A true beach style timber boathouse to be enjoyed at any time of year, at what must be the very best seaside holiday location on the Suffolk coast. Includes use of a superb heated indoor swimming pool with canon jet, overlooking the picturesque beach. Guests are also treated to use of the spa pool, wet room and steam room, as well as a selection of high-quality gym equipment. Perfect for a special family seaside holiday, or a luxurious getaway with a group of friends.
ALDEBURGH 1.5 miles (2 km), SNAPE 7 miles (11 km), ORFORD 14 miles (22 km), WOODBRIDGE 22 miles (35 km), SOUTHWOLD 22 miles (35 km)
The Boat House is a beachside holiday home in an idyllic coastal location, perfect for those special family seaside holidays and getaways with friends. For two hours daily, guests are invited to enjoy beautiful sea views and use of the magnificent indoor swimming pool with water cannon jet. And if you don't feel like swimming in the 10 metre pool, you might simply prefer to relax in the spa pool or sit back in the steam room. A selection of high-quality gym equipment is also available to use for the more sporty!Downstairs is a double bedded room, a shower room with w.c, wash basin and a heated towel rail, as well as an open plan living room with a large sofa, television with Sky TV and a galley kitchen (please note no separate dining table). Upstairs amongst the eaves are four fitted full sized single beds. Outside, dine alfresco with views of the sea on the delightful patio area. Beautifully furnished and stylish throughout, The Boat House is the ideal place for a truly unforgettable seaside adventure.
The Boathouse provides parking in the drive for 2 cars.
One double bedroom downstairs, and 4 singles upstairs in one room.
Thorpeness, a charming Edwardian village, is located just a mile up the coast from Aldeburgh. The village is famous for its unspoilt beach, fairy tale architecture and the Meare - a large expanse of water where you can row, sail, punt or canoe around the tree covered islands, occupied by ducks and swans, fortified castles, wild pirates and even the occasional dragon. There is a super village shop, a cafe, and a great pub serving fantastic food as well as Adnams beers and fine wines.
Beyond the village, there are lovely heathland and seaside walks, with the opportunity for birdwatching at Westwood Marshes (RSPB), all a short walk from the house. Nearby is Aldeburgh, home of the Aldeburgh Festival as well as several excellent restaurants. RSPB Minsmere, Dunwich and Southwold are but a short drive away. Aldeburgh has a great selection of pubs, cafes and shops, as well as an arts cinema and theatre to complement its excellent restaurants.
Please note that use of the pool is divided between Spinneys and The Boat House, with both properties available as holiday lets either separately or together. The Boat House sleeps 6, Spinneys sleeps 8, and the properties together sleep 14. Please contact the owner after booking to arrange for time slots if booking properties separately.
- Sleeps 6
- Swimming pool
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 1 Well-behaved pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 0.5 mile
- Nearest pub 0.5 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Enter from the decking into the open plan kitchen and sitting area
- Large sofa, armchair and bean bags, with views to the front of the property
- Flat screen TV and selection of books, videos and games
- Turn left to find the beautiful main bedroom with beautiful Lloyd Loom style kingsize bed, bedside tables with lamps, a chair and cupboard, and simply stunning views to the beach and sea
- Straight ahead for the bathroom, with WC, hand basin and bath with power shower, and views to the beach
- Travel upstairs to find a large bedroom for your children, like no other - 4 bespoke single beds all with bedside lights and storage trunks, all under an atmospheric alcoved ceiling.
The Pool and Games Area (Available 2 hours a day by prior arrangement)
- The pool area with large steam room, changing room, showers, and a cloakroom with wash basin and w.c.
- The indoor pool (10 x 5 m) is of a similar depth throughout ( 1.2 m) . It includes a canon jet, great fun for the children and there is an electrically operated hard cover over the pool. Beside the heated swimming pool is a spa pool, and beyond that table tennis and a Horizon 408 Comfort cycling machine. Pilates equipment and loads of toys and floats for the pool are available to holidaymakers
- With glass on three sides and bi fold doors on to the deck facing the beach and the decking to the south of the pool you can enjoy the atmosphere of an outdoor pool when the sun is shining but enjoy a luxuriously warm swim in mid winter
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own beach towels. Wi fi is provided, the best signal for this is within the pool area.
- The property is cleaned prior to your arrival.
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the property
- The Dolphin Inn - tel. 01728 454994. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- Centrally heated
- Parking for 2 cars
- Guests welcome to use trampoline (by prior arrangement)
- Guests are welcome to use the fire pit/bbq for 2 evenings per week
- Patio area with table and chairs for eating outside with views to the beach
Wonderful location and both housekeepers and owners were welcoming and friendly Mr James Chandler - 10th July 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
ACT Studios Family & Friends Photography
Make your special holidays last beautifully forever with a fun one hour professional photography session at the location you choose. We meet you there.
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.