room is ideal for quiet reading, work (if you have to) and games and includes an open fire, desk, sofas and side tables. The rear part of the room has more sofas and easy chairs, a fine old cupboard, flat screen TV with DVD and freesat, coffee tables and bookcase with good selection of local interest books and novels. French doors open out onto the lower terrace of the rear garden.
- The hall gives access to a large understairs cupboard and a cloakroom with W.C. and wash basin.
- The dining room includes a feature gas fire place set in the original chimney breast with store cupboard and shelving to one side. There is an elegent oval table and chairs and a serving table set against the wall. A door leads from the dining room to the kitchen.
- The kitchen is fully fitted and very well equipped with a range of aluminium fronted base and wall units with a white finished wooden work top with stainless steel sink and drainer. Stainless steel splash backs and Bosch ceramic hob with Siemens extractor hood over. Neff electric griddle to one side and built-in double Neff oven. Built in Neff Fridge, freezer and Neff dishwasher, toaster.
- The utility room includes a large stainless steel sink and drainer with white finished wooden work top. There is a washing machine and storage cupboards.
- Straight stairs lead to the first floor
- Bedroom 1 is a double aspect room with bay window and window seat to the front, built in wardrobe, king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps and a chest of drawers
- Bedroom 2 has a king sized double bed, bedside tables and lamps, a built in wardrobe and chest of drawers and bay window
- Bedroom 3 has a Superking which can be made into twin beds if requested at time of booking, bedside tables and lamps, built in wardrobe, stool and towel rail; with windows on three sides it is a nice bright room.
- There is a family bathroom with large panelled bath with mixer tap and wall mounted shower, a wash basin. W.C. and heated towel rail.
- There is a separate shower room with a large shower cubicle, wash basin. W.C. and heated towel rail.
- There is a small bedroom with child's bed / cot, bedside table and lamp and chair ideal for a young child or baby.
- To one side of the house double gates open into a longish drive with parking for at least 2 cars. For additional cars: parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
- The rear garden is fully fenced and has been landscaped to provide a series of terraces (some steps) leading to a raised seating area with table and chairs. In the centre of the garden is a feature fountain; garden lighting and a covered west facing eating area makes the garden perfect for an evening barbecue even if there is a coastal breeze.
- Central heating throughout the house, there is underfloor heating throughout the ground floor with temperature controls in each room. A starter bag of coal is provided for the open fire. Further supplies can be purchased in Aldeburgh.
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- A travel cot and high chair can be provided - please request when booking
The property is in a great location and was decorated to a high standard. All needed facilities were available and we really enjoyed our stay. I would recommend to others.Mrs Laura Cameron - 8th September 2017
Everything was very easy, there were no issues at all - which is very rare these days. We all had a lovely stay in the beautiful cottage. Aldeburgh was very quaint, the location from the house to the village was literally 2 minutes so an ideal location. I personally would certainly use Suffolk Cottage Holidays again when returning to the area.Mrs DENIS Vaughan - 12th July 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price