A charming Aldeburgh holiday home, Pantiles has been upgraded in 2017 to provide contemporary and luxury accommodation for up to 7 people. Just off the high street and 200 yards from the beach, Pantiles enjoys the benefit of an enclosed south facing patio garden and off-street car parking.
About the property: Pantiles is just a couple of minutes walk from the High Street and the beach at Aldeburgh. With off street parking, Pantiles is the perfect base for exploring Aldeburgh and the Suffolk heritage coast. Wonderfully refurbished to maximise and make the most of the space, Pantiles is light, bright and modern and makes perfect family holiday accommodation. Perhaps one of the most stunning features is the loft bedroom added in 2017 - with balcony Velux windows extending the space (you can even see the sea if you look closely to the left!), it benefits from two single beds and en-suite bathroom - making this totally flexible for catering for all party types. So perfect for those looking for a stress free holiday that all of the family can enjoy - you are in such close proximity of Southwold, Orford, Snape and Woodbridge too.
This property is ideal for: A large family or a selection of friends wishing to explore the delights of the Aldeburgh coast. Pantiles also makes ideal accommodation for musicians performing at the Aldeburgh Festival.
Pantiles can also be rented as a sleeps 5. For more information, please click here.
Setting: Aldeburgh has a long, shingle beach, boating lake, a selection of great pubs and restaurants, a sailing and yacht club all within walking distance of Pantiles. Whilst here, we also recommend buying some of the fresh fish sold daily from the sea-front fish huts. Don't forget to pack your bikes to explore the numerous cycle paths in the area - particularly picturesque is the cycle from Aldeburgh to Thorpeness. Aldeburgh really does cater for all tastes and is well known for attracting writers, photographers and poets. Some of it's most famed events include the Aldeburgh Festival, Aldeburgh Carnival and the High Tide Festival.
In the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldeburgh is an ideal location for bird watchers, walkers and of course sailors. The estuary, marshes and shingle banks are home to a wide variety of wildlife. Nearby Thorpeness is well worth a visit, and there are boat trips from Slaughden on the Alde Estuary as well as opportunities for golf at the the famous heathland golf courses in Aldeburgh and Thorpeness.
Parking: Off-street parking for 1 / 2 cars in the drive.
Eating and Drinking Out: With Pantiles being only a few steps from the high street, you really do not have to look far in terms of eating out. Aldeburgh offers a variety of pubs, restaurants and tearooms to choose from. The White Lion Hotel has sea views and a traditional menu and Prezzo provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for all ages. For slightly more formal dining try Regatta or The Lighthouse. However, no trip to Suffolk could be complete without trying the town's world-class fish and chips: there are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street, both with a fantastic reputation... you may have to queue at busy lunchtime periods but it will be well worth the wait.
Self Catering: Aldeburgh has two Co-op stores with one situated on the High Street. A growing number of shops sell top quality local produce - Lawsons delicatessen is a must as is the Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on Aldeburgh beach. With an Independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is also only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
- Sleeps 7
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No pets
- WiFi available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
Pantiles is a single storey detached cottage with loft conversion
- Two steps lead up to the porch where there are pegs for coats and jackets and a large shoe and boot store
- The hall has stripped wood flooring and doors to:
- Sitting room with L-shaped sofa, easy chairs, book case and books, TV with Freesat, DVD player and a selection of DVDs, occasional tables and lamps and a gas coal effect fire
- The master bedroom with super king sized bed, bedside drawer units, lamps radio, clock radio and iPod dock, large chest of drawers, wardrobe and door to: en-suite washroom with w.c., hand basin and heated towel rail
- A shower room with shower and heated towel rail
- Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- The second sitting area with two armchairs, small TV with Freesat and CD player with radio and AUX cable. A book shelf contains a variety of cookery books. Wooden staircase with handrail leads to the loft bedroom, available in September.
- A door from the sitting area leads to a bedroom with full sized single bed, chest of drawers, small wardrobe and mirror.
- Twin bedroom with two full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe with storage and chest of drawers.
- Open plan Kitchen / diner which is fitted with gas hob and oven, fridge, freezer, wine chiller, washer/dryer, dishwasher, double sink, microwave, kettle, toaster and coffee machine.
- The dining area is complete with table and six chairs, sideboard and lamps. There are a selection of board games in the sideboard. Sliding doors open onto a small rear patio with table and two chairs.
- Generous sized room with sloping ceilings on both sides, full sized single bed with pull out, bedside tables, easy chair and coffee table. Balcony style Velux windows extend the room further and glimpses of the sea can be seen to the left.
- En-suite bathroom with bath and hand held shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Pantiles has the advantage of off-street parking for one large or two medium sized cars
- There is a screened terrace with garden furniture, trees and pot plants
- A gated shingle path leads round to a small patio area at the rear with table and a couple of chairs
- Electricity and full central heating are included
- Bed linen and towels are included (please bring own beach towels). If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the cottage
- A limited broadband / wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
- Ye Olde Cross Keys - tel. 01728 452637
- The White Hart - tel. 01728 453205
- The Mill Inn - tel. 01728 452563. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal written by local author (and Cambridge graduate) Lucy Stone and illustrated by Jenny Duke (Cambridge School of Art), for the children (and parents or grandparents) to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price