Reduced Occupancy Offer - This property can also be booked for 6 people, using 3 bedrooms only. For full details, please see property ref: SFPHT6.
Newly built, this beautifully designed Thorpeness holiday home has everything the family or a group of friends can possibly need for a holiday on the Suffolk coast. There is a first floor balcony overlooking The Meare, a sheltered terrace and large, enclosed south-facing garden to make the very most of the summer sun. You can even hire a hot tub for your stay. Thorpeness beach and the sea are just a few steps from the front door.
ALDEBURGH 1.5 miles (2 km), ORFORD 11 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 18 miles (29 km), SOUTHWOLD 19 miles (30.5 km)
The Pink House is a newly built Suffolk seaside holiday property, combining all the quirky architecture of a traditional Thorpeness house with all modern amenities. Found in the perfect spot; only a few steps from the beach at Thorpeness, just a mile up the coast from Aldeburgh. With wonderful views over the Meare; an inland boating lake in the very heart of the coastal village of Thorpeness, The Pink House is set back from the road down a small private track. Just a throw of a ball from Thorpeness Tennis Club, The Pink House is superbly located for the many holidaymaker amenities of this wonderful Arts and Crafts seaside village - Thorpeness. Just a few minutes' walk takes you to miles of heathland and cliff top paths, The Pink House is a 20 minute walk / 10 minute cycle from Aldeburgh and half an hour car drive from Southwold.
The Property: Superbly designed, The Pink House has the advantage of four bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a large en suite bathroom to the master bedroom, a delightful first floor balcony and a fully equipped kitchen. Double doors open from the dining area on to a patio, great for the summer and the sitting room is perfectly cosy for winter. A lovely log burning stove is being added in spring 2015, for that extra winter comfort; hardly necessary as there is central heating throughout. Configured to create a really spacious holiday home, The Pink House has a large ground floor double bedroom with adjacent shower room with door widths large enough to accommodate a wheelchair.
The large open plan living area with modern kitchen, dining area and a spacious sitting room means that people can enjoy one another's company whilst cooking and clearing. The utility room is well equipped with plenty of space for beach bits, boots and sports kit.
Around the Property: The Pink House has private off street parking and a large sheltered garden Largely laid to lawn with a sheltered sun trap terrace. You can hire a hot tub for your stay. Just seconds from the beach and the centre of the village, once there you will rarely need to use a car.
Larger Groups (up to 20 people) looking for a seaside holiday in Thorpeness can hire both The Pink House and Sea View (sleeping 12) which is next door. The two properties have been specifically designed to be let separately or together.
In the centre of the village is the Meare, a wildlife-rich lake, with rowing boats and punts for hire. Thorpeness also has a country club with tennis courts, golf course and great pub The Dolphin, and an excellent village shop and brand new cafe.
Nearby there are two lovely golf courses to chose from:
Thorpeness Golf Club Set amongst the Suffolk coastal heathland, it offers a tough challenge for all levels of player. Designed by James Braid in 1922, this Suffolk golf course winds through silver birch, pine trees, gorse and heather and was described by the Sunday Telegraph Golfing Guide as "Reminiscent of the inland glories of Sunningdale and Woodhall Spa".
Aldeburgh Golf Club The original Aldeburgh Golf Club course was designed in 1884 by John Thompson from Royal Wimbledon and Open champion Willie Fernie from Felixstowe and later modified by J.H. Taylor and Willie Park Junior. Taylor's bunkers are visible today, recognisable by their sweeping banks which curve both vertically and horizontally. The new heathland course was officially opened in 1908 and has hardly changed since. There are some long holes to tempt the big hitter but plenty of holes that require careful attention. There is also a smaller nine-hole course.
Just a short walk along a seaside footpath will take you to Aldeburgh, home of the Aldeburgh Festival and the Freud Summer Theatre, where there are several excellent restaurants, pubs and lovely shops, as well as a fascinating museum, boating lake, sailing and yacht club. RSPB Minsmere, Dunwich and Southwold are all within a short drive.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- The front door leads into a small lobby, off which is a utility room and bathroom, opening into the large open plan living space
- To the left, the good sized shower room has a spacious corner shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- There is a large ground floor double bedroom with views over the garden, bedside tables, lamps, chest of drawers and easy chair
- To the right is a built in cupboard with hooks for coats and space for shoes and boots. The good sized utility room has a sink, washing machine and tumble dryer. The utility room has space for beach paraphernalia.
- The remainder of the ground floor is open plan. Large south facing doors and windows open on to the garden and bring lots of natural light into the house.
- The dining area includes a large dining table and 8 chairs, side board, lamps and occasional table.
- The sitting area includes two large sofas and easy chairs, a log burning stove (coming spring 2015), coffee table and lamps, flat screen TV and tallboy. To one end is a small study area with desk and chair (wifi available)
- A large central island with breakfast bar and storage units separates the dining area from the spacious galley style kitchen. The kitchen includes a full size fridge and freezer, inset microwave, double oven, gas hob and dishwasher. Well stocked with pots and pans, china and glass, there is plenty of storage space for groceries etc.
- A central staircase leads to the first floor
- The Master bedroom includes a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, plus an ensuite bathroom with shower, bath, wc, sink and heated towel rail. There is also a balcony, overlooking the garden, with views to the Meare.
- The second bedroom contains a king bed and a chest of drawers.
- The third bedroom has bunk bed.
- There is an additional upstairs bathroom with corner shower, wc, sink and heated towel rail.
- South of the house is a fenced garden and sun-trap terrace with table and chairs.
- There is a barbecue for your use.
- Heating, bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke inside the property.
- A WiFi service is provided. Internet reception can sometimes be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, games or downloading of films. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost.
- The Dolphin Inn (less than 5 minutes' walk) - tel. 01728 454994, has a restaurant. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
- Please note that logs are NOT provided for the log burning stove and guests are asked to provide their own.
|Band||Date Range||7 night price *|
|A||21st April 2017 - 4th May 2017||£1,221.00|
|B||5th May 2017 - 25th May 2017||£1,581.00|
|C||26th May 2017 - 1st June 2017||£1,917.00|
|B||2nd June 2017 - 20th July 2017||£1,581.00|
|C||21st July 2017 - 31st August 2017||£1,917.00|
|B||1st September 2017 - 28th September 2017||£1,581.00|
|A||29th September 2017 - 19th October 2017||£1,221.00|
|B||20th October 2017 - 26th October 2017||£1,581.00|
|A||27th October 2017 - 21st December 2017||£1,221.00|
|D||22nd December 2017 - 24th December 2017||£1,992.00|
* Please note: guide prices are based on the current year's prices and do not include optional items such as pet fees.