Wonderful Suffolk holiday cottage for 2, with free, year-round use of the indoor swimming pool, gym and table-tennis. Great views, lovely local walks, perfect for cycling and only a short drive to the nearby coast at Southwold and Walberswick.
SOUTHWOLD 5 miles, WALBERSWICK 4.5 miles, HALESWORTH 4 miles, BECCLES 10 miles, RSPB MINSMERE 7.5 miles, ALDEBURGH 18 miles
About the property: Only 2 miles from Henham Park, home of the Latitude Festival, Red Sails is a impressive cottage sleeping 2. Complete with underfloor heating, an on-site indoor swimming pool and gym, Red Sails is wonderfully well-equipped for a countryside break. This pretty end of terrace one-bedroom cottage is part of an imposing 17th-century property standing on the summit of a hill overlooking the Blyth Valley.
Just a few minutes' drive from Suffolk's Heritage Coast and set in the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Red Sails will appeal to visitors throughout the year. With attractive walks on your very doorstep, it is also a great base for cyclists and birdwatchers. With the pier, boat trips and lovely sandy beach at Southwold just a short drive from the cottage, Red Sails is an ideal property for a Suffolk break.
The Grounds: Located along an impressive tree lined driveway, Red Sails has its own small garden and access to the large communal grounds which are set in 14 acres of parkland, with fantastic views over the surrounding countryside. The indoor heated pool and gym are just seconds' walk from the cottage and are available to holidaymakers throughout the year.
This property is ideal for: A couple looking for a romantic getaway in the lap of luxury, free from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. One well-behaved dog is also welcome. Due to the open plan staircase and gallery style layout this property is not suitable for infants or children
Exploring: Situated just 5 miles from Southwold, 4.5 miles from Walberswick and 4 miles from Halesworth, this retreat is perfect for a couple who want to explore a variety of beautiful locations on the Suffolk coast. For more information, please visit our websites on Southwold, Aldeburgh and the Suffolk Coast.
Parking: Space for one car immediately in front of the property.
Self Catering: The Market towns of Beccles and Halesworth are just a short drive away with a variety of independent stores, grocers and butchers. Market day in Halesworth is on a Wednesday and rural Suffolk is littered with farm shops, so you won't need to travel far for great local produce. Wangford Farm Shop and Southwold Farmers Market are definitely worth visiting.
If you want to plan ahead, the major supermarkets all deliver to this area and Halesworth has a Co-op Rainbow Express, which is open until late.
Aldeburgh has two Co-op stores with one situated on the High Street. Several shops sell top quality local produce - Lawsons Delicatessen is a must as is Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on Aldeburgh beach. With an Independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is also worth a visit; make sure to pop into The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
Thorpeness has a traditional village shop providing the community and holidaymakers with locally sourced fresh food. The shop stocks all the essentials, as well as a good selection of wine, local cheeses from the deli counter and local fudge from Olga.
Eating and drinking out: For hostelries and restaurants in the locality, please view our web page dedicated to Pubs and Restaurants in Southwold.
For more information on the area, please take a look at our online guides on Southwold andAldeburgh.
- Sleeps 2
- Swimming pool
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 4 miles
- Nearest pub 1.6 miles
- 5.4 miles from the coast
- Steps up to the front door, leading into the sitting room with 2-seater leather sofa, armchair, flatscreen TV with Freeview, DVD, and CD player
- There is a dining table with seating for 4
- The kitchen is off the sitting room and is well-equipped with large fridge and freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, toaster, double oven and electric hob, as well as an extensive complement of cutlery, crockery and utensils
- Cupboard containing hanging space for coats, plenty of room for boots. Also contains the vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board.
- Wooden stairs to first floor, with switchback turn halfway and handrail on left going up
- Underfloor heating throughout ground floor
- Large double bedroom with stripped wooden floors and rugs, wardrobe with drawers underneath, bedside tables with lamps, leather chair and radio alarm with iPod dock
- En suite bathroom has a bath with electric shower over, glass shower screen, washbasin, w.c., hairdryer
- Parking for one car immediately in front of the cottage
- Small, fenced cottage garden to the front of the cottage
- Bedlinen and towels are provided but please bring your own beach / swimming / gym towels. Bedding is a mixture of synthetic and anti-allergenic. There is a hair dryer.
- Central heating included (underfloor heating throughout ground floor, radiators on first floor)
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in Red Sails
- An unlimited wifi/broadband service is provided and internet reception can be patchy so the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films.
- In the interests of safety, barbecues are not permitted on Blyth View
- Welcome pack provided including milk, wine and shortbread.
- The use of the indoor heated swimming pool (subject to cleaning, maintenance, etc) and gym complex is FREE to residents (the gym is not available to children). All facilities are used at your own risk.
- Dogs are well cared for at Red Sails; dog treats, dog bowls, dog bed and portable dog washer (ideal after a country walk) are all provided
Red Sails is not suitable for children
- The Queen's Head, Blyford - tel. 01986 784214. - Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
Red Sails is a compact but comfortable and very well equipped property.It is in a quiet location and is well placed for visiting Southwold and other local places of interest.As an added bonus it has a access to the free use of a swimming pool.Mr Anthony Wheeler - 25th April 2019
Excellent comfortable cottage. Convenient for most places for a day out. Not too far from Southwold which was my main destination.Mr Michael Hotchkiss - 23rd September 2018
It was one of the best we have stayed in and dog friendly too!Veronica Boland - 13th July 2018
The owners of this property really do care that the holiday maker has everything they need. It was a pleasure to stay here. We both loved it.Karen Canby - 20th May 2018
We use a lot of short term holiday let’s and this was by far the best we have stayed in, a credit to the owners for such a high standard, would definitely stay again .Mr David Cantillon - 18th April 2018
The property is in a lovely location, it was spotlessly clean and superbly appointed, the owner is to be commended for the quality of the fixtures and fittings. We were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the property bearing in mind it was only a 1 bedroom unit.Mr David Mallinson - 16th February 2018
A lovely cottage. Spotlessly clean. Easy parking and access to the cottage.Mr Alan Millidge - 23rd October 2017
We enjoyed staying there, central location for the lovely surrounding area .Mrs Susan Carling - 10th July 2017
The cottage is very warm and comfortable and is the best equipped self catering cottage I have stayed in. A real home from home.Nigel C, Essex - 12th April 2016
Lovely cottage in such a relaxing space, away from it all; really appreciated care and attention to detail.A previous customer - 21st September 2015
Superbly equipped and tastefully furnished cottage.David B, Leicestershire - 21st June 2015
We have had a wonderful week. The cottage we have described as 5 star. There was nothing else we could have asked for, you had thought of everything.A previous customer - 3rd April 2015
A high standard accommodation with quality fixtures, fittings and furnishings. A perfect tranquil countryside retreat.Jenny W, Norfolk. Â - 23rd July 2014
It was all excellent, The owners also made us feel very welcome with a large Christmas present and a Christmas tree on display which was all very nice. The leisure facilities were also very good - swimming pool, gym, table tennis and pool. In the apartment itself there was everything we needed and it was very cosy.Mrs Glenn Rikowski
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tr...
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.