Sitting in a prime position in Aldeburgh and enjoying views down over the rooftops and of the sea on the horizon, 27 The Terrace is simply perfect for a stress free holiday on the Suffolk coast. Spread over three floors, 27 The Terrace boasts three large reception rooms, two of which enjoy sea views. This comfortably furnished holiday home has all the ingredients for a memorable self catering holiday by the sea, you need only book to discover the charm for yourself.
The front door opens onto a wide hallway decorated with smatterings of carefully selected artwork and sculptures. Much of the artwork reflects the seaside location, with many being produced by the owner herself. A door to the left leads into the living area with circular table and chairs and soft seating. An excellent place to start a puzzle or board game. Further down the hallway you will discover the kitchen and utility room and additional breakfast room. The kitchen is of an adequate size; and children will love decorating cakes on the breakfast room table to be enjoyed with a picnic on the beach.
A wide, gentle staircase connects the ground floor to the first and second floors. The large drawing room is totally relaxing. A good selection of soft seating looks out over and admires the glistening sea views. We can think of nothing better than evenings spent here with a glass of wine in hand with gentle music playing in the background.
The cherry on top lies on the second floor. The large Master bedroom with King sized bed, also enjoys the 180 degree views of the sea and the Aldeburgh rooftops. Utterly breathtaking; you can lie back in bed and watch the sun set and rise on the horizon - you won't want to leave in a hurry. Complete with en-suite shower room there may well be stiff competition to stay in this room!
To the rear of 27 The Terrace is a small terrace with furniture - ideal for morning coffee's spent in the refreshing, salty seaside air. We recommend pastries from Chopping's Hill Bakery for an extra special breakfast (just a 5 minute walk from 27 The Terrace).
Ideal for: Multi-generational families looking to enjoy special times away together whilst also being able to spread out. Parents and grandparents can enjoy relaxing morning's taking in the breathtaking views whilst teenagers potter down to the beach, spend their pocket money on the High Street or watch TV in the breakfast room. Please note that due to the layout of the property there are a number of stairs in the hallway.
Sleeps: 10 in 3 doubles and 2 twins.
Exploring: Aldeburgh is a vibrant seaside town on the Suffolk coast. The High Street is a real delight with a wide range of independent and chain shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs. Here too the annual Aldeburgh Carnival takes place - picture bunting hung across the streets, homemade floats waltzing down the road and houses transformed by crepe paper - it's great fun! The shingle beach makes the perfect place for long days in the sun; if you're brave you may like to dip your toes in the water! A small boating lake is much enjoyed by young and old, so bring your model sailboats and try your luck (these can also be purchased on the High Street). A brisk 20 minute walk takes you to the neighbouring village of Thorpeness. Designed as a holiday destination, you'll find an eclectic mix of properties, as well as a pub and larger rowing lake with various islands to stop off and enjoy.
This area of Suffolk is prime for cycling, thanks to the relatively flat terrain. Bicycles can be stored in the rear terrace in Aldeburgh or hired locally if car storage does not allow. An area so perfect for keen photographers, artists, authors and walkers, there really is something here for everyone.
Self catering: Most supermarkets will deliver to 27 The Terrace, however there are two Co-Op stores and a Tesco Express store in the town should you wish to stock up on essentials. For locally sourced produce there are plenty of shops to choose from in the town, including a butchers, bakery and greengrocers. Whilst here we recommend purchasing fish from one of the fish huts on the promenade. Caught locally each day - it's best to head down early in the mornings to get the best pick of the bunch.
Eating and drinking out: You really will be spoilt for choice whilst here on holiday. The High Street has many different choices for meals out - or if, you fancy a takeaway you must enjoy the famous Aldeburgh fish and chips from one of the two locations. Crowds gather from miles around to enjoy these on the peak bank holidays - you may have to queue - but they really are worth the wait!
For more information on what to do and where to go in the area, please visit our sister site Visit Aldeburgh.
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- No pets
- No private parking
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.2 mile
- Nearest pub 0.2 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Living/Dining Room with sofa, table and ten chairs, occasional tables and dresser. A large bay window provides views over the Aldeburgh rooftops and down to the sea. Steps down from the hallway lead to the
- Utility Room with Fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. A door leads to the
- Kitchen with fully fitted units, electric oven and 4 ring gas hob, dishwasher, integrated fridge, microwave and table and chairs for two. A door leads out to the rear terrace. A separate door leads to the
- Breakfast room with table and chairs for ten, sofa, armchair, TV with YouView and BluRay DVD player.
- A wide staircase leads to the
- Bedroom 1 with King bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, wardrobe, chest of drawers, cane sofa, armchair, dressing table and mirror.
- Bedroom 2 with 2 full sized single beds, bedside units and lamps and wardrobe.
- Family Bathroom with bath and overhead shower, basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Drawing Room with 2 sofas, 4 armchairs and occasional tables. Large windows provide 180 degree views over the Aldeburgh rooftops and down to the sea.
- A wide staircase leads to the
- Bedroom 3 with 2 full sized single beds, bedside drawer units and lamps, bookcase, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 4 with Double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, table and chair and wardrobe.
- Shower room with walk in shower unit, basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 5 with King bed, bedside cabinets and lamps, table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and chairs. Large windows provide 180 degree views over Aldeburgh rooftops and down towards the sea. En-suite shower room with double width walk in shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail.
- An enclosed courtyard with patio lays at the rear of the property. With gated side access to a rear pathway. Furniture and seasonal plants provided.
- Gas central heating provided throughout.
- Bath towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- In consideration of the owners and future guests, please do not smoke in 27 The Terrace.
- There is a wifi connection.
- On street parking is available on The Terrace and the surrounding roads.
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Cookery Workshop and Entertainment
Have fun and learn some new skills with a cookery workshop from local chef Emma Crowhurst
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Prosecco O'Clock Private Prosecco Party
Whether it is to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or just ‘because’, there’s always an excuse for a sparkling celebration with a Private Prosecc...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
These fabulous value packages provides unlimited golf for either 3, 5 or 7 days during your holiday. Prices from £65.
- £65.00 - £130.00
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price